ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Tracked query
-
lala
- Posts: 189
- Joined: 19 Oct 2012, 19:57
- Gender: Male
Tracked query
Hi, I had one tracked that I had to write the tracking number down for because the pda crashed. I delivered the item and was going to enter it manually when I got the pda working. I forgot to though. If it gets done tomorrow morning will it still show as a failure? In my DO they are normally 2 days behind with the tracked failure figures.
-
I_Take_My_Breaks
- Posts: 55
- Joined: 07 Feb 2014, 09:13
- Gender: Male
Tracked query
If it's due to be delivered today and not scanned, then yes it will show up as a failure.lala wrote:Hi, I had one tracked that I had to write the tracking number down for because the pda crashed. I delivered the item and was going to enter it manually when I got the pda working. I forgot to though. If it gets done tomorrow morning will it still show as a failure? In my DO they are normally 2 days behind with the tracked failure figures.
However, all is not lost. Go in work tomorrow and see a manager and say PDA failed and you didn't get to input the parcel # and give them the number on one of those PDA contingency failure forms and leave it to them to sort out.
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Tracked query
Wouldnt worry , we only have an 81% scan tracked rate in our office and nothing gets said. If they say anything just say it was torn and didnt scanlala wrote:Hi, I had one tracked that I had to write the tracking number down for because the pda crashed. I delivered the item and was going to enter it manually when I got the pda working. I forgot to though. If it gets done tomorrow morning will it still show as a failure? In my DO they are normally 2 days behind with the tracked failure figures.
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Tracked query
Bloody hell! Our target is 100% and you get your pants pulled down if you miss one.eastie wrote:Wouldnt worry , we only have an 81% scan tracked rate in our office and nothing gets said. If they say anything just say it was torn and didnt scanlala wrote:Hi, I had one tracked that I had to write the tracking number down for because the pda crashed. I delivered the item and was going to enter it manually when I got the pda working. I forgot to though. If it gets done tomorrow morning will it still show as a failure? In my DO they are normally 2 days behind with the tracked failure figures.
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
Tracked query
Few times it's been cold and wet, it won't scan and the PDA is playing up so much that manually entering it is just such a ball ache and it's the end of the day, last loop before a day off, cider and bath waiting....and it just goes straight through the door. Nothing said yet.postietom wrote:Bloody hell! Our target is 100% and you get your pants pulled down if you miss one.eastie wrote:Wouldnt worry , we only have an 81% scan tracked rate in our office and nothing gets said. If they say anything just say it was torn and didnt scanlala wrote:Hi, I had one tracked that I had to write the tracking number down for because the pda crashed. I delivered the item and was going to enter it manually when I got the pda working. I forgot to though. If it gets done tomorrow morning will it still show as a failure? In my DO they are normally 2 days behind with the tracked failure figures.
But when it's sunny I scan everything.
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Tracked query
There is a league table for scanning in our area of over a hundred offices and the top office is 98% , a small rural office and goes down to about 79% the worst.
Cant see that 100% is possible when you have barcodes ripped, on corners , smudged or badly printed.
Some people in our office cant be arsed to scan the 2D barcodes
Cant see that 100% is possible when you have barcodes ripped, on corners , smudged or badly printed.
Some people in our office cant be arsed to scan the 2D barcodes
-
cpsteve
- Posts: 699
- Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
- Gender: Male
Tracked query
If it is damaged and can not be scanned into the office then it should be flagged up and can not be a failure, if its damaged on delivery then you just make a note of it and inform the manager. Any office that is as low as 79% needs a good look at thats well below acceptable standard.eastie wrote:There is a league table for scanning in our area of over a hundred offices and the top office is 98% , a small rural office and goes down to about 79% the worst.
Cant see that 100% is possible when you have barcodes ripped, on corners , smudged or badly printed.
Some people in our office cant be arsed to scan the 2D barcodes
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Tracked query
Flag it up to WHO , there is nobody there when we get back as the cage shuts at 2.15 pm and the DOM always goes home early or goes to a meeting.cpsteve wrote:If it is damaged and can not be scanned into the office then it should be flagged up and can not be a failure, if its damaged on delivery then you just make a note of it and inform the manager. Any office that is as low as 79% needs a good look at thats well below acceptable standard.eastie wrote:There is a league table for scanning in our area of over a hundred offices and the top office is 98% , a small rural office and goes down to about 79% the worst.
Cant see that 100% is possible when you have barcodes ripped, on corners , smudged or badly printed.
Some people in our office cant be arsed to scan the 2D barcodes
Don't think my DOM is bothered about a bonus for high tracking figures
-
Nickvilla20
- Posts: 788
- Joined: 13 May 2013, 07:30
- Gender: Male
Tracked query
They used to send the work place coaches round with printouts in our office for a while if a tracked didn’t get scanned. Nobody seems to bothered about it now though probably to busy trying to get rounds covered.
-
cpsteve
- Posts: 699
- Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
- Gender: Male
Tracked query
Whoever scans the tracked in should flag it up. If its on damaged on delivery then you inform the manager asap that will be the next morning if he has gone home either way its no problem for you unless you have regular problems with damaged tracked items.eastie wrote:Flag it up to WHO , there is nobody there when we get back as the cage shuts at 2.15 pm and the DOM always goes home early or goes to a meeting.cpsteve wrote:If it is damaged and can not be scanned into the office then it should be flagged up and can not be a failure, if its damaged on delivery then you just make a note of it and inform the manager. Any office that is as low as 79% needs a good look at thats well below acceptable standard.eastie wrote:There is a league table for scanning in our area of over a hundred offices and the top office is 98% , a small rural office and goes down to about 79% the worst.
Cant see that 100% is possible when you have barcodes ripped, on corners , smudged or badly printed.
Some people in our office cant be arsed to scan the 2D barcodes
Don't think my DOM is bothered about a bonus for high tracking figures
-
GRS
- Posts: 826
- Joined: 15 Jun 2015, 18:38
- Gender: Female
- Location: South West
Tracked query
Eastie are you getting confused between Tracked items and 2D barcode items as I can’t believe you get loads of Tracked barcodes that are damaged and that your office only achieves 81% on these items. Maybe you get damaged/unscanable 2D barcodes but not Tracked.