ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
D2d's as a part timer
-
Billy49
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 03 Mar 2018, 21:53
- Gender: Male
D2d's as a part timer
Just wondered what is expected of someone on a 30 hour contract as regards d2d's. Loads at ours won't put them together as they are part time.
-
itinerant
- Posts: 156
- Joined: 16 Sep 2017, 17:54
- Gender: Male
D2d's as a part timer
I am p/t 30 hours 7-1 and put my d2ds together. most of our part-timers do theirs other than those that start later and have their round prepped
-
Clared
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 08 Jul 2016, 12:18
- Gender: Female
D2d's as a part timer
I am PT & 30 hrs I always do my own D/D I make time before I go out or I do them when I have time when i'm get back. Most of the time I actually put them all in then there out of the wayBilly49 wrote:Just wondered what is expected of someone on a 30 hour contract as regards d2d's. Loads at ours won't put them together as they are part time.
-
Xr4
- Posts: 107
- Joined: 23 Apr 2016, 09:15
- Gender: Male
D2d's as a part timer
PT 24 hours, upto who ever is taking that duty out to prep the d2ds.
Even if you start late the mail's prepped but no d2d will be
Even if you start late the mail's prepped but no d2d will be
-
Costas6969
- Posts: 25
- Joined: 08 Dec 2017, 11:19
- Gender: Male
D2d's as a part timer
I am a part timer on 25 hours per week and I insisted on my d2ds be prepared for me. I prep my own parcels, redirections, sometimes also have to throw up some letters. if I have to prep d2ds too I would probably have to cut off everyday
-
ted_e_bear
- Posts: 4110
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
D2d's as a part timer
What so you finish at 1 ? Didn't think any offices finished that early these days.mike_mlc wrote:I am p/t 30 hours 7-1 and put my d2ds together. most of our part-timers do theirs other than those that start later and have their round prepped
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
D2d's as a part timer
5 days 6 hoursted_e_bear wrote:What so you finish at 1 ? Didn't think any offices finished that early these days.mike_mlc wrote:I am p/t 30 hours 7-1 and put my d2ds together. most of our part-timers do theirs other than those that start later and have their round prepped
-
cpsteve
- Posts: 699
- Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
- Gender: Male
D2d's as a part timer
P/T workers should be given full D2D money if they are expected to prep them as well.
-
joewyan
- Posts: 382
- Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
- Gender: Male
D2d's as a part timer
Depends on your shift times etc. If your walk is fully prepped for when you arrive then the D2D should be prepped also, otherwise if you part prep you may be expected to do D2D’s too. They should be treated exactly the same as mail.
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
D2d's as a part timer
They are paid the samecpsteve wrote:P/T workers should be given full D2D money if they are expected to prep them as well.
-
cpsteve
- Posts: 699
- Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
- Gender: Male
D2d's as a part timer
I stand corrected.Creditshampoo wrote:They are paid the samecpsteve wrote:P/T workers should be given full D2D money if they are expected to prep them as well.
-
ArthurPewty
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 189
- Joined: 21 Dec 2016, 17:15
- Gender: Male
D2d's as a part timer
Depends on if you want o/t or not. If not then its hard to see how anyone on a 30hrs or less contract can chuck in dtd and complete a delivery (taking their breaks!) without going over. I'm on less than 30 hrs and have never been asked to throw in dtd's so i don't. If they're in I deliver them, if they're not I don't worry about them. If the day comes when the DOM asks me to throw them in the answers simple enough: 'no problem boss. Which loops do you want me to leave in the frame?' You can't refuse to throw them in, but you still have a finish time. If you want the o/t then it's more money for doing some indoor work 
-
kevbo
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 134
- Joined: 07 May 2010, 16:33
- Gender: Male
D2d's as a part timer
Surely d2ds should be first thing in the frame especially if you have double slots
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
D2d's as a part timer
30 hrs and I never touch them until I post them. All prep is done, and when it's not I grab the manager and ask him why.
-
beerhamilton
- Posts: 10
- Joined: 11 May 2011, 18:31
- Gender: Male
D2d's as a part timer
Absolutely right, regardless of having double slots 20 % a day delivered if you work 5 days.kevbo wrote:Surely d2ds should be first thing in the frame especially if you have double slots