ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Tips for keeping warm

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
deggyg
Posts: 65
Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 15:18
Gender: Male

Tips for keeping warm

Post by deggyg »

Hi guys & gals, with the temperature set to drop next week I’d like to hear people’s way of keeping warm.
Costas6969
Posts: 25
Joined: 08 Dec 2017, 11:19
Gender: Male

Tips for keeping warm

Post by Costas6969 »

Stay home, lol
peshwaarinaan
Posts: 381
Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
Gender: Female

Tips for keeping warm

Post by peshwaarinaan »

Easy peasy, layers! If your core is warm your hands keep warm! I wear merino wool leggings under my trousers and wear waterproof socks if it's raining. I'll put two layers under my RM polo shirt and wear a down coat under my anorak. Always nice and warm. May appear a bit extreme but I hate being cold!!!!
ted_e_bear
Posts: 4110
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
Gender: Male

Tips for keeping warm

Post by ted_e_bear »

I'm off to Tenerife !
spen
Posts: 531
Joined: 18 Jan 2011, 19:53
Gender: Male

Tips for keeping warm

Post by spen »

Shorts will be fine
crimson king
Posts: 783
Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
Gender: Male

Tips for keeping warm

Post by crimson king »

spen wrote:Shorts will be fine
:thumbup
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
goldy
Posts: 220
Joined: 24 Mar 2009, 13:58
Gender: Male

Tips for keeping warm

Post by goldy »

Layers is way to go ! Obviously hat and gloves
Thermals .Sometimes I wish I had my old pocket warmer .Oh and hot soup is the best .
Altrider
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 81
Joined: 12 Feb 2013, 17:29
Gender: Male

Tips for keeping warm

Post by Altrider »

Take a managerial promotion and stay in all day. Easypeasy! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Xr4
Posts: 107
Joined: 23 Apr 2016, 09:15
Gender: Male

Tips for keeping warm

Post by Xr4 »

As previous posts, keep your core warm, in my case thermal vest, polo shirt, fleece and storm coat.

But also your head, wear a hat, when it was cold the other month I took my hat off in the van and left it there when I did the round, after 2 mins my hands were freezing. This year apart from that I've never suffered from painfully cold hands and I havent been wearing gloves
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

Tips for keeping warm

Post by Creditshampoo »

Best t shirt hoodie Royal Mail jumper stormjacket woolly hat gloves snood and shorts
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16700
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Tips for keeping warm

Post by clashcityrocker »

Creditshampoo wrote:........ snood and shorts
Snood and shorts? Really?
I can only assume you were privately educated?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
General Mannerheim
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2299
Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
Gender: Male
Location: Stalag 17

Tips for keeping warm

Post by General Mannerheim »

More lapsing and walk faster.
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
mw7485
Posts: 123
Joined: 02 Dec 2013, 15:41
Gender: Female

Tips for keeping warm

Post by mw7485 »

General Mannerheim wrote:More lapsing and walk faster.

Walk???? Should be running!
GRS
Posts: 826
Joined: 15 Jun 2015, 18:38
Gender: Female
Location: South West

Tips for keeping warm

Post by GRS »

I really don’t get this shorts thing in winter. Blokes go out layered up and with scarves,hats and gloves and yet say they wear shorts because it’s too warm walking around. I also get bloody fed up with people on the street stopping and asking me why other postmen feel the need to wear shorts in such cold weather.
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Tips for keeping warm

Post by eastie »

spen wrote:Shorts will be fine
Ive worn shorts nonstop for 14 years, legs don't get cold when walking.
Some people feel the cold and some dont