ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Great Week Ahead...

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
postm@np@t
Posts: 25
Joined: 04 Jun 2012, 09:49
Gender: Male

Great Week Ahead...

Post by postm@np@t »

Really looking forward to delivering next weeks D2Ds - one of them is BT Telephone directories - hours of fun lugging them around all day :dance
The locals who used to deliver them for pin money will be peed off methinks as well as yours truly.
Gummage
Posts: 72
Joined: 02 Oct 2017, 15:37
Gender: Male

Great Week Ahead...

Post by Gummage »

postm@np@t wrote:Really looking forward to delivering next weeks D2Ds - one of them is BT Telephone directories - hours of fun lugging them around all day :dance
The locals who used to deliver them for pin money will be peed off methinks as well as yours truly.
f**k me.
Izzy wizzy, let's get busy!
Spedley
Posts: 1209
Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 17:32
Location: Warwickshire

Great Week Ahead...

Post by Spedley »

I spoke to someone delivering Yellow pages and he said that was the last round - no more hard copies, ever!
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

Great Week Ahead...

Post by rambo1 »

postm@np@t wrote:Really looking forward to delivering next weeks D2Ds - one of them is BT Telephone directories - hours of fun lugging them around all day :dance
The locals who used to deliver them for pin money will be peed off methinks as well as yours truly.
So, have you got to try a neighbor or doorstep or 739 em lol.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Great Week Ahead...

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Spedley wrote:I spoke to someone delivering Yellow pages and he said that was the last round - no more hard copies, ever!
I saw that in the nes a few weeks back. It wouldn't surprise me to see BT either axe the printed directories or cut them down to cover just a select range of business types (electricians, plumbers - the sorts of trades that you might need in an emergency)
Judgee
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2262
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18

Great Week Ahead...

Post by Judgee »

When we had to deliver free energy saver light bulbs a few years back we had a few that 739 them! :nana
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
Pidleypoo
Posts: 705
Joined: 17 Dec 2014, 10:05
Gender: Male

Great Week Ahead...

Post by Pidleypoo »

Judgee wrote:When we had to deliver free energy saver light bulbs a few years back we had a few that 739 them! :nana
I remember doing that, had sacks full of them for ages
hazzeem025
Posts: 280
Joined: 11 Oct 2009, 18:09
Gender: Male

Great Week Ahead...

Post by hazzeem025 »

I've got 32 bundles of them under my bench!
walkthewalk
Posts: 220
Joined: 29 Mar 2011, 12:37
Gender: Male

Great Week Ahead...

Post by walkthewalk »

hazzeem025 wrote:I've got 32 bundles of them under my bench!

Show off :roll:
mdm
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 209
Joined: 17 Mar 2010, 15:44
Gender: Male

Great Week Ahead...

Post by mdm »

hazzeem025 wrote:I've got 32 bundles of them under my bench!
Ah, the good old days, sometimes I miss being a postie, but only sometimes :Very Happy
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

Great Week Ahead...

Post by Brandy »

mdm wrote:
hazzeem025 wrote:I've got 32 bundles of them under my bench!
Ah, the good old days, sometimes I miss being a postie, but only sometimes :Very Happy
Ditto!! :Very Happy
LouBarlow
Posts: 4709
Joined: 15 Oct 2007, 18:56

Great Week Ahead...

Post by LouBarlow »

I tend to find the more obscurely shaped D2Ds more annoying. Recently we had some Subway ones that were ridiculously long and thin - the ones that weren't left in the frame, were dropped at every other call, once on the streets. Whoever signs these designs off needs shooting. :oops:
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

Great Week Ahead...

Post by CPTNemoUK »

LouBarlow wrote:I tend to find the more obscurely shaped D2Ds more annoying. Recently we had some Subway ones that were ridiculously long and thin - the ones that weren't left in the frame, were dropped at every other call, once on the streets. Whoever signs these designs off needs shooting. :oops:
Also If there Is a pen in them and I hate dominoes ones. Were you end up with loads of paper cuts on your hands if your not careful :arrrghhh