Applied for army reserve and I am in the middle of going through the process .
Is it unpaid leave for weekend training camps .
2 week training once a year .
Are you paid for that or is that taken off your annual leave ?
Please help
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Army reserve
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Army reserve
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... =1&t=74079" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
DRM
- Posts: 50
- Joined: 17 Nov 2017, 21:42
- Gender: Female
Army reserve
Just like to say good luck. I'm currently going through the process Too!Tim1985 wrote:Applied for army reserve and I am in the middle of going through the process .
Is it unpaid leave for weekend training camps .
2 week training once a year .
Are you paid for that or is that taken off your annual leave ?
Please help
-
Navalron
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1044
- Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
- Gender: Male
- Location: Glasgow
Army reserve
Royal mail pay you two weeks extra for reserve service. Do not let your Dom try and screw you out of it by talking crap. Moya has always made a big thing about RMs support for the forces. Good luck you will enjoy it. I'm ex regular and quite a lot of Postie's are ex regular and still in the reserves also so your in good company. All the best. 
-
Navalron
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1044
- Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
- Gender: Male
- Location: Glasgow
Army reserve
Kent to say that the two weeks does NOT come off your annual entitlement and your weekends away are covered although that will make it your sat off. But you will get paid for it anyway and piss off the Dom. Lol 
-
Lance Jack
- Posts: 60
- Joined: 13 Nov 2012, 16:44
- Gender: Male
Army reserve
Two weeks Special leave 'A'. I have had times when line managers try and stop me or obstruct me, remember to give them plenty of notice and if there is still a problem point out you will get the Army Chain-of-Command to contact them and you will contact Moya's office, both of which you can, and should, do.
You are entering a whole new world now, the military is a whole different way of life. I struggled at first coming back to Royal Mail after being away for a few weeks or months while on tour. When you start to progress up the ranks you will gain your own experience of managing your soldiers, this is when you realise how poor Royal Managers really are.
Good luck mate, PM if you need more details
You are entering a whole new world now, the military is a whole different way of life. I struggled at first coming back to Royal Mail after being away for a few weeks or months while on tour. When you start to progress up the ranks you will gain your own experience of managing your soldiers, this is when you realise how poor Royal Managers really are.
Good luck mate, PM if you need more details