ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
P.O Seniority carry over?
-
Cmcf96
- Posts: 14
- Joined: 27 Jul 2017, 02:04
- Gender: Male
P.O Seniority carry over?
Hello I was just wondering if someone has worked in a Post Office Counter before joining Royal Mail does their seniority carry over?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
P.O Seniority carry over?
As far as I can tell your seniority only applies in a tie-break situation according to the rules. Hopefully someone will prove me wrong because I think it should count.
http://www.cwu-e4.co.uk/files/wf-seniority.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.cwu-e4.co.uk/files/wf-seniority.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Cmcf96
- Posts: 14
- Joined: 27 Jul 2017, 02:04
- Gender: Male
P.O Seniority carry over?
Would be interesting to know, anyone..?!
-
broughts
- Posts: 334
- Joined: 24 Nov 2011, 19:09
- Gender: Male
P.O Seniority carry over?
Yes it does collegue in our office used to work on counters then transferred over to dely kept all his previous service
-
Wynnie
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 29 Aug 2011, 07:52
- Gender: Female
P.O Seniority carry over?
When was this? I asked for a transfer 13 years ago, my manager enquired and was told it couldn't be done. I was leaving no matter what so ended up doing something else for 18 months and then got a job in delivery, my 4/5 years as a clerk doesn't count.broughts wrote:Yes it does collegue in our office used to work on counters then transferred over to dely kept all his previous service
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
P.O Seniority carry over?
As you are not transferring to a similar grade then service at Post Office is not countable towards seniority.
The exception would be where people starting on the same grade applied for a duty then in addition to the other criteria required for the most senior person then time at Post Office would be brought into play.
Section 13.6 Way Forward Agreement for reference.
The exception would be where people starting on the same grade applied for a duty then in addition to the other criteria required for the most senior person then time at Post Office would be brought into play.
Section 13.6 Way Forward Agreement for reference.