ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Vote on the pension/pay
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Vote on the pension/pay
When will we hear the result ?
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Vote on the pension/pay
Now if you want.
87% Yes on a 51% turnout.
It's just a punt but it won't be far off.
Wednesday night maybe Thursday morning for the real result.
87% Yes on a 51% turnout.
It's just a punt but it won't be far off.
Wednesday night maybe Thursday morning for the real result.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Vote on the pension/pay
When’s the back pay? Not that I want a yes vote, quite he opposite but handy to know none the less
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Vote on the pension/pay
Early april, I think.Creditshampoo wrote:When’s the back pay? Not that I want a yes vote, quite he opposite but handy to know none the less
-
frankieboy
- Posts: 303
- Joined: 12 May 2008, 18:34
Vote on the pension/pay
Should be interesting to see how close or how far away your prediction is.fishtank wrote:Now if you want.
87% Yes on a 51% turnout.
It's just a punt but it won't be far off.
Wednesday night maybe Thursday morning for the real result.
-
NWpostie
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9
Vote on the pension/pay
I voted NO
It would be interesting to see if the rest have seen through the pension and pay stitch up.
It would be interesting to see if the rest have seen through the pension and pay stitch up.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
-
Gangham_style14
- Posts: 105
- Joined: 15 Feb 2017, 19:12
- Gender: Male
Vote on the pension/pay
I voted No for my own reasons. But I feel it will be a yes vote. How much money is expected from the back pay ? People seem to have different numbers in our office
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Vote on the pension/pay
Voted No as well
-
blue1873
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 8876
- Joined: 16 Feb 2010, 17:50
- Gender: Male
Vote on the pension/pay
Voted NO.... 
-
JKSmudge
- Posts: 395
- Joined: 26 Mar 2015, 13:39
- Gender: Male
Vote on the pension/pay
It will vary for everyone depending on hours worked and extra payments ( delivery supplemements RRIS etc ) since October 1st.... but as as a rough guide;-Gangham_style14 wrote:I voted No for my own reasons. But I feel it will be a yes vote. How much money is expected from the back pay ? People seem to have different numbers in our office
Assuming approx 10.57 per hour and based on a 39 hour week with NO supplements
10.57 x 39 = £412.23 basic earnings per week (old rate )
26 weeks from October 1st : 26 x £412.23 = £10717.98 ( earnings since October )
5% increase backdated on £10717.98 = £535.90
Less Tax and NI = approx £370 extra in your pay packet one week.
Of course whatever supplements are paid will increase this figure as would any extra hours worked over 39 each week plus the amount will increase for every week's delay in making the adjustment ( I doubt it will be the first week in April due to how the PAYE system works and RM have only stated that payment would be in first quarter of 18/19 - April to June ).
As a guide to the supplements issue, when the backdated payment is made, the £370 total above will increase almost exactly by the amount of weekly supplements you are entitled to (just a mathematical quirk of the Tax and NI Upper earnings limit
Hope that helps.
BTW I voted 'NO' !
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Vote on the pension/pay
£370 backpay compaired to the amount they are shafting us from our pension is a drop in the ocean but I expect peoples vote will be swayed by the very small carrot
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Vote on the pension/pay
Exactly, which is why I voted no!eastie wrote:£370 backpay compaired to the amount they are shafting us from our pension is a drop in the ocean but I expect peoples vote will be swayed by the very small carrot
-
tommyrep
- Posts: 561
- Joined: 28 Feb 2012, 21:57
- Gender: Male
Vote on the pension/pay
Posties in the past have always had a taste for carrots !eastie wrote:£370 backpay compaired to the amount they are shafting us from our pension is a drop in the ocean but I expect peoples vote will be swayed by the very small carrot
Suffered severe indigestion later, but they will always go for the forbidden fruit.
It will be a yes vote, there are too many with no foresight.
-
kookoo32
- Posts: 187
- Joined: 10 Oct 2008, 20:34
- Gender: Male
- Location: scotland
Vote on the pension/pay
Have seen this so many times in the past. Those that can only see a lump sum or quick financial incentive without looking at the bigger picture. That few hundred quid we got lump sum for the taking away of our door to door money doesn't look so good to them now.eastie wrote:£370 backpay compaired to the amount they are shafting us from our pension is a drop in the ocean but I expect peoples vote will be swayed by the very small carrot
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Vote on the pension/pay
are you proud of your union 