ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Leave Slots no more school holiday slots left can I apply for unpaid leave
-
Stammerking
- Posts: 208
- Joined: 09 Dec 2007, 20:58
Leave Slots no more school holiday slots left can I apply for unpaid leave
Due 6 weeks holiday and have managed to get 3 weeks in school holidays I still have 2 weeks to pick but there are no slots left. In a position to take unpaid leave but will need to be in school holidays were do I stand ? My wife will book alternate weeks but will still leave us with several weeks not covered
-
Destiny
- Posts: 200
- Joined: 29 Dec 2010, 10:18
- Gender: Male
- Location: North
Leave Slots no more school holiday slots left can I apply for unpaid leave
Parental leave. Upto 18 weeks each child upto 18th birthday. No more than 4 weeks in 1 year.
Think it's 21 days notice in writing.
Think it's 21 days notice in writing.
-
joewyan
- Posts: 382
- Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
- Gender: Male
Leave Slots no more school holiday slots left can I apply for unpaid leave
Sorry to say I’m not sure where you stand with this but to expect all of your weeks holiday in the school holidays is not realist with RM. People without children also like some of these times of year too so there will never be enough slots, I think you did well to get three weeks.Stammerking wrote:Due 6 weeks holiday and have managed to get 3 weeks in school holidays I still have 2 weeks to pick but there are no slots left. In a position to take unpaid leave but will need to be in school holidays were do I stand ? My wife will book alternate weeks but will still leave us with several weeks not covered
-
Stammerking
- Posts: 208
- Joined: 09 Dec 2007, 20:58
Leave Slots no more school holiday slots left can I apply for unpaid leave
The most annoying thing is people get other posties who have not got school age children to pick weeks in the school holidays and swop them at a later date so they get all their holidays they want obviously damaging the chances of getting a decent amount of weeks :thumb down .DOM knows about it but turns a blind eye !
-
scoobymunster
- Posts: 346
- Joined: 30 Mar 2011, 00:39
- Gender: Male
Leave Slots no more school holiday slots left can I apply for unpaid leave
To be fair, regardless of whether someone has kids or not, most people want a summer holiday. How many people do you know want to work the entire time we may get some sunshine? You've done well getting the 3 weeks.Stammerking wrote:The most annoying thing is people get other posties who have not got school age children to pick weeks in the school holidays and swop them at a later date so they get all their holidays they want obviously damaging the chances of getting a decent amount of weeks :thumb down .DOM knows about it but turns a blind eye !
-
Costas6969
- Posts: 25
- Joined: 08 Dec 2017, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Leave Slots no more school holiday slots left can I apply for unpaid leave
Is it not possible to take unpaid leave?
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Leave Slots no more school holiday slots left can I apply for unpaid leave
Yes but there still has to be an available week/s on the holiday list to be able to book it. Or if it is in the period that RM calls the summer then additional week slots can be opened then that work can be done unpaid/absorbed by the remaining posties.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Leave Slots no more school holiday slots left can I apply for unpaid leave
What makes things worse. The union rep in my office is on leave this week (half term). But is working it also. So he has used a school holiday week up, possibly stopping another member of staff having time off with there kids. 
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3727
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Leave Slots no more school holiday slots left can I apply for unpaid leave
How the hell is this happening? On leave but working at the same time?CPTNemoUK wrote:What makes things worse. The union rep in my office is on leave this week (half term). But is working it also. So he has used a school holiday week up, possibly stopping another member of staff having time off with there kids.
-
jd9442
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 22 Apr 2017, 20:57
- Gender: Male
Leave Slots no more school holiday slots left can I apply for unpaid leave
People on holiday come in and do overtime in my office too lol
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Leave Slots no more school holiday slots left can I apply for unpaid leave
It's not allowed in RM to come in and work on an annual leave week off. Well you can but as you aren't there as far as the system is concerned you can't be paid. You can have the time in lieu though.CPTNemoUK wrote:What makes things worse. The union rep in my office is on leave this week (half term). But is working it also. So he has used a school holiday week up, possibly stopping another member of staff having time off with there kids.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
korky
- Posts: 797
- Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28
Leave Slots no more school holiday slots left can I apply for unpaid leave
this practice stinks and a rep should know better and he needs reporting to cwu, though it will be said his leave was changed to a later date and not on holidayyellowbelly wrote:How the hell is this happening? On leave but working at the same time?CPTNemoUK wrote:What makes things worse. The union rep in my office is on leave this week (half term). But is working it also. So he has used a school holiday week up, possibly stopping another member of staff having time off with there kids.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Leave Slots no more school holiday slots left can I apply for unpaid leave
It might be their wally weekCelgar wrote:It's not allowed in RM to come in and work on an annual leave week off. Well you can but as you aren't there as far as the system is concerned you can't be paid. You can have the time in lieu though.CPTNemoUK wrote:What makes things worse. The union rep in my office is on leave this week (half term). But is working it also. So he has used a school holiday week up, possibly stopping another member of staff having time off with there kids.
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Leave Slots no more school holiday slots left can I apply for unpaid leave
Don't have a wally week at my office. Even though there is a few wallys working thereSpacePhoenix wrote:It might be their wally weekCelgar wrote:It's not allowed in RM to come in and work on an annual leave week off. Well you can but as you aren't there as far as the system is concerned you can't be paid. You can have the time in lieu though.CPTNemoUK wrote:What makes things worse. The union rep in my office is on leave this week (half term). But is working it also. So he has used a school holiday week up, possibly stopping another member of staff having time off with there kids.
-
GRS
- Posts: 826
- Joined: 15 Jun 2015, 18:38
- Gender: Female
- Location: South West
Leave Slots no more school holiday slots left can I apply for unpaid leave
IF someone comes in and works when on A/L they can’t be paid. If they are cancelling the leave to take at another time then that week they have vacated should be put up on the board for someone else to pick.