ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Vote on the pension/pay

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Vote on the pension/pay

Post by eastie »

When will we hear the result ?
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Vote on the pension/pay

Post by fishtank »

Now if you want.
87% Yes on a 51% turnout.
It's just a punt but it won't be far off.
Wednesday night maybe Thursday morning for the real result.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

Vote on the pension/pay

Post by Creditshampoo »

When’s the back pay? Not that I want a yes vote, quite he opposite but handy to know none the less
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Vote on the pension/pay

Post by Seymour Buts »

Creditshampoo wrote:When’s the back pay? Not that I want a yes vote, quite he opposite but handy to know none the less
Early april, I think.
frankieboy
Posts: 303
Joined: 12 May 2008, 18:34

Vote on the pension/pay

Post by frankieboy »

fishtank wrote:Now if you want.
87% Yes on a 51% turnout.
It's just a punt but it won't be far off.
Wednesday night maybe Thursday morning for the real result.
Should be interesting to see how close or how far away your prediction is. :chuckle
NWpostie
Posts: 3620
Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
Gender: Male
Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9

Vote on the pension/pay

Post by NWpostie »

I voted NO

It would be interesting to see if the rest have seen through the pension and pay stitch up.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
Gangham_style14
Posts: 105
Joined: 15 Feb 2017, 19:12
Gender: Male

Vote on the pension/pay

Post by Gangham_style14 »

I voted No for my own reasons. But I feel it will be a yes vote. How much money is expected from the back pay ? People seem to have different numbers in our office
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Vote on the pension/pay

Post by eastie »

Voted No as well
blue1873
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 8876
Joined: 16 Feb 2010, 17:50
Gender: Male

Vote on the pension/pay

Post by blue1873 »

Voted NO.... :thumbup
JKSmudge
Posts: 395
Joined: 26 Mar 2015, 13:39
Gender: Male

Vote on the pension/pay

Post by JKSmudge »

Gangham_style14 wrote:I voted No for my own reasons. But I feel it will be a yes vote. How much money is expected from the back pay ? People seem to have different numbers in our office
It will vary for everyone depending on hours worked and extra payments ( delivery supplemements RRIS etc ) since October 1st.... but as as a rough guide;-

Assuming approx 10.57 per hour and based on a 39 hour week with NO supplements

10.57 x 39 = £412.23 basic earnings per week (old rate )

26 weeks from October 1st : 26 x £412.23 = £10717.98 ( earnings since October )

5% increase backdated on £10717.98 = £535.90

Less Tax and NI = approx £370 extra in your pay packet one week.

Of course whatever supplements are paid will increase this figure as would any extra hours worked over 39 each week plus the amount will increase for every week's delay in making the adjustment ( I doubt it will be the first week in April due to how the PAYE system works and RM have only stated that payment would be in first quarter of 18/19 - April to June ).

As a guide to the supplements issue, when the backdated payment is made, the £370 total above will increase almost exactly by the amount of weekly supplements you are entitled to (just a mathematical quirk of the Tax and NI Upper earnings limit :crazy: ) ,again this will increase slightly for each week of delayed payment

Hope that helps.

BTW I voted 'NO' !
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Vote on the pension/pay

Post by eastie »

£370 backpay compaired to the amount they are shafting us from our pension is a drop in the ocean but I expect peoples vote will be swayed by the very small carrot
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Vote on the pension/pay

Post by greengiant »

eastie wrote:£370 backpay compaired to the amount they are shafting us from our pension is a drop in the ocean but I expect peoples vote will be swayed by the very small carrot
Exactly, which is why I voted no!
tommyrep
Posts: 561
Joined: 28 Feb 2012, 21:57
Gender: Male

Vote on the pension/pay

Post by tommyrep »

eastie wrote:£370 backpay compaired to the amount they are shafting us from our pension is a drop in the ocean but I expect peoples vote will be swayed by the very small carrot
Posties in the past have always had a taste for carrots !
Suffered severe indigestion later, but they will always go for the forbidden fruit.
It will be a yes vote, there are too many with no foresight.
kookoo32
Posts: 187
Joined: 10 Oct 2008, 20:34
Gender: Male
Location: scotland

Vote on the pension/pay

Post by kookoo32 »

eastie wrote:£370 backpay compaired to the amount they are shafting us from our pension is a drop in the ocean but I expect peoples vote will be swayed by the very small carrot
Have seen this so many times in the past. Those that can only see a lump sum or quick financial incentive without looking at the bigger picture. That few hundred quid we got lump sum for the taking away of our door to door money doesn't look so good to them now.
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Vote on the pension/pay

Post by daveyeff »

are you proud of your union :Very Happy