ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Early voluntary retirement

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
thewayforward
Posts: 21
Joined: 28 Oct 2012, 11:55
Gender: Male

Early voluntary retirement

Post by thewayforward »

Does anyone have advice or an opinion on EVR? As a postman do I have to approach HR to let them know of my ambition!! I have approached my line manager about 6 weeks ago had no response or feedback...why am I not surprised :arrrghhh . Also impact on my pension ,is their a formula to be applied if went at say age 58/59. I am not hopeful of a pay off just curious how these this works and what I need to do.Certainly if I do have to stay until say 67 as a foot slogger I feel RM will have cause to regret that more than me. :neutral:
woody38
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 273
Joined: 19 Apr 2016, 08:38
Gender: Male

Early voluntary retirement

Post by woody38 »

thewayforward wrote:Does anyone have advice or an opinion on EVR? As a postman do I have to approach HR to let them know of my ambition!! I have approached my line manager about 6 weeks ago had no response or feedback...why am I not surprised :arrrghhh . Also impact on my pension ,is their a formula to be applied if went at say age 58/59. I am not hopeful of a pay off just curious how these this works and what I need to do.Certainly if I do have to stay until say 67 as a foot slogger I feel RM will have cause to regret that more than me. :neutral:
I was told my job was disappearing so asked for VR have heard nothing as yet, it seems because in my area not sure about your area they have such a problem recruiting postman so my manager says, they would rather hang onto the ones they have.
deltaforce
Posts: 778
Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 15:29
Gender: Male

Early voluntary retirement

Post by deltaforce »

The existing evr scheme is linked to the out going pension scheme. What it will be replaced with, I'm not sure anyone knows just yet.
The days of two year salary pay outs are fast fading and if my memory serves me correct, if you are over 55 and still in the pension scheme your max pay out would be 26 weeks compo and a slightly enhanced pension. Unless somebody can correct me on this.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Early voluntary retirement

Post by robbertwhitton »

Am same here after some 36 years aged 56 am senior guy at our office am keen to go as well,boss not interested but always saying maybe not the job for you anymore,am sure I need to ping his boss an email to see if that will trigger some reaction or thoughts to what they have planned for the future of our office(if there is one?)mmmmm
RobertT
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 6696
Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
Gender: Male

Early voluntary retirement

Post by RobertT »

Early Voluntary Retirement(EVR) was a form of redundancy for the over 55’s. You got all your accrued pension up to leaving date unreduced, plus 37.5% of what you would have got had you stayed with RM until 65.

When the MTSF rules were changed in 2015(I think), EVR was only offered if the total cost to RM was less than 104 weeks pay.

As EVR was linked to the RMPP and that is now only 1 day away from closing to future accrual, it is no longer available. Any redundancy terms will for the time being at least, still be up to a maximum of 104 weeks pay. But how long that will last is anyone’s guess.

EVR wasn’t and VR isn’t, something you can apply for. It’s usually offered by RM as part of a revision or other cost cutting procedure where they’re looking reduce staff numbers.
Links to all RM pension related websites are here
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Early voluntary retirement

Post by robbertwhitton »

RobertT wrote:Early Voluntary Retirement(EVR) was a form of redundancy for the over 55’s. You got all your accrued pension up to leaving date unreduced, plus 37.5% of what you would have got had you stayed with RM until 65.

When the MTSF rules were changed in 2015(I think), EVR was only offered if the total cost to RM was less than 104 weeks pay.

As EVR was linked to the RMPP and that is now only 1 day away from closing to future accrual, it is no longer available. Any redundancy terms will for the time being at least, still be up to a maximum of 104 weeks pay. But how long that will last is anyone’s guess.

EVR wasn’t and VR isn’t, something you can apply for. It’s usually offered by RM as part of a revision or other cost cutting procedure where they’re looking reduce staff numbers.
Many thanks for your input on this subject,you just wonder what goes on and is discussed at there meetings,and what long term plans they have for each office,part time duties etc,our boss is well aware of my thoughts on what I would like,I ask him every week!