ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Hello from a journalist
-
ameliat2
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 12 Sep 2017, 10:31
- Gender: Female
Hello from a journalist
Hi
My name is Amelia Tait and I’m a digital culture writer at the New Statesman.
I write about how different communities use the internet and I’m interested in writing a piece about http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
I hope it isn't poor etiquette for me to post here - if so, my sincere apologies and please delete my post. If not - well, I was looking to speak to postmen and women who use this forum about their experiences connecting online!
If anyone is up for being interviewed, please send me a message on here or amelia.tait@newstatesman.co.uk. I'd love to speak with you!
*Note* You can remain completely anonymous if that is your wish.
Thanks again!
Amelia
My name is Amelia Tait and I’m a digital culture writer at the New Statesman.
I write about how different communities use the internet and I’m interested in writing a piece about http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
I hope it isn't poor etiquette for me to post here - if so, my sincere apologies and please delete my post. If not - well, I was looking to speak to postmen and women who use this forum about their experiences connecting online!
If anyone is up for being interviewed, please send me a message on here or amelia.tait@newstatesman.co.uk. I'd love to speak with you!
*Note* You can remain completely anonymous if that is your wish.
Thanks again!
Amelia
Last edited by ameliat2 on 28 Feb 2018, 16:05, edited 1 time in total.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32798
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Hello from a journalist
Hi, got your email.
I am writing something up and will send it to you later, will move this to blue shirts forum for more traffic.
I am writing something up and will send it to you later, will move this to blue shirts forum for more traffic.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
ameliat2
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 12 Sep 2017, 10:31
- Gender: Female
Hello from a journalist
Thanks so much! Very kind
-
mickeymacca
- Posts: 503
- Joined: 21 Jun 2012, 18:03
- Gender: Male
Hello from a journalist
I am more 'Whizzer and Chips' than 'The News Statesman' but would be happy to answer any questions.
'Libraries gave us power'
-
ameliat2
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 12 Sep 2017, 10:31
- Gender: Female
Hello from a journalist
Thanks! Could you send me an email on amelia.tait@newstatesman.co.uk?mickeymacca wrote:I am more 'Whizzer and Chips' than 'The News Statesman' but would be happy to answer any questions.
-
South_London_Postie
- Posts: 306
- Joined: 18 Nov 2016, 19:58
- Gender: Male
Hello from a journalist
Nothing to report, we just use the internet to moan about our employer :)
-
ameliat2
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 12 Sep 2017, 10:31
- Gender: Female
Hello from a journalist
From the outside, it looks a lot more than that! :) Do let me know if you want to be involved, would love to hear from you!South_London_Postie wrote:Nothing to report, we just use the internet to moan about our employer :)
-
nuns
- Posts: 147
- Joined: 14 Oct 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Hello from a journalist
how about writing about the stuff they try to get you to do at RM...
-
Mobey
- Posts: 291
- Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 11:54
- Gender: Male
Hello from a journalist
Have a look through the bullying and harassment thread, guys and girls we have the chance to say about what it's like being a postperson.
People on the outside think it's one of the most less stressful jobs, there's no bullying, it's easy etc when it's not.
I don't know the audience of this media outlet, but this would be a lot more eye opening than the forged results of the employee survey!!
People on the outside think it's one of the most less stressful jobs, there's no bullying, it's easy etc when it's not.
I don't know the audience of this media outlet, but this would be a lot more eye opening than the forged results of the employee survey!!
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32798
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Hello from a journalist
The story is in the news forum, I appreciate time limits ect but I'm sure we said a lot more,I know I did which didn't make the final cut but a good article all the same and a good plug for us.
Thanks Amelia.
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 8&p=803386" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks Amelia.
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 8&p=803386" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
Hello from a journalist
That's a really good article, enjoyed that. 
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Hello from a journalist
I agree it was a fair article. I especially liked the bit about managing to get the Manger to increase "Trousers"!POSTMAN wrote:The story is in the news forum, I appreciate time limits ect but I'm sure we said a lot more,I know I did which didn't make the final cut but a good article all the same and a good plug for us.
Thanks Amelia.
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 8&p=803386" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Spigot bearing
- Posts: 83
- Joined: 18 Dec 2015, 16:22
- Gender: Male
Hello from a journalist
I'd be careful talking about your employer to a so called reporter, could be a set up.