ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Employment survey on its way.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
thewackymonkey
Posts: 31
Joined: 13 May 2014, 16:04
Gender: Male

Employment survey on its way.

Post by thewackymonkey »

Does anybody know if the RM employment survey can be done on-line yet?.
Asked the gaffa he said NOoooooooooo.
Dont believe him so thought Id ask on here. If so where can I find it when the time comes.
Cannot believe in this day and age that this could not be done on-line, just makes me think that the managers just want to read and doctor any replies that discredit them particularly now when so many of their necks are on the chopping block. :Applause
Thoughts please.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32798
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Employment survey on its way.

Post by POSTMAN »

Nope, not online, just remember this tho...
justsayit email wrote:Completion of the survey is not mandatory although we would highly encourage all employees to take the opportunity to give their view.

As this is a work-related survey, employees have been allocated time at work (during their WTLL) to complete the survey, rather than expecting employees to fill in their survey at home in their own time. This process of completing the surveys at work is standard practice in many companies.

Each survey should have been given out in an envelope as part of a pack. Each pack contained the survey itself and a pre-paid envelope with Ipsos MORI’s address for returning the survey once completed. Ipsos MORI is an independent research company conducting the survey on RMG’s behalf.

All employees can be confident that their answers will be treated in complete confidence. Ipsos MORI promises that surveys will never be linked to an individual. Ipsos MORI is a member of the Market Research Society. As a member, they are bound by its Code of Conduct not to identify individual respondents’ views.

Surveys should not have been handed back to managers without being sealed in the pre-paid/pre-addressed envelope. Managers should collect the sealed packs and return them in bulk via recorded delivery to Ipsos MORI (ideally using the bags that they arrived in). If employees specifically wish to, they can take the survey home and complete it and then return it in the post in the pre-paid and pre-addressed envelope direct to Ipsos MORI.

We ask people to take part in the survey so that they can share their views in a fair and consistent way, we also give people the opportunity to do this in a confidential environment. The survey gives people the chance to say what they want without being concerned about people finding out what they individually said. Also, only by surveying everyone in RMG will we get an overall view of what people think and be able to respond to that at a corporate level.

I hope I have provided some reassurance but please let me know if I can help further.

Kind regards

Jane

Jane Ogden
Chairman and Chief Executive Office
JustSayIt
100 Victoria Embankment LONDON EC4Y 0HQ
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
JKSmudge
Posts: 395
Joined: 26 Mar 2015, 13:39
Gender: Male

Employment survey on its way.

Post by JKSmudge »

If employees specifically wish to, they can take the survey home and complete it and then return it in the post in the pre-paid and pre-addressed envelope direct to Ipsos MORI.
I spend 20 - 30 mins doing it at home with a cup of tea so I can give reasoned, thoughtful comments otherwise it's rushed panic to complete so I can get on with prep/bagging up.
GRS
Posts: 826
Joined: 15 Jun 2015, 18:38
Gender: Female
Location: South West

Employment survey on its way.

Post by GRS »

JKSmudge wrote:
If employees specifically wish to, they can take the survey home and complete it and then return it in the post in the pre-paid and pre-addressed envelope direct to Ipsos MORI.
I spend 20 - 30 mins doing it at home with a cup of tea so I can give reasoned, thoughtful comments otherwise it's rushed panic to complete so I can get on with prep/bagging up.

Bollocks to that. I spend 20-30 seconds on it which is just enough time to take it from one envelope and put it in the return one without a drop of ink touching it. Reasoned and thoughtful comments are a waste of time I’m afraid just
Ike the whole exercise.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16700
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Employment survey on its way.

Post by clashcityrocker »

I like to take it home but I am a bit of a grammar Nazi and I like to make sure that phrases such as "woefully incompetent" and "useless lying bastard" are spelt correctly.
I don't like the pressure of filling it in in the canteen. It feels a bit like school and I am always worried the person next to me will spill their coffee on my rant sheet.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Employment survey on its way.

Post by k979aaa »

clashcityrocker wrote:I like to take it home but I am a bit of a grammar Nazi and I like to make sure that phrases such as "woefully incompetent" and "useless lying bastard" are spelt correctly.
I don't like the pressure of filling it in in the canteen. It feels a bit like school and I am always worried the person next to me will spill their coffee on my rant sheet.
More bothered about the Nazi stood over my shoulder as I fill it in as his bonus is linked to this parameter!
General Mannerheim
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2299
Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
Gender: Male
Location: Stalag 17

Employment survey on its way.

Post by General Mannerheim »

Original Email sent to Moya's team , that POSTMAN posted above:

To: JustSayIt
Subject: Employee Have Your say survey.

Today in our office the staff was given the new Employee Have your Say forms to fill in, this was done in Work Time Learning.

Whilst I think it is a good idea to fill these out in this time, what I do not find acceptable is for your managers to `stand guard` or harass staff into filling them in and then demand that they hand them back to the line managers to be sent off, this is particularly disturbing as there is an envelope for the staff to send back to the company carrying out the survey.
A number of staff wanted to fill out the survey at home and then send the forms backs but have been made well aware that this was not the wanted action by management, I have to ask why?
.

We also had an instance were an employee did not want to fill it out at all and was informed that he would then have to answer to the Delivery Office Manager as to why he was not filling it in.

So my questions are :
1. Are these survey mandatory?
2.Must they be completed in Work Time Learning?
3..If they are mandatory, do the staff have to hand the completed forms back to the line managers?
4.. Are the managers on some sort of bonus for the number of completed forms?
5. If these surveys are handed to your managers how do we know that they are not being opened and the bad responses sifted through to make the office figures look attractive?
I look forward to your detailed response.
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
worktotime
Posts: 2866
Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
Gender: Male

Employment survey on its way.

Post by worktotime »

General Mannerheim wrote:Original Email sent to Moya's team , that POSTMAN posted above:

To: JustSayIt
Subject: Employee Have Your say survey.

Today in our office the staff was given the new Employee Have your Say forms to fill in, this was done in Work Time Learning.

Whilst I think it is a good idea to fill these out in this time, what I do not find acceptable is for your managers to `stand guard` or harass staff into filling them in and then demand that they hand them back to the line managers to be sent off, this is particularly disturbing as there is an envelope for the staff to send back to the company carrying out the survey.
A number of staff wanted to fill out the survey at home and then send the forms backs but have been made well aware that this was not the wanted action by management, I have to ask why?
.

We also had an instance were an employee did not want to fill it out at all and was informed that he would then have to answer to the Delivery Office Manager as to why he was not filling it in.

So my questions are :
1. Are these survey mandatory?
2.Must they be completed in Work Time Learning?
3..If they are mandatory, do the staff have to hand the completed forms back to the line managers?
4.. Are the managers on some sort of bonus for the number of completed forms?
5. If these surveys are handed to your managers how do we know that they are not being opened and the bad responses sifted through to make the office figures look attractive?
I look forward to your detailed response.
that's spot on , more to follow , ls dim said I couldn't take it out the room to fill in or post , so threw it back at him and said bye bye . :wave
BELIAL
Posts: 6758
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
Gender: Female
Location: Nowhere

Employment survey on its way.

Post by BELIAL »

"rip it up and start again,I said rip it up,just rip it up ,rip it up just rip it up ,rip it up and start again" Seems apt
Bye
MazH
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 5
Joined: 10 Apr 2016, 21:57
Gender: Female

Employment survey on its way.

Post by MazH »

How they did ours with us last year was good - the manager gave us the talk in work time learning, but let us take the surveys and fill them out in the canteen, so you didn't have to do it with a manager watching.
BELIAL
Posts: 6758
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
Gender: Female
Location: Nowhere

Employment survey on its way.

Post by BELIAL »

JKSmudge wrote:
If employees specifically wish to, they can take the survey home and complete it and then return it in the post in the pre-paid and pre-addressed envelope direct to Ipsos MORI.
I spend 20 - 30 mins doing it at home with a cup of tea so I can give reasoned, thoughtful comments otherwise it's rushed panic to complete so I can get on with prep/bagging up.

WHy? It's just a big PR social control exercise. There is nothing that is actionable in that "survey" ,whatever the response. Prove me wrong ,lets hear from all the units that have ever got any wrongs righted as a result of their hys surveys. {an I don't mean ,"heres a custard slice ", or " have a doughnut"}
Bye
Grande hombre
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12
Joined: 07 Mar 2018, 09:38
Gender: Male

Employment survey on its way.

Post by Grande hombre »

In Edinburgh Mail Centre we are being offered a
( reward ) to the shift with the highest return.
The reward is an extra 1 lieu day on a Friday
For the next year .
This is because of the poor returns we get year
on year it’s embarrasing .
Nobody is interested as nothing ever gets done
And why contribute to 10% of their bonus.
The Hysteria surrounding this in our office is
Incredible .p
nuns
Posts: 147
Joined: 14 Oct 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Employment survey on its way.

Post by nuns »

as a part timer , i hardly ever get to see stuff like this. as tuesday is usually a day off when work place learning happens
BELIAL
Posts: 6758
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
Gender: Female
Location: Nowhere

Employment survey on its way.

Post by BELIAL »

nuns wrote:as a part timer , i hardly ever get to see stuff like this. as tuesday is usually a day off when work place learning happens
Says it all. As a pt'er they make you take every Tuesday off. Jesus wept
Bye
yellowbelly
Posts: 3727
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

Employment survey on its way.

Post by yellowbelly »

POSTMAN wrote:Nope, not online, just remember this tho...
justsayit email wrote:Completion of the survey is not mandatory although we would highly encourage all employees to take the opportunity to give their view.

As this is a work-related survey, employees have been allocated time at work (during their WTLL) to complete the survey, rather than expecting employees to fill in their survey at home in their own time. This process of completing the surveys at work is standard practice in many companies.

Each survey should have been given out in an envelope as part of a pack. Each pack contained the survey itself and a pre-paid envelope with Ipsos MORI’s address for returning the survey once completed. Ipsos MORI is an independent research company conducting the survey on RMG’s behalf.

All employees can be confident that their answers will be treated in complete confidence. Ipsos MORI promises that surveys will never be linked to an individual. Ipsos MORI is a member of the Market Research Society. As a member, they are bound by its Code of Conduct not to identify individual respondents’ views.

Surveys should not have been handed back to managers without being sealed in the pre-paid/pre-addressed envelope. Managers should collect the sealed packs and return them in bulk via recorded delivery to Ipsos MORI (ideally using the bags that they arrived in). If employees specifically wish to, they can take the survey home and complete it and then return it in the post in the pre-paid and pre-addressed envelope direct to Ipsos MORI.

We ask people to take part in the survey so that they can share their views in a fair and consistent way, we also give people the opportunity to do this in a confidential environment. The survey gives people the chance to say what they want without being concerned about people finding out what they individually said. Also, only by surveying everyone in RMG will we get an overall view of what people think and be able to respond to that at a corporate level.

I hope I have provided some reassurance but please let me know if I can help further.

Kind regards

Jane

Jane Ogden
Chairman and Chief Executive Office
JustSayIt
100 Victoria Embankment LONDON EC4Y 0HQ
Postman/TBT - How about this being made a 'Stickie'? Repeated in a Union topic also.