My office is due 5 D2D'S this week, but due to the bad weather have not turned up yet.
Is there a deadline as to when they can arrive and still go out?
And for example if they come Wednesday do you only deliver wed - sat as set out on each duty or do you still have to do all of them?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Late arrival of D2D'S
-
antcpfc
- Posts: 629
- Joined: 18 Sep 2007, 17:25
Late arrival of D2D'S
We got some today but we're told we still have six days. What happens with next weeks then?ROSSCO wrote:My office is due 5 D2D'S this week, but due to the bad weather have not turned up yet.
Is there a deadline as to when they can arrive and still go out?
And for example if they come Wednesday do you only deliver wed - sat as set out on each duty or do you still have to do all of them?
Slider tool. Lol.
-
dazer0070
- Posts: 120
- Joined: 02 Feb 2014, 18:13
- Gender: Male
Late arrival of D2D'S
It’s a weekly problem at our office. I take from the day they arrive on my frame and take each days allocation until sat. I don’t finish them the following week. Not my problem if they can’t be put out on the Monday!!
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Late arrival of D2D'S
That's what I do. I even got some a whole week late. I took them to the manager and he sent them back.dazer0070 wrote:It’s a weekly problem at our office. I take from the day they arrive on my frame and take each days allocation until sat. I don’t finish them the following week. Not my problem if they can’t be put out on the Monday!!
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Late arrival of D2D'S
Apparently and I don't know how true it is but according to a management source if they aren't in the DO until after Wednesday start time they become something called "best endeavour" which pretty much lets your manager off the hook and passes the buck back to wherever they didn't come from when they should have.Is there a deadline as to when they can arrive and still go out?
None of that lets us off the hook though. If you're given an instruction to do them...do them.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
citypostie
- Posts: 895
- Joined: 08 Apr 2009, 19:42
- Gender: Male
Late arrival of D2D'S
We got the best endeavour line for this week's d2dfishtank wrote:Apparently and I don't know how true it is but according to a management source if they aren't in the DO until after Wednesday start time they become something called "best endeavour" which pretty much lets your manager off the hook and passes the buck back to wherever they didn't come from when they should have.Is there a deadline as to when they can arrive and still go out?
None of that lets us off the hook though. If you're given an instruction to do them...do them.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Late arrival of D2D'S
Do them bring back all your packets and loops of mail just do the D2D madness!citypostie wrote:We got the best endeavour line for this week's d2dfishtank wrote:Apparently and I don't know how true it is but according to a management source if they aren't in the DO until after Wednesday start time they become something called "best endeavour" which pretty much lets your manager off the hook and passes the buck back to wherever they didn't come from when they should have.Is there a deadline as to when they can arrive and still go out?
None of that lets us off the hook though. If you're given an instruction to do them...do them.
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Late arrival of D2D'S
I will leave this here
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dail ... 752064.amp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; shouldn't laugh but I did 
-
centenaryman
- Posts: 512
- Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 20:31
- Gender: Male
Late arrival of D2D'S
were told any late arrival of d2d is to be cleared "whenever"....as long as the item has not run out...ie advertising an offer for that week etc
so that pretty much means every d2d will never run out so can not be sent back but has to be delivered...
I asked can I open the talk talk or bt envelopes to check any out of date offers and was called into the office for being a trouble causer LOL
so that pretty much means every d2d will never run out so can not be sent back but has to be delivered...
I asked can I open the talk talk or bt envelopes to check any out of date offers and was called into the office for being a trouble causer LOL
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Late arrival of D2D'S
D2Ds have to be delivered on the same week they are contracted to be delivered on by the customer. If they are delivered the following week that is breaking the contract. It used to be the case that if D2D arrived late eg on Wednesday of the week they were to be delivered that we got paid an additional percentage. Not sure now if that is the case - probably isn't.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3727
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Late arrival of D2D'S
Because of the weather situation, our manager stated we had six delivery days (taking out Sunday) to do them.
They arrived on Wednesday so have to be delivered by the end of Tuesday delivery.
Don't know if this is still the case if there is no apparent cause for late arrival.
They arrived on Wednesday so have to be delivered by the end of Tuesday delivery.
Don't know if this is still the case if there is no apparent cause for late arrival.