ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

OHS Referal

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
rjay87
Posts: 11
Joined: 31 Mar 2015, 21:28
Gender: Male

OHS Referal

Post by rjay87 »

Hi, as subject says I've got an OHS Referal coming up, just wondered from anyone who's had one recently about what its like? Any advice? Do they have medical records access? Any information at all would be great. Thanks in advance
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

OHS Referal

Post by CPTNemoUK »

Will be honest I won't be any help here. But my personal experience was awful. The women on the phone was a condescending stuck up cow. It felt like she didn't care about me and only royal mail. I told her what the surgeon said to me .(had a hernia op) and I quote she said "that's a load of rubbish it don't take that long too heal". By the end of the conversation I put the phone down and felt like throwing the phone against the wall. :arrrghhh. Hope I never have to deal with them again. Rant over :chuckle :thumbup
General Mannerheim
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2299
Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
Gender: Male
Location: Stalag 17

OHS Referal

Post by General Mannerheim »

rjay87 wrote:Hi, as subject says I've got an OHS Referal coming up, just wondered from anyone who's had one recently about what its like? Any advice? Do they have medical records access? Any information at all would be great. Thanks in advance
Is it a telephone or face to face?
I've had half a dozen encounters with their quacks both through Royal Mail and DWP, most of the Royal Mail ones have been positive experiences and most of the DWP ones have been s**t, including one where I got medically retired off Royal Mail as unfit to do any job, and then a week later found fit to work at the DWP one, my consultant termed it a miracle in my tribunal. :cuppa

Most of the telephone ones have been really s**t, including one after having a major seizure was told by the daft bint that I would be fine to go back to work on the Monday.
Oh and I also have had twice different posties details sent to me when I requested a copy of my referral. :roll:
They don't have access to your medical records unless you give them permission to see them.
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
Sebressa
Posts: 3
Joined: 23 Jul 2018, 23:34
Gender: Female

OHS Referal

Post by Sebressa »

Can I have phone number for OHS
goldy
Posts: 220
Joined: 24 Mar 2009, 13:58
Gender: Male

OHS Referal

Post by goldy »

They are in cahoots with the managers one even told me "ive spoken to your manager"They are there for RM and not you thats what the managers say .The original idea of OH was good but it as been exploited by the managers and any occy nurse worth there salt wouldnt work for them because most of what they do is Unethical.But thankgod we dont get reffered automatically now .I think they just use it to put you on the redudancy pile.In my experience alot of there nurses are liars.
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

OHS Referal

Post by CPTNemoUK »

goldy wrote:They are in cahoots with the managers one even told me "ive spoken to your manager"They are there for RM and not you thats what the managers say .The original idea of OH was good but it as been exploited by the managers and any occy nurse worth there salt wouldnt work for them because most of what they do is Unethical.But thankgod we dont get reffered automatically now .I think they just use it to put you on the redudancy pile.In my experience alot of there nurses are liars.
I agree 100%. When I had a run In with then after a op I had. The guy who did my ok said I could have discomfort for up too 6 months maybe a bit longer. When speaking to OH they basically said that's a load of rubbish. It never takes that long. I was fuming and was arguing with the women and in the end put the phone down. :arrrghhh I will not deal with them again they can do one.
hothothot
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 422
Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
Gender: Male

OHS Referal

Post by hothothot »

I've had a referral recently. They basically read from a script off a computer, they ask about medication your on, about a rehab plan if applicable, and about your illness. remember they are being paid by royal mail and Thier job is to get you back to work as soon as possible. They also want to now about any doctors or hospital appointments. They will send you a copy of Thier appraisal. Remember if you're doctors signed you off with a fit note then stick by it no matter what oh assist say.