Asking for a colleague, how long do we need to be working for to get sick pay?
Also what are the stage one triggers for new starters? I don't know if it's the same for experienced staff.
Thank you in advance
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Sick pay and new starters
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Sick pay and new starters
I think its until they say you can stay on before you get paid sick pay. But the standard rules apply to you as well so if you go sick a lot you probably won't be kept on.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Sick pay and new starters
One year before you get paid for sick leave unless it's changed in recent years.
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
Glp28357
- Posts: 85
- Joined: 16 May 2017, 22:27
- Gender: Male
Sick pay and new starters
No, it's still one year. It should be in your contract.Judgee wrote:One year before you get paid for sick leave unless it's changed in recent years.
-
lala
- Posts: 189
- Joined: 19 Oct 2012, 19:57
- Gender: Male
Sick pay and new starters
Thanks for the replies.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Sick pay and new starters
1 yearlala wrote:Asking for a colleague, how long do we need to be working for to get sick pay?
Stage 1: 2 absences or 7 days in a 6 month periodlala wrote:Also what are the stage one triggers for new starters?
Stage 2: 1 absence in the next 2 months
Stage 3: 1 absence in the next 2 months
No triallist should have his/her appointment confirmed whilst under this procedure.
No its harsher for trialistslala wrote:I don't know if it's the same for experienced staff.
lala wrote:Thank you in advance
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.