ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Tips for keeping warm
-
deggyg
- Posts: 65
- Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 15:18
- Gender: Male
Tips for keeping warm
Hi guys & gals, with the temperature set to drop next week I’d like to hear people’s way of keeping warm.
-
Costas6969
- Posts: 25
- Joined: 08 Dec 2017, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Tips for keeping warm
Stay home, lol
-
peshwaarinaan
- Posts: 381
- Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
- Gender: Female
Tips for keeping warm
Easy peasy, layers! If your core is warm your hands keep warm! I wear merino wool leggings under my trousers and wear waterproof socks if it's raining. I'll put two layers under my RM polo shirt and wear a down coat under my anorak. Always nice and warm. May appear a bit extreme but I hate being cold!!!!
-
ted_e_bear
- Posts: 4110
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Tips for keeping warm
I'm off to Tenerife !
-
spen
- Posts: 531
- Joined: 18 Jan 2011, 19:53
- Gender: Male
Tips for keeping warm
Shorts will be fine
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
-
goldy
- Posts: 220
- Joined: 24 Mar 2009, 13:58
- Gender: Male
Tips for keeping warm
Layers is way to go ! Obviously hat and gloves
Thermals .Sometimes I wish I had my old pocket warmer .Oh and hot soup is the best .
Thermals .Sometimes I wish I had my old pocket warmer .Oh and hot soup is the best .
-
Altrider
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 81
- Joined: 12 Feb 2013, 17:29
- Gender: Male
Tips for keeping warm
Take a managerial promotion and stay in all day. Easypeasy!

-
Xr4
- Posts: 107
- Joined: 23 Apr 2016, 09:15
- Gender: Male
Tips for keeping warm
As previous posts, keep your core warm, in my case thermal vest, polo shirt, fleece and storm coat.
But also your head, wear a hat, when it was cold the other month I took my hat off in the van and left it there when I did the round, after 2 mins my hands were freezing. This year apart from that I've never suffered from painfully cold hands and I havent been wearing gloves
But also your head, wear a hat, when it was cold the other month I took my hat off in the van and left it there when I did the round, after 2 mins my hands were freezing. This year apart from that I've never suffered from painfully cold hands and I havent been wearing gloves
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Tips for keeping warm
Best t shirt hoodie Royal Mail jumper stormjacket woolly hat gloves snood and shorts
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Tips for keeping warm
Snood and shorts? Really?Creditshampoo wrote:........ snood and shorts
I can only assume you were privately educated?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
General Mannerheim
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2299
- Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
- Gender: Male
- Location: Stalag 17
Tips for keeping warm
More lapsing and walk faster.
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
-
mw7485
- Posts: 123
- Joined: 02 Dec 2013, 15:41
- Gender: Female
Tips for keeping warm
General Mannerheim wrote:More lapsing and walk faster.
Walk???? Should be running!
-
GRS
- Posts: 826
- Joined: 15 Jun 2015, 18:38
- Gender: Female
- Location: South West
Tips for keeping warm
I really don’t get this shorts thing in winter. Blokes go out layered up and with scarves,hats and gloves and yet say they wear shorts because it’s too warm walking around. I also get bloody fed up with people on the street stopping and asking me why other postmen feel the need to wear shorts in such cold weather.
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Tips for keeping warm
Ive worn shorts nonstop for 14 years, legs don't get cold when walking.spen wrote:Shorts will be fine
Some people feel the cold and some dont