ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
my bundle (national minimum wage increase)
-
OGGY12
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 15 Jul 2015, 19:19
- Gender: Female
my bundle (national minimum wage increase)
Has anyone noticed in my bundle the amount to spend has changed . mine has changed by £30 .it now says the nmw is 320 per wk
-
rick12979
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 19 Jul 2012, 10:01
- Gender: Male
my bundle (national minimum wage increase)
I've noticed that spend has gone down. I've been looking at the possibility of getting a car via Zenith but the choice of cars has rapidly declined to where it is now telling there me are no cars available for me to choose. A bit of a head scratcher tbh. The people on the live chat via my bundle and Zenith really couldn't tell me what's going on. There were cars available within my spend bracket but now nothing. Can anyone shed a bit of light what's going about the spend and Zenith?
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
my bundle (national minimum wage increase)
rick12979 wrote:I've noticed that spend has gone down. I've been looking at the possibility of getting a car via Zenith but the choice of cars has rapidly declined to where it is now telling there me are no cars available for me to choose. A bit of a head scratcher tbh. The people on the live chat via my bundle and Zenith really couldn't tell me what's going on. There were cars available within my spend bracket but now nothing. Can anyone shed a bit of light what's going about the spend and Zenith?
No idea but before you order you can book a demonstration on the website it’s really good ftbey tldrop the car off and pick it up. I racked up 800 miles over a weekend and never even phoned me back askin if I want it. Can have 2 demos a year
-
OGGY12
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 15 Jul 2015, 19:19
- Gender: Female
my bundle (national minimum wage increase)
Hr have put new minimum wage at £320pr wk .Dont know how they get that figure as the new minimum wage is £7.83 pr hour . so all the system is updating thats why you cant view the cars . ive only just got back on after 3 wks of asking as my car is due to be changed in april. had a car lined up to choose one day went back on following day and my spend had been reduced by £30 do cant order the one i want . so waiting see if the pay rise goes through otherwise just sending car back
-
scmtex73
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 22 Nov 2016, 11:00
- Gender: Male
my bundle (national minimum wage increase)
. My issue at the moment is the effects of the minimum wage increase.
I was all ready to order a car in February and sufficient funds in place. Order was placed then was declined due to the minimum wage increase on the 1st April. This was an event over 6 weeks away from the order. Since then you can only view cars with the minimum wage in place so your figure to spend is a lot lower. Why could the current pay rise not be applied to the my bundle website immediately so you could at least see the cars available to you as they mostly come with a 12 to 16 week lead time therefore the money available will be in place. I know others have been frustrated at this and my personal point is that I have a disabled wife and currently we have no vehicle as she recently lost her motability car after a review of her PIP circumstances. By the time HR and my bundle sort everything out it will be another 4 weeks at least until you can see what you can get with the revised figures. I could not give two hoots about the back pay but surely just the press of a button could of updated the my bundle website with the new pay scale. Its funny how they can penalise you with the minimum wage increase 8 weeks before it happens but can not reward you with the pay increase when its already agreed. I hope that makes sense. Just does not make sense you can only view cars that you can afford at the time even though all orders have to be approved before finalised. I just want to see what I can order again so to at least get the ball rolling
I was all ready to order a car in February and sufficient funds in place. Order was placed then was declined due to the minimum wage increase on the 1st April. This was an event over 6 weeks away from the order. Since then you can only view cars with the minimum wage in place so your figure to spend is a lot lower. Why could the current pay rise not be applied to the my bundle website immediately so you could at least see the cars available to you as they mostly come with a 12 to 16 week lead time therefore the money available will be in place. I know others have been frustrated at this and my personal point is that I have a disabled wife and currently we have no vehicle as she recently lost her motability car after a review of her PIP circumstances. By the time HR and my bundle sort everything out it will be another 4 weeks at least until you can see what you can get with the revised figures. I could not give two hoots about the back pay but surely just the press of a button could of updated the my bundle website with the new pay scale. Its funny how they can penalise you with the minimum wage increase 8 weeks before it happens but can not reward you with the pay increase when its already agreed. I hope that makes sense. Just does not make sense you can only view cars that you can afford at the time even though all orders have to be approved before finalised. I just want to see what I can order again so to at least get the ball rolling
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
my bundle (national minimum wage increase)
Probably a stupid question on my part but how does the minimum wage apply when RM is paying more than the minimum wage? I have never been able to access the 'my bundle' anyway and it seems like the main purpose of it is to encourage accumulating more debt.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
rick12979
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 19 Jul 2012, 10:01
- Gender: Male
my bundle (national minimum wage increase)
I think it’s to do with the recent raise in the tax free allowance from £11,500 to £11,850. You should notice on your wage slip that we’re about £2 better off this week due to this. Quite why the my bundle spend has gone down around £30 is beyond me. I too was ready to order a car but now I can’t. So frustrating. I just wish someone could clear this up. Royal Mail and Zenith couldn’t tell me anything. I can’t view any cars, even the ones that are/were in my price bracket.
-
Speccyred
- Posts: 10
- Joined: 02 Jul 2017, 13:55
- Gender: Male
my bundle (national minimum wage increase)
Little off topic I can’t access car scheme for another couple of months. Are there a lot of cars below the £250 a month bracket available?
Thanks
Thanks
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
my bundle (national minimum wage increase)
I've just accessed it for the first time (had to get a password through the post) and I am happy to report they have successfully encouraged me to accumulate more debt.Celgar wrote:Probably a stupid question on my part but how does the minimum wage apply when RM is paying more than the minimum wage? I have never been able to access the 'my bundle' anyway and it seems like the main purpose of it is to encourage accumulating more debt.
On my meagre weekly part-time wage there were no options to buy a car (that'll teach me to keep saying no to overtime
Then she ruined my smug elation by saying "means you'll have to stay there for at least another two years though."
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
-
rick12979
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 19 Jul 2012, 10:01
- Gender: Male
my bundle (national minimum wage increase)
There were quite a few below the £250 bracket but unfortunately not showing up any longer.Speccyred wrote:Little off topic I can’t access car scheme for another couple of months. Are there a lot of cars below the £250 a month bracket available?
Thanks
-
rick12979
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 19 Jul 2012, 10:01
- Gender: Male
my bundle (national minimum wage increase)
Just to add that I’m a 32.5 hour guy. Would be interesting to hear if any full time guys can see if any cars are available to them and what there weekly spend is.
-
Speccyred
- Posts: 10
- Joined: 02 Jul 2017, 13:55
- Gender: Male
my bundle (national minimum wage increase)
Thanks do they normally have any special offers?rick12979 wrote:There were quite a few below the £250 bracket but unfortunately not showing up any longer.Speccyred wrote:Little off topic I can’t access car scheme for another couple of months. Are there a lot of cars below the £250 a month bracket available?
Thanks
-
rick12979
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 19 Jul 2012, 10:01
- Gender: Male
my bundle (national minimum wage increase)
Thanks do they normally have any special offersSpeccyred wrote:rick12979 wrote:There were quite a few below the £250 bracket but unfortunately not showing up any longer.Speccyred wrote:Little off topic I can’t access car scheme for another couple of months. Are there a lot of cars below the £250 a month bracket available?
Thanks
There are a few that pop up occasionally, not sure how good they are. Suppose it comes down to if it’s right for you.
-
nickbsmooth
- Posts: 279
- Joined: 25 Jan 2013, 14:19
- Gender: Male
- Location: South East
my bundle (national minimum wage increase)
It was terrible when the govt stopped the tax relief on car schemes.
Like so often it hits the average Joe the hardest. The RM scheme was good with tax relief, now it's cheaper to lease elsewhere, providing you have plenty of NCB.
Like so often it hits the average Joe the hardest. The RM scheme was good with tax relief, now it's cheaper to lease elsewhere, providing you have plenty of NCB.
-
scmtex73
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 22 Nov 2016, 11:00
- Gender: Male
my bundle (national minimum wage increase)
Basically anything left after your main pay after pensions etc is taken out is eligible to spend on the my bundle website as long as you do not fall below the minimum wage. eg if you are employed at 39 hours, times that by £7.84 and that is the minimum wage figure. The cars available on Zenith range from £43 per week and up but since the minimum wage increase for example I can spen up to £63 per week on a car. Before the minimum wage increase this was aprox £92 per week. When the pay rise comes into effect the figure should be about this again then the choice of cars will increase. You can only view cars that are available to you within your budget. Unfortunately a part time employee will not be able to aquire a car as they only take into account contracted hours