ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Trolley Trackers

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
TheTrolleyMan
Posts: 776
Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 15:39
Gender: Male

Trolley Trackers

Post by TheTrolleyMan »

This morning one of our Delivery Coaches told some of us that RM are looking at putting trackers on LWTs to ensure their usage etc . Has anyone else heard about this ?
worktotime
Posts: 2866
Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
Gender: Male

Trolley Trackers

Post by worktotime »

what a great idea and about time everybody worked the same way , :nana and with scanning in and scanning out , happy days .
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Trolley Trackers

Post by greengiant »

Biggest thing is actually finding a LWT that isn't either rusted to bits from laying in a heap round the back of the office or defective!
gary1975
Posts: 482
Joined: 16 Apr 2011, 13:41
Gender: Male

Trolley Trackers

Post by gary1975 »

Put it this way if using a Lwt sped you up we would get conduct coded for not using them so total bolocks pda data now is the only way to make savings from the full-time con men hiding out until finish time
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Trolley Trackers

Post by Seymour Buts »

Don't need to track the ones at our place, they're rusting in numerious yorks at the back of the yard.
LaggyBand
Posts: 1065
Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
Gender: Male

Trolley Trackers

Post by LaggyBand »

Have you seen the Panorama on Amazon and their tracking system?

Worth a watch. That’s us in ten years’ time.
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Trolley Trackers

Post by eastie »

Better get some more LWT's then as there are only 4 left in our office that work
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Trolley Trackers

Post by Celgar »

TheTrolleyMan wrote:This morning one of our Delivery Coaches told some of us that RM are looking at putting trackers on LWTs to ensure their usage etc . Has anyone else heard about this ?
I hadn't heard this but I'm not surprised. RM and the CWU don't want posties struggling with heavy pouches of mail on their backs. When we had bicycles posties were reluctant to wear the hi-vis jackets and helmets. This contributed to the bikes being taken away from most DOs.
On the AHDC trials detection devices are on all exits including toilet door entrances as well as on sorting frames. The LWTs aren't generally being used so eventually RM will make them be used on the relevant walks.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
Ozzvaldo
Posts: 476
Joined: 15 Jul 2012, 20:35
Gender: Female

Trolley Trackers

Post by Ozzvaldo »

We've got dozens of them in mint condition in a storeroom. They were issued nearly 8 years ago, but only 2 people in an office of 90 actually use them and guess what?....they aren't noticeably slower at delivering than their partners on P&L (excepting, of course, the wall climbing, garden hopping, doorstepping, running types)
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Trolley Trackers

Post by k979aaa »

We have no trolleys does that mean they cannot track the trolleys or us?
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Trolley Trackers

Post by maisymoo04 »

were all tracked (and don't mean the ones we scan ) :shock: :shock:
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
crimson king
Posts: 783
Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
Gender: Male

Trolley Trackers

Post by crimson king »

eastie wrote:Better get some more LWT's then as there are only 4 left in our office that work
I think we're at the same DO, lol. No more than half a dozen that work anyway. I always get a sideways look whenever I say to a new partner 'im off to find a trolley'. Can't understand why more people don't use them tbh. I worked with a woman of petite stature last week and some of our pouches were horrendously heavy. I said that I'd find a trolley for her but she scoffed and sniffed that she never uses them and looked at me like I was a super wimp.

Highlights of my day were watching her set off on her loops, lurching like a drunk as she gamely struggled with her load. What these people are doing to their backs in the long term makes me shudder.
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
Islander
Posts: 36
Joined: 25 Dec 2017, 10:02
Gender: Male

Trolley Trackers

Post by Islander »

So I am being moved to park and loop next week, if there are no LWT what happens as I will not carry bags. I had this once before when I had a day at a different office on park and loop and my partner didn't use the trolleys and was supprised sniggered that I wanted too, I had a back operation in 2003 and dont intend to screw that up.
LaggyBand
Posts: 1065
Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
Gender: Male

Trolley Trackers

Post by LaggyBand »

Islander wrote:So I am being moved to park and loop next week, if there are no LWT what happens as I will not carry bags. I had this once before when I had a day at a different office on park and loop and my partner didn't use the trolleys and was supprised sniggered that I wanted too, I had a back operation in 2003 and dont intend to screw that up.
Outsource the problem.
worktotime
Posts: 2866
Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
Gender: Male

Trolley Trackers

Post by worktotime »

Islander wrote:So I am being moved to park and loop next week, if there are no LWT what happens as I will not carry bags. I had this once before when I had a day at a different office on park and loop and my partner didn't use the trolleys and was supprised sniggered that I wanted too, I had a back operation in 2003 and dont intend to screw that up.
I would say its a managers job to sort you the equipment to do the job , so no lwt no delivery its simple and don't let them try and get you to carry bags , its mandatory to use lwt , :thumbup