I started as a postman back in December. On my first day I informed the management that I had some holidays prebooked to which he told me to give the dates to my union rep. I gave them to him the next day.
The union rep told me a few weeks later that he had given the list to the manager.
I heard nothing so I assumed that all was ok.
I have now found out today(I am going away for my first holiday next week) that there are no holidays down for me.
I didn’t even know that there is a board up with everyone’s holidays.
The manager has been away on holiday for 2 months and is not due back till the week after next so I can’t confront him about it til then.
I knew that most of them would probably be unpaid but that didn’t bother me.
What I would like to know is what did he do with the list I gave them with my holidays.
Did he just look at it and use it as toilet paper?
I am still going on all my holidays. They are all the school holidays as well but in my opinion it’s just another example of management incompetence
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Useless is an understatement
-
tommyrep
- Posts: 561
- Joined: 28 Feb 2012, 21:57
- Gender: Male
Useless is an understatement
Promises, promises !
If you continue to work for RM you will learn and realise that DOMs:
1. Speak with forked tongues. Mainly lies.
2. Are ONLY interested in clearing mail from the office. Bullying and intimidating while enforcing lapsing.
3. Only clearing said mail without paying - particularly new starts like you - rightful overtime.
4. Only pass down orders given from above, ALWAYS.
5. Never EVER admit to verbal arrangements with any staff - like holidays.
6. Piss everyone off while doing 1 to 5 above.
If you continue to work for RM you will learn and realise that DOMs:
1. Speak with forked tongues. Mainly lies.
2. Are ONLY interested in clearing mail from the office. Bullying and intimidating while enforcing lapsing.
3. Only clearing said mail without paying - particularly new starts like you - rightful overtime.
4. Only pass down orders given from above, ALWAYS.
5. Never EVER admit to verbal arrangements with any staff - like holidays.
6. Piss everyone off while doing 1 to 5 above.
-
Islander
- Posts: 36
- Joined: 25 Dec 2017, 10:02
- Gender: Male
Useless is an understatement
Same happened to me booked my hols when I started in december, had them a couple of weeks only to find I only got paid for three of them as the book room had scewed up.
-
Costas6969
- Posts: 25
- Joined: 08 Dec 2017, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Useless is an understatement
I have neXT week, 10 days end of may, 3 weeks in Aug and 10 days end of Oct. I don't care if they are unpaid but the fact that they haven't got me down for anything annoys the hell out of me
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Useless is an understatement
You'll be wanting 2 weeks off over Xmas nextCostas6969 wrote:I have neXT week, 10 days end of may, 3 weeks in Aug and 10 days end of Oct. I don't care if they are unpaid but the fact that they haven't got me down for anything annoys the hell out of me
Only joking,Make the most of it as when you have to sign for your hols the same as everyone else you'll be lucky to get any weeks you want
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3727
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Useless is an understatement
He's alright Jack!!Costas6969 wrote: The manager has been away on holiday for 2 months and is not due back till the week after next...........