Hello,
I've been a postie for a few years. I'm thinking of leaving, but one of my colleagues said something about there being a period during which you still have a chance to return to your previous job after leaving.
I'm hoping it won't be necessary - but does anyone have any information about this?
Cheers,
youdidntknock
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Leaving then returning to Royal Mail
-
youdidntknock
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 02 Mar 2018, 18:27
- Gender: Male
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Leaving then returning to Royal Mail
Try a career break
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32798
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Leaving then returning to Royal Mail
As far as I'm aware there is no agreement for you to f**k off and if the grass aint greener you can slip back in as if nothing has happened and screw over some poor sod that has signed for your duty.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
youdidntknock
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 02 Mar 2018, 18:27
- Gender: Male
Leaving then returning to Royal Mail
I thought that, but I'm leaving for another job so I don't think I can.Creditshampoo wrote:Try a career break
I'm sure I've heard of it. Someone else seemed to have heard of it here, but I don't know what the outcome was:POSTMAN wrote:As far as I'm aware there is no agreement for you to f**k off and if the grass aint greener you can slip back in as if nothing has happened and screw over some poor sod that has signed for your duty.
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 56&t=83790
This thread seems to mention something similar: https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... =1&t=63912
And in this thread (https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... =1&t=84298) someone says:
Just wondering if anyone knows anything a bit more specific.if she had left after a year she could have returned to the same job without losing her seniority after 6 weeks or after a career break without having to wait for a vacancy
-
ted_e_bear
- Posts: 4110
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Leaving then returning to Royal Mail
To put it slightly less bluntly, if you leave you've left.end of, you can re-apply then start again at the bottom. Oh hang on no your previous service counts towards leave entitlement.POSTMAN wrote:As far as I'm aware there is no agreement for you to f**k off and if the grass aint greener you can slip back in as if nothing has happened and screw over some poor sod that has signed for your duty.
-
Sputters2017
- Posts: 79
- Joined: 08 Aug 2017, 16:12
- Gender: Male
Leaving then returning to Royal Mail
You will loose your seniority but keep any leave entitlement you had .