ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

SHOES

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
transporter03
Posts: 34
Joined: 03 Oct 2017, 18:24
Gender: Male

SHOES

Post by transporter03 »

First of all apologies because I know this subject will have been covered many times before.
After seeing my doctor today I'm now looking to purchase some shoes due to severe soreness on the ball of each foot.
So I would appreciate some advice on which brand/shoes are the best to go for. I've had a quick look online at several different ones and to be honest its a bit of a minefield !. Any advice would be great . Many thanks.
high1ander
Posts: 23
Joined: 04 May 2015, 15:44
Gender: Male

SHOES

Post by high1ander »

hi I had the same problem as you the balls of my feet used to get so painful I could hardly walk at the end of my duty
the royal mail magnum are ok but they take a while to break in in my opinion...after reading a lot of reviews I went for hi-tec eurotrek 111
everybody is different though but these didn't seem to take a age to break in...also went to the chiropodist and got the hard skin cut away from my feet
I don't know if you have already done this but it made a huge difference to me...there are a lot of walking shoes out there I know what you mean its daunting reading all the reviews...some more experienced posties than me will probably be able to advise you better but the hi-tec worked for me.
transporter03
Posts: 34
Joined: 03 Oct 2017, 18:24
Gender: Male

SHOES

Post by transporter03 »

Hello high1ander , Thank you for the info. I haven't been to see a chiropodist at this point in time but it would probably be beneficial to do so.
I'll wait to see what comments come from others before deciding where to go from here. Thanks again for your reply.
Glp28357
Posts: 85
Joined: 16 May 2017, 22:27
Gender: Male

SHOES

Post by Glp28357 »

Get some good insoles for whatever shoes you decide on. I tried a few but found the best ones were from Matalan and they were only £2 a pair!
glenfiddich
Posts: 1012
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15

SHOES

Post by glenfiddich »

I'd also buy some decent socks i like thick sports socks but that could just be that I'm a small 8 so have a little room to spare
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

SHOES

Post by Creditshampoo »

KArrmior on amazon. Won’t find anything better.
Mr Incognito
Posts: 64
Joined: 02 Jul 2013, 21:02
Gender: Male

SHOES

Post by Mr Incognito »

I use a US brand by the name of Altra. They have wide toe boxes and are zero drop (the heel is the same height as the forefoot). Due to the lack of raised heel you do need to use them sparingly at first in order to give your Achilles tendon time to adapt. The flat sole means that your feet are able to move in the the way that they would if you were in bare feet. This removes a lot of pressure off the balls of your feet that you would have with traditional heeled shoes. You can get them in the UK, however they are not cheap.
cobrakai
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 320
Joined: 13 Dec 2007, 17:17

SHOES

Post by cobrakai »

I got inner soles from the running shop. Sorbothane was amazing difference they made to rm shoes.
kevbo
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 134
Joined: 07 May 2010, 16:33
Gender: Male

SHOES

Post by kevbo »

I would ask to be referred to a physio by your doctor. Everyone has different problems with feet and different walking gait. They will be able to tell you what type of shoe you need. Generally I find as light as possible with extra cushioning helps.
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

SHOES

Post by maisymoo04 »

ADIDAS GAZZELE IN BLUE :Very Happy
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
Warriorpostie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 118
Joined: 23 Jan 2018, 17:01
Gender: Male

SHOES

Post by Warriorpostie »

I went for the north face hedgehog gore-tex shoes. On my second pair now. If you wear trainers in wet weather your feet will be soaked. These shoes are the only thing keep my feet dry & comfortable. They are on the pricey side but you get what you pay for IMO.
twoloops
Posts: 2036
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

SHOES

Post by twoloops »

I've been using these 2 pair for less than 12 quid, had no problems since https://www.amazon.co.uk/PRO-11-WELLBEI ... B00Z099HQO