ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Let's have an accident at work thread x

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Charliecat
Posts: 92
Joined: 16 Dec 2017, 09:29
Gender: Female

Let's have an accident at work thread x

Post by Charliecat »

As the title says ....
If you have had an accident whether to yourself or to property, what was the outcome?
I had a near miss with an HCT the other week. I was stopped by someone chuntering on about where his parcel was after he had received a docket to say it was delivered but no one in. He was asking if it was in my trolley and I was busy explaining it may have been the van man and not me when low and behold I let go of my trolley and it went straight of the pavement and onto the road head first with wheels spinning :shock: . Good job no cars were there . I was wondering if there had been then what would have happened ?. So let us know your predicaments and what happened to you !?
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

Let's have an accident at work thread x

Post by Creditshampoo »

I had an accident at work. Management told me I had to stay in the office to do a route cause analysis, even though I was in a lot of pain and could hardly breathe, went home then conducted me
Charliecat
Posts: 92
Joined: 16 Dec 2017, 09:29
Gender: Female

Let's have an accident at work thread x

Post by Charliecat »

Creditshampoo wrote:I had an accident at work. Management told me I had to stay in the office to do a route cause analysis, even though I was in a lot of pain and could hardly breathe, went home then conducted me
Sorry I don't understand? Do you mean they wanted to find out the root of the accident (what caused the accident) or what part of the route it happened and why? And what do you mean by they conducted you?
rottathehutlet
Posts: 27
Joined: 27 Aug 2010, 12:03
Gender: Male

Let's have an accident at work thread x

Post by rottathehutlet »

I broke my ankle whilst on delivery. Ended up with about 3 weeks off and a few months rehab in the callers' office. Got a stage warning for it even though you're not supposed to get them for accidents at work! :arrrghhh
doorstepped
Posts: 1063
Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
Gender: Male
Location: Somewhere west of London

Let's have an accident at work thread x

Post by doorstepped »

there are no Accident's at work, they are Incident's.
and you will almost always be found part Culpable.

the first line is the line Managers take on accidents accross RM.
Yamr1
Posts: 625
Joined: 04 Feb 2018, 11:26
Gender: Female

Let's have an accident at work thread x

Post by Yamr1 »

Manger's eh
Untouchable eh
Joke and not even addressed in new agreement sad really
Yamr1
Posts: 625
Joined: 04 Feb 2018, 11:26
Gender: Female

Let's have an accident at work thread x

Post by Yamr1 »

Old skool manger's no people skills
Yamr1
Posts: 625
Joined: 04 Feb 2018, 11:26
Gender: Female

Let's have an accident at work thread x

Post by Yamr1 »

All about bonuses terrible
Mobey
Posts: 291
Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 11:54
Gender: Male

Let's have an accident at work thread x

Post by Mobey »

Image
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Let's have an accident at work thread x

Post by Postie45 »

you know how we have those "caring" chats with the managers about doing the job safely and "we`re looking out for you" ? its all BS its basically them covering their ass, so whatever goes wrong becomes YOUR fault.