ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Here we go again !!! Arghhhh

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
MissKazzyB
Posts: 80
Joined: 22 Mar 2017, 21:50
Gender: Female

Here we go again !!! Arghhhh

Post by MissKazzyB »

Only me again. Just a couple of questions for you.
Ever since I started at RM, ive had a rotating day off so this week, I’m off today (Saturday) so should be off Monday too so i have a long weekend however it’s been changed to a Friday & I only know this as I asked someone to send me a copy of rota for next week. I’ve actually made plans now for Monday. Where do I stand with this ?
Also I have about 4 or 5 people below me in sonority and most of them are on the same walk every day but I’m more or less on a different walk every day. Am I in my right to discuss this or not ?? Thanks
South_London_Postie
Posts: 306
Joined: 18 Nov 2016, 19:58
Gender: Male

Here we go again !!! Arghhhh

Post by South_London_Postie »

Did you and your manager agree you was off Monday? Did the manager notify you otherwise?

If not, I’d be taking my Monday off.
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

Here we go again !!! Arghhhh

Post by Brandy »

I just cannot get my head round why certain posties are put on so many different rounds when others are mainly kept on the same ones,its nothing to do with seniority more like favouritism. Surely it would be easier to work a rota out if a reserve did a different round weekly,not a different one each day,and they would be able to get used to it much better as well. :hmmmm
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Here we go again !!! Arghhhh

Post by number one »

How long have you been on the duty thats had the long weekend? Are you a reserve?
MissKazzyB
Posts: 80
Joined: 22 Mar 2017, 21:50
Gender: Female

Here we go again !!! Arghhhh

Post by MissKazzyB »

South_London_Postie wrote:Did you and your manager agree you was off Monday? Did the manager notify you otherwise?

If not, I’d be taking my Monday off.
Nope the manager hasn’t discussed anything with me. I only know I’m off on Monday as I asked a colleague to send me copy of rota
MissKazzyB
Posts: 80
Joined: 22 Mar 2017, 21:50
Gender: Female

Here we go again !!! Arghhhh

Post by MissKazzyB »

number one wrote:How long have you been on the duty thats had the long weekend? Are you a reserve?
I’m a reserve & been doing this duty for the past 4 weeks as duty holder has been on light duties however no matter what duty I’m on, I’ve always had a rotating day off.
gary1975
Posts: 482
Joined: 16 Apr 2011, 13:41
Gender: Male

Here we go again !!! Arghhhh

Post by gary1975 »

MissKazzyB wrote:
number one wrote:How long have you been on the duty thats had the long weekend? Are you a reserve?
I’m a reserve & been doing this duty for the past 4 weeks as duty holder has been on light duties however no matter what duty I’m on, I’ve always had a rotating day off.
Unless your the duty holder there is not much you can do about it
MissKazzyB
Posts: 80
Joined: 22 Mar 2017, 21:50
Gender: Female

Here we go again !!! Arghhhh

Post by MissKazzyB »

gary1975 wrote:
MissKazzyB wrote:
number one wrote:How long have you been on the duty thats had the long weekend? Are you a reserve?
I’m a reserve & been doing this duty for the past 4 weeks as duty holder has been on light duties however no matter what duty I’m on, I’ve always had a rotating day off.
Unless your the duty holder there is not much you can do about it
The annoying thing now is I’ve booked all my annual leave based on my rest days each week. I’ve booked my my summer holiday abroad & everthing.
fb1969
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1693
Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
Gender: Male
Location: hiding on the backstreets

Here we go again !!! Arghhhh

Post by fb1969 »

I was on a fixed duty for three years but pending a re-sign I have been made a reserve.

My days off over the last few weeks have gone: Tue, Thu, Sat, Fri, Thu - next week I was down for Mon off but this was changed (yesterday) to Fri. All the time I am reserve I know I cannot guarantee when my days off will be. Its called life in Royal Mail, it stinks but that is how it is.
Last edited by fb1969 on 10 Mar 2018, 16:23, edited 1 time in total.
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

Here we go again !!! Arghhhh

Post by Creditshampoo »

They haven’t told you. I’d just turn up Tuesday to be honest.
They’ve changed it without letting you know
kevbo
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 134
Joined: 07 May 2010, 16:33
Gender: Male

Here we go again !!! Arghhhh

Post by kevbo »

If you have a rotating day off regardless of what duty your on then it must be a mistake on the sheet. If they have changed rota without letting you know it's their problem. Don't even mention it.
The Postman
Posts: 267
Joined: 10 May 2017, 14:41
Gender: Male

Here we go again !!! Arghhhh

Post by The Postman »

I didn’t even know there was a rota! :shock:
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

Here we go again !!! Arghhhh

Post by Bahia Feliz »

The Postman wrote:I didn’t even know there was a rota! :shock:
They're not that organised are they? :crazy:
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

Here we go again !!! Arghhhh

Post by CPTNemoUK »

Creditshampoo wrote:They haven’t told you. I’d just turn up Tuesday to be honest.
They’ve changed it without letting you know
This 100% just play dumb.
crimson king
Posts: 783
Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
Gender: Male

Here we go again !!! Arghhhh

Post by crimson king »

CPTNemoUK wrote:
Creditshampoo wrote:They haven’t told you. I’d just turn up Tuesday to be honest.
They’ve changed it without letting you know
This 100% just play dumb.
Yep, rock on up Tuesday, swaying yer hips, whistling a tune and saying "who, me?"

Then grab your rep and shut 'em up.
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.