ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
15 year service
-
Geordiepete
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 11 Aug 2010, 18:42
- Gender: Male
15 year service
Hello folks was just wondering what do I get for being there for 15 years? thankyou
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
15 year service
5weeks and 1days leave and when you get to 20yrs 6weeks leave. and that's it no nice surprises.Geordiepete wrote:Hello folks was just wondering what do I get for being there for 15 years? thankyou
-
Geordiepete
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 11 Aug 2010, 18:42
- Gender: Male
15 year service
So I'm paying for an extra weeks holiday at the minute so when I hit 15 years I won't be paying my weekly poal anymore is that right? Thanks again
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
15 year service
YeahGeordiepete wrote:So I'm paying for an extra weeks holiday at the minute so when I hit 15 years I won't be paying my weekly poal anymore is that right? Thanks again
-
nataddick
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 362
- Joined: 10 Jun 2010, 09:47
- Gender: Male
15 year service
As I understand it, the extra holiday entitlement on completion of 15 years’ service does not actually confer any benefit until the following leave year. Of course, if leave is adjusted pro-rota for the qualifying year and the POAL is amended on the attainment date, that would only be fair and reasonable.
Perhaps, Aiden or any another forum contributor could provide the source document that covers this specific point. I am more than happy to stand corrected and will gladly challenge what I have been told by my local bookroom.
This has been raised before but the pro-rata acrual has not been answered ?
Perhaps, Aiden or any another forum contributor could provide the source document that covers this specific point. I am more than happy to stand corrected and will gladly challenge what I have been told by my local bookroom.
This has been raised before but the pro-rata acrual has not been answered ?
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
15 year service
not 100% myself apilogies think it depends on what date you started aĺl i defo know is after 15yrs service its defo 5weeks an 1 days leave although say you started in june it may take until follwing april to kick in you will still be entitled to a few extra days leave.nataddick wrote:As I understand it, the extra holiday entitlement on completion of 15 years’ service does not actually confer any benefit until the following leave year. Of course, if leave is adjusted pro-rota for the qualifying year and the POAL is amended on the attainment date, that would only be fair and reasonable.![]()
Perhaps, Aiden or any another forum contributor could provide the source document that covers this specific point. I am more than happy to stand corrected and will gladly challenge what I have been told by my local bookroom.
This has been raised before but the pro-rata acrual has not been answered ?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
15 year service
Not quite.aiden01 wrote:YeahGeordiepete wrote:So I'm paying for an extra weeks holiday at the minute so when I hit 15 years I won't be paying my weekly poal anymore is that right? Thanks again
During the actual 15th year you won't be entitled to the new balance in full, you only get a pro-rata portion dependant on when in the leave year you pass the anniversary. So the payment reduces during the 15th year but doesn't disappear.
The following year, the 16th year, you get the full entitlement and as long you aren't paying for the 6th week you won't be paying POAL.
For information, the same process applies at the 20th Anniversary and 6 weeks leave version.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male
-
nataddick
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 362
- Joined: 10 Jun 2010, 09:47
- Gender: Male
15 year service
Still looking for a source document relating to the pro-rota accrual ruling on both holiday and POAL for the year when attainment is reached ? I can then take it up with my own book room.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
15 year service
Its from the Way Forward Agreement I think.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:This image shows the leave entitlements without POAL.
At the bottom, it describes what happens in the year your entitlement changes.
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/community/download/file.php?id=8582&mode=view
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
nataddick
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 362
- Joined: 10 Jun 2010, 09:47
- Gender: Male
15 year service
Thanks TBT - this is really very helpful. I was told by own bookroom that the position is, as posted earlier. I am more than happy to challenge their ruling on behalf on my colleagues and myself. Cheers, didn’t see it in my version of Way Forward but will check again.