ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Tracked query

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
lala
Posts: 189
Joined: 19 Oct 2012, 19:57
Gender: Male

Tracked query

Post by lala »

Hi, I had one tracked that I had to write the tracking number down for because the pda crashed. I delivered the item and was going to enter it manually when I got the pda working. I forgot to though. If it gets done tomorrow morning will it still show as a failure? In my DO they are normally 2 days behind with the tracked failure figures.
I_Take_My_Breaks
Posts: 55
Joined: 07 Feb 2014, 09:13
Gender: Male

Tracked query

Post by I_Take_My_Breaks »

lala wrote:Hi, I had one tracked that I had to write the tracking number down for because the pda crashed. I delivered the item and was going to enter it manually when I got the pda working. I forgot to though. If it gets done tomorrow morning will it still show as a failure? In my DO they are normally 2 days behind with the tracked failure figures.
If it's due to be delivered today and not scanned, then yes it will show up as a failure.

However, all is not lost. Go in work tomorrow and see a manager and say PDA failed and you didn't get to input the parcel # and give them the number on one of those PDA contingency failure forms and leave it to them to sort out.
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Tracked query

Post by eastie »

lala wrote:Hi, I had one tracked that I had to write the tracking number down for because the pda crashed. I delivered the item and was going to enter it manually when I got the pda working. I forgot to though. If it gets done tomorrow morning will it still show as a failure? In my DO they are normally 2 days behind with the tracked failure figures.
Wouldnt worry , we only have an 81% scan tracked rate in our office and nothing gets said. If they say anything just say it was torn and didnt scan
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Tracked query

Post by Seymour Buts »

eastie wrote:
lala wrote:Hi, I had one tracked that I had to write the tracking number down for because the pda crashed. I delivered the item and was going to enter it manually when I got the pda working. I forgot to though. If it gets done tomorrow morning will it still show as a failure? In my DO they are normally 2 days behind with the tracked failure figures.
Wouldnt worry , we only have an 81% scan tracked rate in our office and nothing gets said. If they say anything just say it was torn and didnt scan
Bloody hell! Our target is 100% and you get your pants pulled down if you miss one.
crimson king
Posts: 783
Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
Gender: Male

Tracked query

Post by crimson king »

postietom wrote:
eastie wrote:
lala wrote:Hi, I had one tracked that I had to write the tracking number down for because the pda crashed. I delivered the item and was going to enter it manually when I got the pda working. I forgot to though. If it gets done tomorrow morning will it still show as a failure? In my DO they are normally 2 days behind with the tracked failure figures.
Wouldnt worry , we only have an 81% scan tracked rate in our office and nothing gets said. If they say anything just say it was torn and didnt scan
Bloody hell! Our target is 100% and you get your pants pulled down if you miss one.
Few times it's been cold and wet, it won't scan and the PDA is playing up so much that manually entering it is just such a ball ache and it's the end of the day, last loop before a day off, cider and bath waiting....and it just goes straight through the door. Nothing said yet.

But when it's sunny I scan everything. :nana
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Tracked query

Post by eastie »

There is a league table for scanning in our area of over a hundred offices and the top office is 98% , a small rural office and goes down to about 79% the worst.
Cant see that 100% is possible when you have barcodes ripped, on corners , smudged or badly printed.
Some people in our office cant be arsed to scan the 2D barcodes
cpsteve
Posts: 699
Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
Gender: Male

Tracked query

Post by cpsteve »

eastie wrote:There is a league table for scanning in our area of over a hundred offices and the top office is 98% , a small rural office and goes down to about 79% the worst.
Cant see that 100% is possible when you have barcodes ripped, on corners , smudged or badly printed.
Some people in our office cant be arsed to scan the 2D barcodes
If it is damaged and can not be scanned into the office then it should be flagged up and can not be a failure, if its damaged on delivery then you just make a note of it and inform the manager. Any office that is as low as 79% needs a good look at thats well below acceptable standard.
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Tracked query

Post by eastie »

cpsteve wrote:
eastie wrote:There is a league table for scanning in our area of over a hundred offices and the top office is 98% , a small rural office and goes down to about 79% the worst.
Cant see that 100% is possible when you have barcodes ripped, on corners , smudged or badly printed.
Some people in our office cant be arsed to scan the 2D barcodes
If it is damaged and can not be scanned into the office then it should be flagged up and can not be a failure, if its damaged on delivery then you just make a note of it and inform the manager. Any office that is as low as 79% needs a good look at thats well below acceptable standard.
Flag it up to WHO , there is nobody there when we get back as the cage shuts at 2.15 pm and the DOM always goes home early or goes to a meeting.
Don't think my DOM is bothered about a bonus for high tracking figures
Nickvilla20
Posts: 788
Joined: 13 May 2013, 07:30
Gender: Male

Tracked query

Post by Nickvilla20 »

They used to send the work place coaches round with printouts in our office for a while if a tracked didn’t get scanned. Nobody seems to bothered about it now though probably to busy trying to get rounds covered.
cpsteve
Posts: 699
Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
Gender: Male

Tracked query

Post by cpsteve »

eastie wrote:
cpsteve wrote:
eastie wrote:There is a league table for scanning in our area of over a hundred offices and the top office is 98% , a small rural office and goes down to about 79% the worst.
Cant see that 100% is possible when you have barcodes ripped, on corners , smudged or badly printed.
Some people in our office cant be arsed to scan the 2D barcodes
If it is damaged and can not be scanned into the office then it should be flagged up and can not be a failure, if its damaged on delivery then you just make a note of it and inform the manager. Any office that is as low as 79% needs a good look at thats well below acceptable standard.
Flag it up to WHO , there is nobody there when we get back as the cage shuts at 2.15 pm and the DOM always goes home early or goes to a meeting.
Don't think my DOM is bothered about a bonus for high tracking figures
Whoever scans the tracked in should flag it up. If its on damaged on delivery then you inform the manager asap that will be the next morning if he has gone home either way its no problem for you unless you have regular problems with damaged tracked items.
GRS
Posts: 826
Joined: 15 Jun 2015, 18:38
Gender: Female
Location: South West

Tracked query

Post by GRS »

Eastie are you getting confused between Tracked items and 2D barcode items as I can’t believe you get loads of Tracked barcodes that are damaged and that your office only achieves 81% on these items. Maybe you get damaged/unscanable 2D barcodes but not Tracked.