ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

back pay.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
martygee
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 24
Joined: 15 Jul 2010, 22:31
Gender: Male

back pay.

Post by martygee »

JUST A QUICK QUESTION. FINISHED ON ILL HEALTH A WEEK AGO, IF THE NEW PAY DEAL GETS ACCEPTED, WILL I RECEIVE AND BACKDATED PAY AS I WAS STILL EMPLOYED BY RM FOR THAT PERIOD?
paulsmd
Posts: 88
Joined: 12 Oct 2008, 09:04
Gender: Male

back pay.

Post by paulsmd »

martygee wrote:JUST A QUICK QUESTION. FINISHED ON ILL HEALTH A WEEK AGO, IF THE NEW PAY DEAL GETS ACCEPTED, WILL I RECEIVE AND BACKDATED PAY AS I WAS STILL EMPLOYED BY RM FOR THAT PERIOD?
Can`t see why not.
BeamishStout
Posts: 387
Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 14:42
Gender: Male

back pay.

Post by BeamishStout »

martygee wrote:JUST A QUICK QUESTION. FINISHED ON ILL HEALTH A WEEK AGO, IF THE NEW PAY DEAL GETS ACCEPTED, WILL I RECEIVE AND BACKDATED PAY AS I WAS STILL EMPLOYED BY RM FOR THAT PERIOD?
I hope I'm wrong but I doubt it :sad: . I am in a similar position you only I'm retiring in April. Unless I am still working for RM and still on the payroll, I doubt I shall see any backdated pay as I will be no longer employed by RM!

Hope you start feeling better soon :thumbup
Trolleyed
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 56
Joined: 16 Dec 2014, 18:06
Gender: Male

back pay.

Post by Trolleyed »

I don’t think you will get it. I’m leaving at the end of the month and a rep said I should wait a couple of weeks. Also said he’s told a couple of people who are retiring to hold off until after it’s paid. I made the point about them owing me it as I’d already worked it and he just kinda looked at me like I was talking a different language. For the amount I’ll get (part time, 27 hours) I’d rather let them keep it as I just wanna get out the door!
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

back pay.

Post by number one »

You have to be “in post” when the backdated payrise is issued.
Andy_07
Posts: 60
Joined: 07 Feb 2011, 22:03
Gender: Male

back pay.

Post by Andy_07 »

When do we find out about the pay deal ?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

back pay.

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Andy_07 wrote:When do we find out about the pay deal ?
We already have.

If you mean the vote. When the ballot closes.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
petsco
Posts: 11
Joined: 05 Sep 2015, 21:06
Gender: Male

back pay.

Post by petsco »

Doubt it, you’ve already agreed your pay off at your current level
ninja
Posts: 193
Joined: 08 Sep 2010, 20:16
Gender: Male

back pay.

Post by ninja »

Your entitled to the pay because you were employed at the time.
In order to get the arrears you would have to contact hr.
They will not automatically pay ex employees and use the excuse your bank details may have changed.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

back pay.

Post by fishtank »

number one wrote:You have to be “in post” when the backdated payrise is issued.
That only applies to lump sum payments not belated pay rises.
If you left any time after October 1st 2017 you will be entitled to some back pay, the amount will depend on how long after and how much overtime you did in that period.

As ninja pointed out you will have to hassle HR for it though.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
Nickvilla20
Posts: 788
Joined: 13 May 2013, 07:30
Gender: Male

back pay.

Post by Nickvilla20 »

A guy I work with was going to retire this week but he’s holding off until after the ballot now.

He called HR and the coming nobody seem to give him an answer either way.
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

back pay.

Post by number one »

fishtank wrote:
number one wrote:You have to be “in post” when the backdated payrise is issued.
That only applies to lump sum payments not belated pay rises.
If you left any time after October 1st 2017 you will be entitled to some back pay, the amount will depend on how long after and how much overtime you did in that period.

As ninja pointed out you will have to hassle HR for it though.

In that case somebody needs to tell Terry Pullinger this as the question was asked and answered by him at a recent area meeting.
BeamishStout
Posts: 387
Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 14:42
Gender: Male

back pay.

Post by BeamishStout »

number one wrote: In that case somebody needs to tell Terry Pullinger this as the question was asked and answered by him at a recent area meeting.
So what was TP's answer to the OP's question?
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

back pay.

Post by fishtank »

As the pay rise relates to a specific period of time in which you were employed withholding it would amount to an unlawful deduction of wages recoverable by an employment tribunal.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

back pay.

Post by number one »

BeamishStout wrote:
number one wrote: In that case somebody needs to tell Terry Pullinger this as the question was asked and answered by him at a recent area meeting.
So what was TP's answer to the OP's question?


Yes