ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

I've got your back.....not really!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
DRM
Posts: 50
Joined: 17 Nov 2017, 21:42
Gender: Female

I've got your back.....not really!

Post by DRM »

So yesterday there was an incident whilst I was out delivering. This incident could have ended with me being seriously injured. It was something that shouldn't of happened. I won't go in to details as others were involved.
I spoke / shouted at the DOM of what had happened only to be told I was to blame. I wasn't. And that's not me being arsey about it. If I'm at fault for things I hold my hands up. There was a catalogue of errors by others / the system that shouldn't of allowed this to happen.
But I'm so angry about it. If I had got seriously injured I know exactly which side of the fence the DOM and RM would have been, and it wouldn't have been on my side.
True colours showing through.
These arseh*les really don't care, as long as their targets are met!
Sorry had to vent.
rehabron
Posts: 1372
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
Gender: Male

I've got your back.....not really!

Post by rehabron »

DRM wrote:So yesterday there was an incident whilst I was out delivering. This incident could have ended with me being seriously injured. It was something that shouldn't of happened. I won't go in to details as others were involved.
I spoke / shouted at the DOM of what had happened only to be told I was to blame. I wasn't. And that's not me being arsey about it. If I'm at fault for things I hold my hands up. There was a catalogue of errors by others / the system that shouldn't of allowed this to happen.
But I'm so angry about it. If I had got seriously injured I know exactly which side of the fence the DOM and RM would have been, and it wouldn't have been on my side.
True colours showing through.
These arseh*les really don't care, as long as their targets are met!
Sorry had to vent.
If you have used this site to get it off your chest you've done it and bet you feel a lot better for it.
If you are looking for advice/info. you will have to be a bit more specific.
Interested-seeker
Posts: 442
Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
Gender: Female

I've got your back.....not really!

Post by Interested-seeker »

Doesn't surprise me. Glad you are okay and not hurt.
gunho
Posts: 59
Joined: 08 Jan 2010, 20:15
Gender: Male

I've got your back.....not really!

Post by gunho »

For the life of me I haven't a clue what your going on about
DRM
Posts: 50
Joined: 17 Nov 2017, 21:42
Gender: Female

I've got your back.....not really!

Post by DRM »

rehabron wrote:
DRM wrote:So yesterday there was an incident whilst I was out delivering. This incident could have ended with me being seriously injured. It was something that shouldn't of happened. I won't go in to details as others were involved.
I spoke / shouted at the DOM of what had happened only to be told I was to blame. I wasn't. And that's not me being arsey about it. If I'm at fault for things I hold my hands up. There was a catalogue of errors by others / the system that shouldn't of allowed this to happen.
But I'm so angry about it. If I had got seriously injured I know exactly which side of the fence the DOM and RM would have been, and it wouldn't have been on my side.
True colours showing through.
These arseh*les really don't care, as long as their targets are met!
Sorry had to vent.
If you have used this site to get it off your chest you've done it and bet you feel a lot better for it.
If you are looking for advice/info. you will have to be a bit more specific.
Probably more of a vent.
But the incident involved a dangerous dog, known to our DOM and others in the office. Needless to say that was the situation I was put in.
DRM
Posts: 50
Joined: 17 Nov 2017, 21:42
Gender: Female

I've got your back.....not really!

Post by DRM »

Interested-seeker wrote:Doesn't surprise me. Glad you are okay and not hurt.
Thank you. Thankfully ok just angry that I was put in a situation.
rehabron
Posts: 1372
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
Gender: Male

I've got your back.....not really!

Post by rehabron »

DRM wrote:
rehabron wrote:
DRM wrote:So yesterday there was an incident whilst I was out delivering. This incident could have ended with me being seriously injured. It was something that shouldn't of happened. I won't go in to details as others were involved.
I spoke / shouted at the DOM of what had happened only to be told I was to blame. I wasn't. And that's not me being arsey about it. If I'm at fault for things I hold my hands up. There was a catalogue of errors by others / the system that shouldn't of allowed this to happen.
But I'm so angry about it. If I had got seriously injured I know exactly which side of the fence the DOM and RM would have been, and it wouldn't have been on my side.
True colours showing through.
These arseh*les really don't care, as long as their targets are met!
Sorry had to vent.
If you have used this site to get it off your chest you've done it and bet you feel a lot better for it.
If you are looking for advice/info. you will have to be a bit more specific.
Probably more of a vent.
But the incident involved a dangerous dog, known to our DOM and others in the office. Needless to say that was the situation I was put in.
If you were put into a situation where the occupants of a house on your route was known to have a dangerous dog and this was common knowledge to your work colleagues who have done this route previously and failed to flag it up and your DOM for placing you in a dangerous situation then I would advise a grievance to be taken to the next management authority level and also involve your H&S representative and ensure you request written answers and what future actions are to be taken.
DRM
Posts: 50
Joined: 17 Nov 2017, 21:42
Gender: Female

I've got your back.....not really!

Post by DRM »

rehabron wrote:
DRM wrote:
rehabron wrote:
DRM wrote:So yesterday there was an incident whilst I was out delivering. This incident could have ended with me being seriously injured. It was something that shouldn't of happened. I won't go in to details as others were involved.
I spoke / shouted at the DOM of what had happened only to be told I was to blame. I wasn't. And that's not me being arsey about it. If I'm at fault for things I hold my hands up. There was a catalogue of errors by others / the system that shouldn't of allowed this to happen.
But I'm so angry about it. If I had got seriously injured I know exactly which side of the fence the DOM and RM would have been, and it wouldn't have been on my side.
True colours showing through.
These arseh*les really don't care, as long as their targets are met!
Sorry had to vent.
If you have used this site to get it off your chest you've done it and bet you feel a lot better for it.
If you are looking for advice/info. you will have to be a bit more specific.
Probably more of a vent.
But the incident involved a dangerous dog, known to our DOM and others in the office. Needless to say that was the situation I was put in.
If you were put into a situation where the occupants of a house on your route was known to have a dangerous dog and this was common knowledge to your work colleagues who have done this route previously and failed to flag it up and your DOM for placing you in a dangerous situation then I would advise a grievance to be taken to the next management authority level and also involve your H&S representative and ensure you request written answers and what future actions are to be taken.
Thank you for the advice. I will be taking it further as clearly something failed. Does every office have a h&s representative?
rehabron
Posts: 1372
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
Gender: Male

I've got your back.....not really!

Post by rehabron »

Your office will have a H&S representative.
You can also bring this to the attention of David Joyce who is the National Health and Safety Officer. E-mail DJoyce@cwu.org
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

I've got your back.....not really!

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

If the Manager is aware of a Dangerous Dog and took no action he has failed in his duty of care and could be in a world of hurt. HSE would also be interested if the tories hadn't cut their budgets.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

I've got your back.....not really!

Post by Lounge Lizard »

DRM wrote:
rehabron wrote:
DRM wrote:
rehabron wrote:
DRM wrote:So yesterday there was an incident whilst I was out delivering. This incident could have ended with me being seriously injured. It was something that shouldn't of happened. I won't go in to details as others were involved.
I spoke / shouted at the DOM of what had happened only to be told I was to blame. I wasn't. And that's not me being arsey about it. If I'm at fault for things I hold my hands up. There was a catalogue of errors by others / the system that shouldn't of allowed this to happen.
But I'm so angry about it. If I had got seriously injured I know exactly which side of the fence the DOM and RM would have been, and it wouldn't have been on my side.
True colours showing through.
These arseh*les really don't care, as long as their targets are met!
Sorry had to vent.
If you have used this site to get it off your chest you've done it and bet you feel a lot better for it.
If you are looking for advice/info. you will have to be a bit more specific.
Probably more of a vent.
But the incident involved a dangerous dog, known to our DOM and others in the office. Needless to say that was the situation I was put in.
If you were put into a situation where the occupants of a house on your route was known to have a dangerous dog and this was common knowledge to your work colleagues who have done this route previously and failed to flag it up and your DOM for placing you in a dangerous situation then I would advise a grievance to be taken to the next management authority level and also involve your H&S representative and ensure you request written answers and what future actions are to be taken.
Thank you for the advice. I will be taking it further as clearly something failed. Does every office have a h&s representative?
But you are not doing yourself any favours by shouting and calling people "arseholes". :no no :no no