ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Dog bite number 3

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Lou84
Posts: 162
Joined: 09 May 2012, 21:42
Gender: Female

Dog bite number 3

Post by Lou84 »

I suffered my third dog bite on Wednesday whilst out on delivery, wasn't at a customers address just in the street, lady was picking up dog mess as I walked past dog bite me.
Has been reported at work, to the police and the local dog warden.
Debating about claiming, but in two minds.
It was actually a fairly young girl, presumably walking the dog for parents so I do wonder if she's even told them what happened. She did seem shocked at the time.

Any advice ?
DGH
Posts: 710
Joined: 13 Dec 2014, 18:04
Gender: Male
Location: Neither here nor there

Dog bite number 3

Post by DGH »

Do what you think is right.
Mobey
Posts: 291
Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 11:54
Gender: Male

Dog bite number 3

Post by Mobey »

It could have been the first dog bite or could have been one of the numerous times...

Either way something needs to be done about it.

Hope you're okay.
jd9442
Posts: 218
Joined: 22 Apr 2017, 20:57
Gender: Male

Dog bite number 3

Post by jd9442 »

If you claim won’t they be covered by insurance?
Or do they have to pay out of their own pocket
twoloops
Posts: 2036
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

Dog bite number 3

Post by twoloops »

Could be a child next time insist the dog is put down, milk it have a month or two off work, shock & trauma :dance
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Dog bite number 3

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

jd9442 wrote:If you claim won’t they be covered by insurance?
Or do they have to pay out of their own pocket
Both. Most insurances will cover the pet, but if they have no insurance........
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

Dog bite number 3

Post by Brandy »

Even if you have reported it at work,most likely it will be brushed under the carpet unless your face fits,as it effects the greedy managers bonus.I know from experience! :shhhhh
bmccoll
Posts: 190
Joined: 21 Sep 2015, 22:19
Gender: Male

Dog bite number 3

Post by bmccoll »

Lou84 wrote:I suffered my third dog bite on Wednesday whilst out on delivery, wasn't at a customers address just in the street, lady was picking up dog mess as I walked past dog bite me.
Has been reported at work, to the police and the local dog warden.
Debating about claiming, but in two minds.
It was actually a fairly young girl, presumably walking the dog for parents so I do wonder if she's even told them what happened. She did seem shocked at the time.

Any advice ?
If you were on duty and on the street where you were meant to be I can't see a problem in claiming. Whether you get any compensation is a differen't matter! :sad: