ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

If I haven't been paid for overtime

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
jd9442
Posts: 218
Joined: 22 Apr 2017, 20:57
Gender: Male

If I haven't been paid for overtime

Post by jd9442 »

Can I refuse to go to work(as can’t afford petrol) until they put it in my bank?
rehabron
Posts: 1372
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
Gender: Male

If I haven’t been paid for overtime

Post by rehabron »

jd9442 wrote:Can I refuse to go to work(as can’t afford petrol) until they put it in my bank?
There are otherways to recover your owed O/T than the extreme measures you are indicating which will only make your situation worse and eventually leave you with no income at all as you will have been dismissed.
Contact HR Services on the number that appears on your wage slip and explain your situation that your O/T has not been paid and they can in relation to the emergency send you a cheque for the outstanding amount.
Wornoutpostie
Posts: 100
Joined: 10 Dec 2016, 17:36
Gender: Male

If I haven’t been paid for overtime

Post by Wornoutpostie »

Stage 1 grievance
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

If I haven’t been paid for overtime

Post by arnold cheshire »

rehabron wrote:
jd9442 wrote:Can I refuse to go to work(as can’t afford petrol) until they put it in my bank?
There are otherways to recover your owed O/T than the extreme measures you are indicating which will only make your situation worse and eventually leave you with no income at all as you will have been dismissed.
Contact HR Services on the number that appears on your wage slip and explain your situation that your O/T has not been paid and they can in relation to the emergency send you a cheque for the outstanding amount.
Although I agree with the petrol comment that's why you do overtime but I think there is zero chance of hr sending out a giro
midegarelu
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 414
Joined: 12 Sep 2009, 07:09
Gender: Male
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

If I haven’t been paid for overtime

Post by midegarelu »

It's been said before but the answer is obvious.

IF EVERYONE WORKED THEIR HOURS, TOOK THEIR BREAKS, WITHIN 1 WEEK THE COMPANY WOULD BE ON IT''S KNEES.

I realise that for a lot people this would cause hardship, however when they don't pay overtime this in turn causes continuing hardship.


:arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh
"We employ you so we can sack you"
Kings Norton
Posts: 320
Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
Gender: Male

If I haven’t been paid for overtime

Post by Kings Norton »

Grow up FFS It will be in the week after, if you can't afford petrol get a bike or walk you are just been petty about someones mistake. happens to me nearly every week when I inform the DOM its paid the week after. what's the problem?
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

If I haven’t been paid for overtime

Post by aiden01 »

Kings Norton wrote:Grow up FFS it will be in the week after, if you can't afford petrol get a bike or walk you are just been petty about someones mistake. happens to me nearly every week when I inform the DOM its paid the week after. what's the problem?
Think his problem is he expects to be paid on time like we all do. why should he grow up most people do ot to pay bills tat are due the week after doing ot so why should he have to wait another week. maybe he lives week to week on a very strict budget.
Kings Norton
Posts: 320
Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
Gender: Male

If I haven’t been paid for overtime

Post by Kings Norton »

aiden01 wrote:
Kings Norton wrote:Grow up FFS it will be in the week after, if you can't afford petrol get a bike or walk you are just been petty about someones mistake. happens to me nearly every week when I inform the DOM its paid the week after. what's the problem?
Think his problem is he expects to be paid on time like we all do. why should he grow up most people do ot to pay bills tat are due the week after doing ot so why should he have to wait another week. maybe he lives week to week on a very strict budget.
Its been done on error by the phg or DOM hardly the end of the world. He is like a child demanding his overtime, do you really think Pond St will go out of their way for a clown and put it in nex day?
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

If I haven’t been paid for overtime

Post by aiden01 »

Kings Norton wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
Kings Norton wrote:Grow up FFS it will be in the week after, if you can't afford petrol get a bike or walk you are just been petty about someones mistake. happens to me nearly every week when I inform the DOM its paid the week after. what's the problem?
Think his problem is he expects to be paid on time like we all do. why should he grow up most people do ot to pay bills tat are due the week after doing ot so why should he have to wait another week. maybe he lives week to week on a very strict budget.
Its been done on error by the phg or DOM hardly the end of the world. He is like a child demanding his overtime, do you really think Pond St will go out of their way for a clown and put it in nex day?
Phg doesnt exist anymore. so answer the question you were asked.
BELIAL
Posts: 6758
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
Gender: Female
Location: Nowhere

If I haven’t been paid for overtime

Post by BELIAL »

Error :Very Happy There's an awful lot of errors going on on a regular basis.
Bye
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

If I haven’t been paid for overtime

Post by aiden01 »

Kings Norton wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
Kings Norton wrote:Grow up FFS it will be in the week after, if you can't afford petrol get a bike or walk you are just been petty about someones mistake. happens to me nearly every week when I inform the DOM its paid the week after. what's the problem?
Think his problem is he expects to be paid on time like we all do. why should he grow up most people do ot to pay bills tat are due the week after doing ot so why should he have to wait another week. maybe he lives week to week on a very strict budget.
Its been done on error by the phg or DOM hardly the end of the world. He is like a child demanding his overtime, do you really think Pond St will go out of their way for a clown and put it in nex day?
Why are you calling him a clown for asking what he is due. :crazy:
Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

If I haven’t been paid for overtime

Post by Jpro747 »

Kings Norton wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
Kings Norton wrote:Grow up FFS it will be in the week after, if you can't afford petrol get a bike or walk you are just been petty about someones mistake. happens to me nearly every week when I inform the DOM its paid the week after. what's the problem?
Think his problem is he expects to be paid on time like we all do. why should he grow up most people do ot to pay bills tat are due the week after doing ot so why should he have to wait another week. maybe he lives week to week on a very strict budget.
Its been done on error by the phg or DOM hardly the end of the world. He is like a child demanding his overtime, do you really think Pond St will go out of their way for a clown and put it in nex day?
Or more likely, it’s being done on purpose by a DOM desperate to save money so they achieve their bonus target... :hmmmm
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

If I haven’t been paid for overtime

Post by aiden01 »

BELIAL wrote:Error :Very Happy There's an awful lot of errors going on on a regular basis.
Whats the error..
BELIAL
Posts: 6758
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
Gender: Female
Location: Nowhere

If I haven’t been paid for overtime

Post by BELIAL »

aiden01 wrote:
BELIAL wrote:Error :Very Happy There's an awful lot of errors going on on a regular basis.
Whats the error..
Forgetting to pay OT , it happens a lot
Bye
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

If I haven’t been paid for overtime

Post by Lincox »

It can be forgetfulness and a human mistake if it happens once. When it happens on a regular basis it is negligence/dereliction of duty and should be dealt with under the conduct disciplinary procedures.