ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Feel like giving up :-(((

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
MissKazzyB
Posts: 80
Joined: 22 Mar 2017, 21:50
Gender: Female

Feel like giving up :-(((

Post by MissKazzyB »

Exactly as the title states......

I FEEL LIKE GIVING UP :-(((((

So I’m on a different walk again with quite afew flats.
It was all bundled up for when I got in so I just had to put it in trolley & head out before saying to the Dom that I couldn’t do 2 of the specials by 1 so already feeling s**t. Then I told the Lino that I’m working to my time as have commitments & if i don’t finish then I’ll be bringing it back. Again feeling s**t.

I’m sitting here on my break as I’ve started to take them now as I’m entitled to it.

I’m aching all over. My ankles are playing up :-((((
There’s 4 lots of d2d in afew roads, if I ain’t got enough already. Some flats I couldn’t get in as no access but also wasting my time buzzing on all the doors to try & get in. I’m going to finish my break in a minute & continue but I definitely won’t complete so then I’ll have to take it back & get asked all the questions of why why why why

I think I’ve had enough. My body aches, my hands hurt. I’m always physically tired & quite frankly had enough. :-(((( I feel like I’m aging quicker in this job & starting to look old & haggard :-((((
Just sharing my thoughts with you guys. Hope your having a better day than me :-)))

Now I’ve gotta get up off this cold floor & try & motivate myself to continue lol
Last edited by MissKazzyB on 14 Mar 2018, 15:02, edited 2 times in total.
yubin282
Posts: 993
Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
Gender: Male

Feel like giving up :-(((

Post by yubin282 »

WELCOME TO ROYAL MAIL
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

Feel like giving up :-(((

Post by Brandy »

You sound so pissed off,I stood it for 19 years before I pissed off!!!!!!!!!!
DRM
Posts: 50
Joined: 17 Nov 2017, 21:42
Gender: Female

Feel like giving up :-(((

Post by DRM »

I hear you. I started about 6 months ago. I'm physically fit but see all the older RM workers suffering with injuries. I don't want to end up like this. So starting to look at other employment. Plus I can't be doing with the bully tactics of managers. Frankly I find it disgusting.
I actually took a 5 minute break for the first time today. It kind of helped but like you I had to get my arse up and carry on for another few hours!
Hope your day for better!
mickeymacca
Posts: 503
Joined: 21 Jun 2012, 18:03
Gender: Male

Feel like giving up :-(((

Post by mickeymacca »

I always find I'm more f'cked if I forget to take a drink with me, make sure you keep hydrated.

Today was particularly heavy, but that said it's not your problem to manage an unrealistic workload, just work your contract hours if that's all you want.

stick with it, summer's on its way :cool :cool :cool
'Libraries gave us power'
GT85
Posts: 365
Joined: 26 Nov 2013, 20:02
Gender: Male
Location: ASDO

Feel like giving up :-(((

Post by GT85 »

Try and stick with it kid, you're not alone, most of our office are ready to quit even the 30 year plus men saying they have never known it be so bad. Daily b & h to take out an unachievable workload plus absorption and when you cut off they threaten you with a fact finding interview about performance issues.

Complete incompetent management causing most of the problems, we have some walks that have not cleared the snow backlog from 2 weeks ago, previously a manager would go out and deliver a bit of it to help out but now they just sit indoors all day :cuppa before going home early, they just don't seem to care.

Thing is as we all know this can be the best job ever :cool but occasionaly it can also be the worst :evil/mad .

Sadly we seem to be on a long run of bad days at our place, the whole atmosphere in the office is horrible.

Any way chin up and.......



:dance
We're all here because we're not all there
crimson king
Posts: 783
Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
Gender: Male

Feel like giving up :-(((

Post by crimson king »

mickeymacca wrote:I always find I'm more f'cked if I forget to take a drink with me, make sure you keep hydrated.

Today was particularly heavy, but that said it's not your problem to manage an unrealistic workload, just work your contract hours if that's all you want.

stick with it, summer's on its way :cool :cool :cool
I always take a drink with me, but daren't touch it until halfway round at twelve when the only pub and pee stop on my duty opens.

On top of everything else we endure, I really dislike those days when twelve o clock can't come quick enough and I'm busting for a wee!

I hope things get better for you, MissKazzy...seems like there's quite a few of us going through a tough patch at the moment.
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

Feel like giving up :-(((

Post by wacko74 »

For 15 years I've felt exactly the same at this time of year after the hard winter slog... and vowed to quit, then the spring and summer comes with the more pleasant weather and slightly lighter and more tolerable workload and I end up procrastinating and getting suckered into another autumn/winter slog!
ArthurPewty
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 189
Joined: 21 Dec 2016, 17:15
Gender: Male

Feel like giving up :-(((

Post by ArthurPewty »

wacko74 wrote:For 15 years I've felt exactly the same at this time of year after the hard winter slog... and vowed to quit, then the spring and summer comes with the more pleasant weather and slightly lighter and more tolerable workload and I end up procrastinating and getting suckered into another autumn/winter slog!
Do what I've done & book a massive long holiday for just after the time you've decided to quit. That way it will cost so much to cancel the holiday that you'll have to quit as intended :Very Happy, and you've got the holiday to look forward to through the last few months too :nana
Interested-seeker
Posts: 442
Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
Gender: Female

Feel like giving up :-(((

Post by Interested-seeker »

Keep standing your ground, it will get better eventually. Use your rep if you need too.
Dazsw
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 28
Joined: 17 Feb 2013, 17:36
Gender: Male

Feel like giving up :-(((

Post by Dazsw »

I just resigned from RM today after 6 years of this, I'm super happy!

I highly recommend it leaving.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Feel like giving up :-(((

Post by k979aaa »

Sometimes leaving is good if you can get the terms you want and most cannot what most do is go sick get your doctor on side before hand and good luck!
Williamleeds
Posts: 12
Joined: 26 Mar 2015, 22:16
Gender: Male

Feel like giving up :-(((

Post by Williamleeds »

Today was brutal coerced into working over my time -expected to show an agency worker around somebody else’s duty (reserve)poor resourcing lately,problematic for part time cover workers.Keep going & docket or cut off.
BELIAL
Posts: 6758
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
Gender: Female
Location: Nowhere

Feel like giving up :-(((

Post by BELIAL »

Interested-seeker wrote:Keep standing your ground, it will get better eventually. Use your rep if you need too.
IT won't get better ,it will get more lapsing
Bye
crimson king
Posts: 783
Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
Gender: Male

Feel like giving up :-(((

Post by crimson king »

Dazsw wrote:I just resigned from RM today after 6 years of this, I'm super happy!

I highly recommend it leaving.
Glad you're happy, hope you're sorted with a less stressful job, buddy.
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.