ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Feel like giving up :-(((
-
MissKazzyB
- Posts: 80
- Joined: 22 Mar 2017, 21:50
- Gender: Female
Feel like giving up :-(((
Exactly as the title states......
I FEEL LIKE GIVING UP :-(((((
So I’m on a different walk again with quite afew flats.
It was all bundled up for when I got in so I just had to put it in trolley & head out before saying to the Dom that I couldn’t do 2 of the specials by 1 so already feeling s**t. Then I told the Lino that I’m working to my time as have commitments & if i don’t finish then I’ll be bringing it back. Again feeling s**t.
I’m sitting here on my break as I’ve started to take them now as I’m entitled to it.
I’m aching all over. My ankles are playing up :-((((
There’s 4 lots of d2d in afew roads, if I ain’t got enough already. Some flats I couldn’t get in as no access but also wasting my time buzzing on all the doors to try & get in. I’m going to finish my break in a minute & continue but I definitely won’t complete so then I’ll have to take it back & get asked all the questions of why why why why
I think I’ve had enough. My body aches, my hands hurt. I’m always physically tired & quite frankly had enough. :-(((( I feel like I’m aging quicker in this job & starting to look old & haggard :-((((
Just sharing my thoughts with you guys. Hope your having a better day than me :-)))
Now I’ve gotta get up off this cold floor & try & motivate myself to continue lol
I FEEL LIKE GIVING UP :-(((((
So I’m on a different walk again with quite afew flats.
It was all bundled up for when I got in so I just had to put it in trolley & head out before saying to the Dom that I couldn’t do 2 of the specials by 1 so already feeling s**t. Then I told the Lino that I’m working to my time as have commitments & if i don’t finish then I’ll be bringing it back. Again feeling s**t.
I’m sitting here on my break as I’ve started to take them now as I’m entitled to it.
I’m aching all over. My ankles are playing up :-((((
There’s 4 lots of d2d in afew roads, if I ain’t got enough already. Some flats I couldn’t get in as no access but also wasting my time buzzing on all the doors to try & get in. I’m going to finish my break in a minute & continue but I definitely won’t complete so then I’ll have to take it back & get asked all the questions of why why why why
I think I’ve had enough. My body aches, my hands hurt. I’m always physically tired & quite frankly had enough. :-(((( I feel like I’m aging quicker in this job & starting to look old & haggard :-((((
Just sharing my thoughts with you guys. Hope your having a better day than me :-)))
Now I’ve gotta get up off this cold floor & try & motivate myself to continue lol
Last edited by MissKazzyB on 14 Mar 2018, 15:02, edited 2 times in total.
-
yubin282
- Posts: 993
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
- Gender: Male
Feel like giving up :-(((
WELCOME TO ROYAL MAIL
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Feel like giving up :-(((
You sound so pissed off,I stood it for 19 years before I pissed off!!!!!!!!!!
-
DRM
- Posts: 50
- Joined: 17 Nov 2017, 21:42
- Gender: Female
Feel like giving up :-(((
I hear you. I started about 6 months ago. I'm physically fit but see all the older RM workers suffering with injuries. I don't want to end up like this. So starting to look at other employment. Plus I can't be doing with the bully tactics of managers. Frankly I find it disgusting.
I actually took a 5 minute break for the first time today. It kind of helped but like you I had to get my arse up and carry on for another few hours!
Hope your day for better!
I actually took a 5 minute break for the first time today. It kind of helped but like you I had to get my arse up and carry on for another few hours!
Hope your day for better!
-
mickeymacca
- Posts: 503
- Joined: 21 Jun 2012, 18:03
- Gender: Male
Feel like giving up :-(((
I always find I'm more f'cked if I forget to take a drink with me, make sure you keep hydrated.
Today was particularly heavy, but that said it's not your problem to manage an unrealistic workload, just work your contract hours if that's all you want.
stick with it, summer's on its way

Today was particularly heavy, but that said it's not your problem to manage an unrealistic workload, just work your contract hours if that's all you want.
stick with it, summer's on its way
'Libraries gave us power'
-
GT85
- Posts: 365
- Joined: 26 Nov 2013, 20:02
- Gender: Male
- Location: ASDO
Feel like giving up :-(((
Try and stick with it kid, you're not alone, most of our office are ready to quit even the 30 year plus men saying they have never known it be so bad. Daily b & h to take out an unachievable workload plus absorption and when you cut off they threaten you with a fact finding interview about performance issues.
Complete incompetent management causing most of the problems, we have some walks that have not cleared the snow backlog from 2 weeks ago, previously a manager would go out and deliver a bit of it to help out but now they just sit indoors all day
before going home early, they just don't seem to care.
Thing is as we all know this can be the best job ever
but occasionaly it can also be the worst
.
Sadly we seem to be on a long run of bad days at our place, the whole atmosphere in the office is horrible.
Any way chin up and.......

Complete incompetent management causing most of the problems, we have some walks that have not cleared the snow backlog from 2 weeks ago, previously a manager would go out and deliver a bit of it to help out but now they just sit indoors all day
Thing is as we all know this can be the best job ever
Sadly we seem to be on a long run of bad days at our place, the whole atmosphere in the office is horrible.
Any way chin up and.......
We're all here because we're not all there
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
Feel like giving up :-(((
I always take a drink with me, but daren't touch it until halfway round at twelve when the only pub and pee stop on my duty opens.mickeymacca wrote:I always find I'm more f'cked if I forget to take a drink with me, make sure you keep hydrated.
Today was particularly heavy, but that said it's not your problem to manage an unrealistic workload, just work your contract hours if that's all you want.
stick with it, summer's on its way![]()
![]()
On top of everything else we endure, I really dislike those days when twelve o clock can't come quick enough and I'm busting for a wee!
I hope things get better for you, MissKazzy...seems like there's quite a few of us going through a tough patch at the moment.
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Feel like giving up :-(((
For 15 years I've felt exactly the same at this time of year after the hard winter slog... and vowed to quit, then the spring and summer comes with the more pleasant weather and slightly lighter and more tolerable workload and I end up procrastinating and getting suckered into another autumn/winter slog!
-
ArthurPewty
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 189
- Joined: 21 Dec 2016, 17:15
- Gender: Male
Feel like giving up :-(((
Do what I've done & book a massive long holiday for just after the time you've decided to quit. That way it will cost so much to cancel the holiday that you'll have to quit as intendedwacko74 wrote:For 15 years I've felt exactly the same at this time of year after the hard winter slog... and vowed to quit, then the spring and summer comes with the more pleasant weather and slightly lighter and more tolerable workload and I end up procrastinating and getting suckered into another autumn/winter slog!
-
Interested-seeker
- Posts: 442
- Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
- Gender: Female
Feel like giving up :-(((
Keep standing your ground, it will get better eventually. Use your rep if you need too.
-
Dazsw
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 28
- Joined: 17 Feb 2013, 17:36
- Gender: Male
Feel like giving up :-(((
I just resigned from RM today after 6 years of this, I'm super happy!
I highly recommend it leaving.
I highly recommend it leaving.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Feel like giving up :-(((
Sometimes leaving is good if you can get the terms you want and most cannot what most do is go sick get your doctor on side before hand and good luck!
-
Williamleeds
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 26 Mar 2015, 22:16
- Gender: Male
Feel like giving up :-(((
Today was brutal coerced into working over my time -expected to show an agency worker around somebody else’s duty (reserve)poor resourcing lately,problematic for part time cover workers.Keep going & docket or cut off.
-
BELIAL
- Posts: 6758
- Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
- Gender: Female
- Location: Nowhere
Feel like giving up :-(((
IT won't get better ,it will get more lapsingInterested-seeker wrote:Keep standing your ground, it will get better eventually. Use your rep if you need too.
Bye
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
Feel like giving up :-(((
Glad you're happy, hope you're sorted with a less stressful job, buddy.Dazsw wrote:I just resigned from RM today after 6 years of this, I'm super happy!
I highly recommend it leaving.
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.