ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Hello from a journalist

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
ameliat2
Posts: 4
Joined: 12 Sep 2017, 10:31
Gender: Female

Hello from a journalist

Post by ameliat2 »

Hi

My name is Amelia Tait and I’m a digital culture writer at the New Statesman.

I write about how different communities use the internet and I’m interested in writing a piece about http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

I hope it isn't poor etiquette for me to post here - if so, my sincere apologies and please delete my post. If not - well, I was looking to speak to postmen and women who use this forum about their experiences connecting online!

If anyone is up for being interviewed, please send me a message on here or amelia.tait@newstatesman.co.uk. I'd love to speak with you!

*Note* You can remain completely anonymous if that is your wish.

Thanks again!

Amelia
Last edited by ameliat2 on 28 Feb 2018, 16:05, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32798
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Hello from a journalist

Post by POSTMAN »

Hi, got your email.
I am writing something up and will send it to you later, will move this to blue shirts forum for more traffic.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
ameliat2
Posts: 4
Joined: 12 Sep 2017, 10:31
Gender: Female

Hello from a journalist

Post by ameliat2 »

Thanks so much! Very kind
mickeymacca
Posts: 503
Joined: 21 Jun 2012, 18:03
Gender: Male

Hello from a journalist

Post by mickeymacca »

I am more 'Whizzer and Chips' than 'The News Statesman' but would be happy to answer any questions.
'Libraries gave us power'
ameliat2
Posts: 4
Joined: 12 Sep 2017, 10:31
Gender: Female

Hello from a journalist

Post by ameliat2 »

mickeymacca wrote:I am more 'Whizzer and Chips' than 'The News Statesman' but would be happy to answer any questions.
Thanks! Could you send me an email on amelia.tait@newstatesman.co.uk?
South_London_Postie
Posts: 306
Joined: 18 Nov 2016, 19:58
Gender: Male

Hello from a journalist

Post by South_London_Postie »

Nothing to report, we just use the internet to moan about our employer :)
ameliat2
Posts: 4
Joined: 12 Sep 2017, 10:31
Gender: Female

Hello from a journalist

Post by ameliat2 »

South_London_Postie wrote:Nothing to report, we just use the internet to moan about our employer :)
From the outside, it looks a lot more than that! :) Do let me know if you want to be involved, would love to hear from you!
nuns
Posts: 147
Joined: 14 Oct 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Hello from a journalist

Post by nuns »

how about writing about the stuff they try to get you to do at RM...
Mobey
Posts: 291
Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 11:54
Gender: Male

Hello from a journalist

Post by Mobey »

Have a look through the bullying and harassment thread, guys and girls we have the chance to say about what it's like being a postperson.

People on the outside think it's one of the most less stressful jobs, there's no bullying, it's easy etc when it's not.

I don't know the audience of this media outlet, but this would be a lot more eye opening than the forged results of the employee survey!!
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32798
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Hello from a journalist

Post by POSTMAN »

The story is in the news forum, I appreciate time limits ect but I'm sure we said a lot more,I know I did which didn't make the final cut but a good article all the same and a good plug for us.
Thanks Amelia.
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 8&p=803386" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
crimson king
Posts: 783
Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
Gender: Male

Hello from a journalist

Post by crimson king »

That's a really good article, enjoyed that. :thumbup
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Hello from a journalist

Post by Dorset Plodder »

POSTMAN wrote:The story is in the news forum, I appreciate time limits ect but I'm sure we said a lot more,I know I did which didn't make the final cut but a good article all the same and a good plug for us.
Thanks Amelia.
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 8&p=803386" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I agree it was a fair article. I especially liked the bit about managing to get the Manger to increase "Trousers"! :Very Happy Think she must have got mixed up with us Posties wearing shorts in all weathers. :thumbup
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
Spigot bearing
Posts: 83
Joined: 18 Dec 2015, 16:22
Gender: Male

Hello from a journalist

Post by Spigot bearing »

I'd be careful talking about your employer to a so called reporter, could be a set up.