ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

D2d's as a part timer

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Billy49
Posts: 6
Joined: 03 Mar 2018, 21:53
Gender: Male

D2d's as a part timer

Post by Billy49 »

Just wondered what is expected of someone on a 30 hour contract as regards d2d's. Loads at ours won't put them together as they are part time.
itinerant
Posts: 156
Joined: 16 Sep 2017, 17:54
Gender: Male

D2d's as a part timer

Post by itinerant »

I am p/t 30 hours 7-1 and put my d2ds together. most of our part-timers do theirs other than those that start later and have their round prepped
Clared
Posts: 122
Joined: 08 Jul 2016, 12:18
Gender: Female

D2d's as a part timer

Post by Clared »

Billy49 wrote:Just wondered what is expected of someone on a 30 hour contract as regards d2d's. Loads at ours won't put them together as they are part time.
I am PT & 30 hrs I always do my own D/D I make time before I go out or I do them when I have time when i'm get back. Most of the time I actually put them all in then there out of the way
Xr4
Posts: 107
Joined: 23 Apr 2016, 09:15
Gender: Male

D2d's as a part timer

Post by Xr4 »

PT 24 hours, upto who ever is taking that duty out to prep the d2ds.
Even if you start late the mail's prepped but no d2d will be
Costas6969
Posts: 25
Joined: 08 Dec 2017, 11:19
Gender: Male

D2d's as a part timer

Post by Costas6969 »

I am a part timer on 25 hours per week and I insisted on my d2ds be prepared for me. I prep my own parcels, redirections, sometimes also have to throw up some letters. if I have to prep d2ds too I would probably have to cut off everyday
ted_e_bear
Posts: 4110
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
Gender: Male

D2d's as a part timer

Post by ted_e_bear »

mike_mlc wrote:I am p/t 30 hours 7-1 and put my d2ds together. most of our part-timers do theirs other than those that start later and have their round prepped
What so you finish at 1 ? Didn't think any offices finished that early these days.
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

D2d's as a part timer

Post by eastie »

ted_e_bear wrote:
mike_mlc wrote:I am p/t 30 hours 7-1 and put my d2ds together. most of our part-timers do theirs other than those that start later and have their round prepped
What so you finish at 1 ? Didn't think any offices finished that early these days.
5 days 6 hours
cpsteve
Posts: 699
Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
Gender: Male

D2d's as a part timer

Post by cpsteve »

P/T workers should be given full D2D money if they are expected to prep them as well.
joewyan
Posts: 382
Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
Gender: Male

D2d's as a part timer

Post by joewyan »

Depends on your shift times etc. If your walk is fully prepped for when you arrive then the D2D should be prepped also, otherwise if you part prep you may be expected to do D2D’s too. They should be treated exactly the same as mail.
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

D2d's as a part timer

Post by Creditshampoo »

cpsteve wrote:P/T workers should be given full D2D money if they are expected to prep them as well.
They are paid the same
cpsteve
Posts: 699
Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
Gender: Male

D2d's as a part timer

Post by cpsteve »

Creditshampoo wrote:
cpsteve wrote:P/T workers should be given full D2D money if they are expected to prep them as well.
They are paid the same
I stand corrected.
ArthurPewty
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 189
Joined: 21 Dec 2016, 17:15
Gender: Male

D2d's as a part timer

Post by ArthurPewty »

Depends on if you want o/t or not. If not then its hard to see how anyone on a 30hrs or less contract can chuck in dtd and complete a delivery (taking their breaks!) without going over. I'm on less than 30 hrs and have never been asked to throw in dtd's so i don't. If they're in I deliver them, if they're not I don't worry about them. If the day comes when the DOM asks me to throw them in the answers simple enough: 'no problem boss. Which loops do you want me to leave in the frame?' You can't refuse to throw them in, but you still have a finish time. If you want the o/t then it's more money for doing some indoor work :thumbup
kevbo
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 134
Joined: 07 May 2010, 16:33
Gender: Male

D2d's as a part timer

Post by kevbo »

Surely d2ds should be first thing in the frame especially if you have double slots
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

D2d's as a part timer

Post by NewPostieUK »

30 hrs and I never touch them until I post them. All prep is done, and when it's not I grab the manager and ask him why.
beerhamilton
Posts: 10
Joined: 11 May 2011, 18:31
Gender: Male

D2d's as a part timer

Post by beerhamilton »

kevbo wrote:Surely d2ds should be first thing in the frame especially if you have double slots
Absolutely right, regardless of having double slots 20 % a day delivered if you work 5 days.