The two people involved have a bit of a fued for whatever reason, with one in particular exploiting any chance he can to get 'one up' on the other. I personally see it as a form of passive bullying, but what do I know? One sits on a duty(bully), the other is his float(victim).
Months of the bully bringing back mail & packets for call's that are awkward to get to ( steep climbs/stairs, controlled entry flats, top floors on tenement flats, house's that require dead walk - we all know the trademark returns of the lazy postie ) has manifested resentment in the floater. I should probably mention the bully is infamous for this kind of behaviour and is a bit of a slippery character, forever managing to escape criticism from management, knowing every trick in the book to avoid work indoors & out.
So a few weeks ago the poor floater finally cracked after a tray of mail had been brought back. No mail in the tray was endorsed, instead only a 739 on top saying "dog loose". The mail was for all trademark calls described above, spread over the duty; a truely obscene amount. The cherry was an entire tenement flat(16 calls) returned, which has no front door.
I feel the floater is justified in raising the issue with the manager (as I've been a victim to the act in the past) however, a large chunk of the office seem to disagree, that he was wrong to raise it with management, and is now warranting bullyish name calling. I can't understand their reasoning though, I can only guess there is some kind of allegiance towards the shadey chap. Absolutely nothing has came of the situation, and since then, the floater has had a complaint loggod against him for -apparently- not delivering mail, you couldn't make it up!
What are the thought's of the omniscient posters of RMC? With the office divided pretty evenly, I thought I would search here for the answers I seek.
Office politics are great