ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Alleged wilful delay of mail & mails integrity of a special.
-
MissKazzyB
- Posts: 80
- Joined: 22 Mar 2017, 21:50
- Gender: Female
Alleged wilful delay of mail & mails integrity of a special.
Hi guys
I received a letter from my Dom this morning stating that I have a interview next week regarding as title state :-(((
I was called in office yesterday morning & asked why I left a special on my frame.
I explained that I genuinely didn’t realise I had.
I was showed a photo copy of it. I was truthful & said that tbh, I’m baffled as I really don’t understand what happened.
Anyway when I left to do my duty, I was thinking about how I could of left it & the only thing I could think of ......
Once I’ve put all my packets/Mail in trolley, i then go & get my specials & then I throw them in my frame, bundle them up in order to be delivered & as the one I left behind was on the top shelf & a letter - I must of not seen it as it was flat & im only 5.1 so couldn’t see up the top.
Hands up, yeah I forgot it but it was a genuine mistake.
Where do I stand with this ? And what do you guys think the outcome would be ?
EDITED........I’m on a walking delivery. I don’t put the specials in the bundles with all the other mail.
Once I’ve packed up my trolley then I get my specials & put them on the frame as to put them in order them I put them in a small bundle, just the specials (8) and put them at the top of my trolley so every time I open my trolley, I can see them to remind me. Hope that makes sense.
I didn’t deliver it that day as I wasn’t told that I left one behind until the following morning when I cane in so I wasnt even aware that I left one so I’m assuming that when someone was throwing up, that’s when they found it at the top & then took it to the Msnager.
I’m a part timer so don’t start until 9.30.
Thanks
I received a letter from my Dom this morning stating that I have a interview next week regarding as title state :-(((
I was called in office yesterday morning & asked why I left a special on my frame.
I explained that I genuinely didn’t realise I had.
I was showed a photo copy of it. I was truthful & said that tbh, I’m baffled as I really don’t understand what happened.
Anyway when I left to do my duty, I was thinking about how I could of left it & the only thing I could think of ......
Once I’ve put all my packets/Mail in trolley, i then go & get my specials & then I throw them in my frame, bundle them up in order to be delivered & as the one I left behind was on the top shelf & a letter - I must of not seen it as it was flat & im only 5.1 so couldn’t see up the top.
Hands up, yeah I forgot it but it was a genuine mistake.
Where do I stand with this ? And what do you guys think the outcome would be ?
EDITED........I’m on a walking delivery. I don’t put the specials in the bundles with all the other mail.
Once I’ve packed up my trolley then I get my specials & put them on the frame as to put them in order them I put them in a small bundle, just the specials (8) and put them at the top of my trolley so every time I open my trolley, I can see them to remind me. Hope that makes sense.
I didn’t deliver it that day as I wasn’t told that I left one behind until the following morning when I cane in so I wasnt even aware that I left one so I’m assuming that when someone was throwing up, that’s when they found it at the top & then took it to the Msnager.
I’m a part timer so don’t start until 9.30.
Thanks
Last edited by MissKazzyB on 09 Mar 2018, 06:49, edited 1 time in total.
-
Pathfinder
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 208
- Joined: 17 Aug 2015, 13:50
- Gender: Male
Alleged wilful delay of mail & mails integrity of a special.
Most companies will just say ‘’simple mistake, we all do them. Just make sure to check and double check before you leave the building’’ but no this is RM and you’ll need to be interrogated making a big hoohar out of it
Don’t worry about it Kaz, it’s not worth it
Don’t worry about it Kaz, it’s not worth it
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32798
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Alleged wilful delay of mail & mails integrity of a special.
When you get your specials do you sign for them from the RLE, ie you had 5 specials and that is what it says on the sign for special sheet?
PS: You should just be coached on it, there are a lot of should's in Royal Mail tho.
PS: You should just be coached on it, there are a lot of should's in Royal Mail tho.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Alleged wilful delay of mail & mails integrity of a special.
get a rep involved.... and make sure you and they use the conduct code https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 36&t=70737" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Unintentional delay
Royal Mail Group recognises that genuine mistakes and misunderstandings do occur and it is not our intention that such cases should be dealt with under the Conduct Policy beyond informal discussions for the isolated instance.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
The Postman
- Posts: 267
- Joined: 10 May 2017, 14:41
- Gender: Male
Alleged wilful delay of mail & mails integrity of a special.
Surely you can’t be done for wilful delay if it was done unwillingly? When you got back did you deliver or offer to deliver the letter and special? Or had the manager already had it delivered whilst you were out? Surely then they can’t call it wilful delay if it was delivered same day or before 1pm if it was a 1pm special?
-
Spigot bearing
- Posts: 83
- Joined: 18 Dec 2015, 16:22
- Gender: Male
Alleged wilful delay of mail & mails integrity of a special.
Do you have a work place coach?
Did they train you to do your job?
Maybe the work place coach could offer you some advice or help, on the other hand :/
Did they train you to do your job?
Maybe the work place coach could offer you some advice or help, on the other hand :/
-
cpsteve
- Posts: 699
- Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
- Gender: Male
Alleged wilful delay of mail & mails integrity of a special.
Just a mistake a one off that will never happen again do not worry you will be fine.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Alleged wilful delay of mail & mails integrity of a special.
Was it in a slot, or just on your frame?
Surely anyone could have put it there.
Does the number of SD's you delivered tally with the number you signed for?
Surely anyone could have put it there.
Does the number of SD's you delivered tally with the number you signed for?
-
kevbo
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 134
- Joined: 07 May 2010, 16:33
- Gender: Male
Alleged wilful delay of mail & mails integrity of a special.
Sounds like a genuine mistake. Why are you putting Specials in or on the frame though? Like others have mentioned have you not received the correct training? This is what you need to be mentioning in your "interview". Are you relatively new? For what it's worth I always keep specials in a tray separate from everything else so they don't get put through a letterbox without realising. Also you might have to go off and deliver them before 1PM.MissKazzyB wrote:Hi guys
I received a letter from my Dom this morning stating that I have a interview next week regarding as title state :-(((
I was called in office yesterday morning & asked why I left a special on my frame.
I explained that I genuinely didn’t realise I had.
I was showed a photo copy of it. I was truthful & said that tbh, I’m baffled as I really don’t understand what happened.
Anyway when I left to do my duty, I was thinking about how I could of left it & the only thing I could think of ......
Once I’ve put all my packets/Mail in trolley, i then go & get my specials & then I throw them in my frame, bundle them up in order to be delivered & as the one I left behind was on the top shelf & a letter - I must of not seen it as it was flat & im only 5.1 so couldn’t see up the top.
Hands up, yeah I forgot it but it was a genuine mistake.
Where do I stand with this ? And what do you guys think the outcome would be ?
Thanks
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Alleged wilful delay of mail & mails integrity of a special.
Get your rep but as you have stated the frames are not fit for purpose for the job these days.
-
world class male
- Posts: 903
- Joined: 03 Jul 2013, 15:29
- Gender: Male
Alleged wilful delay of mail & mails integrity of a special.
i always thought most kept UK specials separate, especially if you have to break off to make the 1pm, mine go straight into a tub with keys log book & pda, never on the frame.k979aaa wrote:Get your rep but as you have stated the frames are not fit for purpose for the job these days.
also think the correct procedure on collection is to go lock them in your van, you probably get a slap on the wrist, genuine mistakes happen
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Alleged wilful delay of mail & mails integrity of a special.
Depends if it is a town walk as you cannot keep going back and forward to the van they have to be prepped in the loop!world class male wrote:i always thought most kept UK specials separate, especially if you have to break off to make the 1pm, mine go straight into a tub with keys log book & pda, never on the frame.k979aaa wrote:Get your rep but as you have stated the frames are not fit for purpose for the job these days.
also think the correct procedure on collection is to go lock them in your van, you probably get a slap on the wrist, genuine mistakes happen
-
MissKazzyB
- Posts: 80
- Joined: 22 Mar 2017, 21:50
- Gender: Female
Alleged wilful delay of mail & mails integrity of a special.
IVE EDITED MY POST TO ANSWER MANY IF YOUR QUESTIONS:-))))
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Alleged wilful delay of mail & mails integrity of a special.
Many ways to skin a cat. I put an elastic band around each special delivery item if possible to further identify the item. If I get a lot of SD items I make a list of them on a bit of paper in order that I will deliver them. If its busy or I am worried I might not get them delivered before 1pm I will break off route and deliver them much earlier so I haven't got the hassle of worrying about them. Messing up the delivery of a SD is the biggest no-no along with filling the van up with unleaded etc. A recipe for a bad day.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Alleged wilful delay of mail & mails integrity of a special.
When you get your specials - WRITE THEM ALL DOWN on a piece of paper or card from the back of a cage. Keep the list and the specials in a tray.