ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Holidays

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Islander
Posts: 36
Joined: 25 Dec 2017, 10:02
Gender: Male

Holidays

Post by Islander »

So when I started at RM I was asked for any holidays that I had booked and they would be honoured, as most firms do. I gave the dates in on my first day of work 2nd week of december, after a few weeks I checked to make sure they were booked..... they weren't so booked them again told again they were honoured a couple of weeks ago got the booked hoilday forms from manager, my holidays were not on there again. So booked them again told again they would be honoured.

Now today I am on holiday and they are saying that I should be at work today and saturday as the days were not avalible, theres no chance Iam going in as I am at the oposite side of the country.

Where do I stand on this ?
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Holidays

Post by Celgar »

Very bad on the managers part. Just say you have told them three times and you will be back on your next day you are due to work. Don't go back to work in your holiday week.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
crimson king
Posts: 783
Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
Gender: Male

Holidays

Post by crimson king »

And most importantly of all, don't let their incompetence spoil your holiday. Don't worry about it, you've done absolutely nothing wrong, so enjoy your break.

When you get back, if they want to make an issue out of it, go see your union rep.

And, in the meantime, don't answer your phone to them again. You're on holiday, they know you're on holiday and you're not coming back so there is nothing else to discuss.

Enjoy your break.
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.