ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
scrape in RM work van - Can I Drive ??
-
MissKazzyB
- Posts: 80
- Joined: 22 Mar 2017, 21:50
- Gender: Female
scrape in RM work van - Can I Drive ??
Hi there
Was wondering if someone could help me out here....
I was out doing a duty in one of the RM big vans & I scrapped it along side a parked vechicle :-((
I’ve done the change over in a small transit van but not the big ones so Ive now been told different things....
I’m allowed to drive a small transit but not the big vans until I do another change over in the big size.
I’m not allowed to drive at all until I do another change over
I’m ok to continue to drive the small transit van as it’s only when you have 2 traffics accidents in the space of 6 months that I’ll need to do another change over
Can anyone give me the correct info please, thanks x
Was wondering if someone could help me out here....
I was out doing a duty in one of the RM big vans & I scrapped it along side a parked vechicle :-((
I’ve done the change over in a small transit van but not the big ones so Ive now been told different things....
I’m allowed to drive a small transit but not the big vans until I do another change over in the big size.
I’m not allowed to drive at all until I do another change over
I’m ok to continue to drive the small transit van as it’s only when you have 2 traffics accidents in the space of 6 months that I’ll need to do another change over
Can anyone give me the correct info please, thanks x
Last edited by MissKazzyB on 26 Feb 2018, 20:05, edited 1 time in total.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Minor scrape in RM work van
Probably have a risk assessment test sat in front of a computer takes about half an hour to do but if you do it again they could take you off driving for a period!MissKazzyB wrote:Hi there
Was wondering if someone could help me out here....
I was out doing a duty in one of the RM big vans & I scrapped it along side a parked vechicle :-((
I’ve done the change over in a small transit van but not the big ones so Ive now been told different things....
I’m allowed to drive a small transit but not the big vans until I do another change over in the big size.
I’m not allowed to drive at all until I do another change over
I’m ok to continue to drive the small transit van as it’s only when you have 2 traffics accidents in the space of 6 months that I’ll need to do another change over
Can anyone give me the correct info please, thanks x
-
deltaforce
- Posts: 778
- Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 15:29
- Gender: Male
Minor scrape in RM work van
When I had a minor shunt they sent me on a defensive driving course for half a day. Basically a extra long driving lesson.
-
nickbsmooth
- Posts: 279
- Joined: 25 Jan 2013, 14:19
- Gender: Male
- Location: South East
Minor scrape in RM work van
What's a change over?
-
MissKazzyB
- Posts: 80
- Joined: 22 Mar 2017, 21:50
- Gender: Female
Minor scrape in RM work van
It’s a driving assessment to see if your high medium low risk driver - Basically to see if your safe to drive & delivernickbsmooth wrote:What's a change over?
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Minor scrape in RM work van
Firstly if you have been asessed to drive a RM vehicle to transit level then you should not have been alocated a larger vehicle for exampe a " High Top" and therefore the blame lies with management.MissKazzyB wrote:Hi there
Was wondering if someone could help me out here....
I was out doing a duty in one of the RM big vans & I scrapped it along side a parked vechicle :-((
I’ve done the change over in a small transit van but not the big ones so Ive now been told different things....
I’m allowed to drive a small transit but not the big vans until I do another change over in the big size.
I’m not allowed to drive at all until I do another change over
I’m ok to continue to drive the small transit van as it’s only when you have 2 traffics accidents in the space of 6 months that I’ll need to do another change over
Can anyone give me the correct info please, thanks x
If this is your first recorded blameworthy and is a minor bump you should be able to drive vehicles which you have been assessed in unless you have a secondary recorded accident where you will be removed fron driving and will have to undergo a driving assessment with RM contractors Pertemps.
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Minor scrape in RM work van
Oh you did inform the person who gave you the keys for the larger vehicle that you had not been assessed to drive this vehicle?rehabron wrote:Firstly if you have been asessed to drive a RM vehicle to transit level then you should not have been alocated a larger vehicle for exampe a " High Top" and therefore the blame lies with management.MissKazzyB wrote:Hi there
Was wondering if someone could help me out here....
I was out doing a duty in one of the RM big vans & I scrapped it along side a parked vechicle :-((
I’ve done the change over in a small transit van but not the big ones so Ive now been told different things....
I’m allowed to drive a small transit but not the big vans until I do another change over in the big size.
I’m not allowed to drive at all until I do another change over
I’m ok to continue to drive the small transit van as it’s only when you have 2 traffics accidents in the space of 6 months that I’ll need to do another change over
Can anyone give me the correct info please, thanks x
If this is your first recorded blameworthy and is a minor bump you should be able to drive vehicles which you have been assessed in unless you have a secondary recorded accident where you will be removed fron driving and will have to undergo a driving assessment with RM contractors Pertemps.
-
joewyan
- Posts: 382
- Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
- Gender: Male
scrape in RM work van - Can I Drive ??
I had a minor accident and was taken off driving until I had taken a 4 hour driving course about a week or so later.MissKazzyB wrote:Hi there
Was wondering if someone could help me out here....
I was out doing a duty in one of the RM big vans & I scrapped it along side a parked vechicle :-((
I’ve done the change over in a small transit van but not the big ones so Ive now been told different things....
I’m allowed to drive a small transit but not the big vans until I do another change over in the big size.
I’m not allowed to drive at all until I do another change over
I’m ok to continue to drive the small transit van as it’s only when you have 2 traffics accidents in the space of 6 months that I’ll need to do another change over
Can anyone give me the correct info please, thanks x
If you only had your change over in a small van then you shouldn’t be driving a bigger one. I’m not sure if that would sit in your favour or against you though.
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
scrape in RM work van - Can I Drive ??
what do you mean a big van 7.5 ton ???

"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
scrape in RM work van - Can I Drive ??
Miss Kassy B would not have held her driving licence long enough and in order to drive a 7.5T vehicle would have to sit a Class 3 driving test.maisymoo04 wrote:what do you mean a big van 7.5 ton ???![]()
I am assuming when Miss Kassy b mentions a larger vehicle above transit size would be possibly a " high top" or mercedes sprinter LWB
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
scrape in RM work van - Can I Drive ??
If Miss Kassy B has in fact driven a Mercedes Sprinter and is plated at 2000 KG then she has an additional driving allowance to claim for.rehabron wrote:Miss Kassy B would not have held her driving licence long enough and in order to drive a 7.5T vehicle would have to sit a Class 3 driving test.maisymoo04 wrote:what do you mean a big van 7.5 ton ???![]()
I am assuming when Miss Kassy b mentions a larger vehicle above transit size would be possibly a " high top" or mercedes sprinter LWB
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
scrape in RM work van - Can I Drive ??
OR by 'Transit' she means Transit connect, and by bigger van she means Transit.rehabron wrote:Miss Kassy B would not have held her driving licence long enough and in order to drive a 7.5T vehicle would have to sit a Class 3 driving test.maisymoo04 wrote:what do you mean a big van 7.5 ton ???![]()
I am assuming when Miss Kassy b mentions a larger vehicle above transit size would be possibly a " high top" or mercedes sprinter LWB
-
Jamie162
- Posts: 81
- Joined: 20 Jul 2015, 20:18
- Gender: Male
scrape in RM work van - Can I Drive ??
U don’t get an allowance for driving a 400 anymore only on 7.5 tonne and above
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
scrape in RM work van - Can I Drive ??
You get an additional driving allowance of approx. £ 30.00 for driving a mercedes sprinter that is plated at 2000 kg.Jamie162 wrote:U don’t get an allowance for driving a 400 anymore only on 7.5 tonne and above
Check it out and get back to me.
-
Jamie162
- Posts: 81
- Joined: 20 Jul 2015, 20:18
- Gender: Male
scrape in RM work van - Can I Drive ??
THought most of them are scrapped now in favour of Peugeot boxers so they don’t have to pay the allowance