I am a PT reserve and I was wondering how often i was entitled to a Saturday off
I have gone 6 weeks next week without a Saturday off
I was told that I have to have the day off for the duty that I am covering
But I am on 4 different duties that week
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Saturday off
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Saturday off
It depends on the agreed duty pattern in your office but the worst case scenario should be the equivalent of 1 in 6 saturdays off, that doesn't necessarily mean a saturday off every 6 weeks though. It might mean 2 in a row and then nothing for 10-11 weeks. Unfortunately that's the life of a reserve.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
korky
- Posts: 797
- Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28
Saturday off
you can almost guarantee that most reserves who are down for covering upcoming duties that have next sat/mon off on that system will get friday off instead of saturday but the monday won't get changedfishtank wrote:It depends on the agreed duty pattern in your office but the worst case scenario should be the equivalent of 1 in 6 saturdays off, that doesn't necessarily mean a saturday off every 6 weeks though. It might mean 2 in a row and then nothing for 10-11 weeks. Unfortunately that's the life of a reserve.
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Saturday off
Speak to your rep about it
-
loverman shabba
- Posts: 238
- Joined: 11 Jul 2013, 15:15
- Gender: Male
Saturday off
just blob if they don't give you any Saturdays off