ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Dash cam
-
blue1873
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 8876
- Joined: 16 Feb 2010, 17:50
- Gender: Male
Dash cam
Spot on" Nemo" it's never their fault or responsibility, look at the posts on delivering in the snow ,i somehowCPTNemoUK wrote:Probably because RM prefer to blame us rather than anyone else if something goes wrong.Creditshampoo wrote:Why would you need to?
dont think they would allow personal dashcams to be used but if you dont ask you'll never know
-
noggin1969
- Posts: 1321
- Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 17:28
- Gender: Male
Dash cam
You can get apps for your phone that'll loop sections to your SD card. How RM would see this as a breach of their rules is unclear. Also in some less salubrious areas having your phone in the windows would be inviting a broken window and a missing phone. Although if you do film something and use it as a last ditch solution at say an ET it may be worth the try.
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Dash cam
In the RTA agreement it clearly states that where a manager is unable to determine where the fault lies in an RTA the decision will be given in the favour of the RM driver and we all know that this rarely happens. If it does happen you are more than likely to receive a blameworthy anyhow.
I don't have any problem of using a personalised dash cam and wholeheartedly agree with their usage to support the driver in an RTA.
Why would RM want to stop a driver from using a camera for proving their innocence and assist RMG from third party claims.
I don't have any problem of using a personalised dash cam and wholeheartedly agree with their usage to support the driver in an RTA.
Why would RM want to stop a driver from using a camera for proving their innocence and assist RMG from third party claims.
-
Kings Norton
- Posts: 320
- Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
- Gender: Male
Dash cam
Restrictions on the use of personal mobile and camera phones Filming or photography on any Royal Mail Group site, or of Royal Mail Group operations, could jeopardise the security of our business. Therefore employees are not permitted to:The Postman wrote:I would imagine not, taking pictures/video on Royal Mail property is prohibited. You may leave yourself open to conduct, however no harm in asking your manager.
Record, film or take photographs on Royal Mail Group premises, or in Royal Mail Group vehicles, without the express prior permission of the site manager or person in control
Film or distribute materials which could harm our commercial reputation, or cause offence to colleagues
-
postmandick
- Posts: 76
- Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 19:35
- Gender: Male
Dash cam
I've had one fitted for past 3-4 years and it's saved my ass on quite a few occasions
I had a serious head on collision which proved I was in the right ..... as we all know how royal mail would support us when it all goes wrong
get one to protect yourself
I had a serious head on collision which proved I was in the right ..... as we all know how royal mail would support us when it all goes wrong
get one to protect yourself
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Dash cam
Got one in my own personal car. They are a great investment.would love one in my RM van, but I ain't using my own. RM can buy it but that will never happen.postmandick wrote:I've had one fitted for past 3-4 years and it's saved my ass on quite a few occasions
I had a serious head on collision which proved I was in the right ..... as we all know how royal mail would support us when it all goes wrong
get one to protect yourself