ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Unwanted Round

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
mrdazjones
Posts: 3
Joined: 07 Feb 2018, 21:11
Gender: Male

Unwanted Round

Post by mrdazjones »

Can I be forced to sign for a round I really don't want? There's a round been advertised in our office for a while now which nobody wants. I know it quite well but hate it. The boss put on the last advert that if no-one took it it would be given to a reserve, which has me thinking it will be me. The round is for 30 hours but I'm still only on a 25 hour contract. Is there anything I can do should I be "offered" it?
I_Take_My_Breaks
Posts: 55
Joined: 07 Feb 2014, 09:13
Gender: Male

Unwanted Round

Post by I_Take_My_Breaks »

mrdazjones wrote:Can I be forced to sign for a round I really don't want? There's a round been advertised in our office for a while now which nobody wants. I know it quite well but hate it. The boss put on the last advert that if no-one took it it would be given to a reserve, which has me thinking it will be me. The round is for 30 hours but I'm still only on a 25 hour contract. Is there anything I can do should I be "offered" it?
If no one signs for it, you can't be forced to sign for the round. You can be put on that round everyday if the DOM wishes so for operational reasons. But you have a very good get out clause. It's a 30 hour contract and you're only contracted to 25 hours. Just work your hours and cut off every day. The DOM will soon get the message and give it to someone else.
mrdazjones
Posts: 3
Joined: 07 Feb 2018, 21:11
Gender: Male

Unwanted Round

Post by mrdazjones »

I_Take_My_Breaks wrote: If no one signs for it, you can't be forced to sign for the round. You can be put on that round everyday if the DOM wishes so for operational reasons. But you have a very good get out clause. It's a 30 hour contract and you're only contracted to 25 hours. Just work your hours and cut off every day. The DOM will soon get the message and give it to someone else.
Thanks
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

Unwanted Round

Post by Creditshampoo »

Yea great advice in cutting off. Stick with it and he will fold.
terry2972
Posts: 482
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
Gender: Male

Unwanted Round

Post by terry2972 »

Or he might get someone else to prep it leaving you time to deliver it that’s what they did with me when I was on a 30hr contract walk
Spedley
Posts: 1209
Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 17:32
Location: Warwickshire

Unwanted Round

Post by Spedley »

You could always try for a 4 day week. Some DOMS quite like that, perhaps if you do Wednesday to Saturday, they can absorb it on Tuesday and cover it with a floater on Monday.
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

Unwanted Round

Post by Creditshampoo »

terry2972 wrote:Or he might get someone else to prep it leaving you time to deliver it that’s what they did with me when I was on a 30hr contract walk
They tied that with me. The amount of mail brought back was incredible .