If I leave the company now, would I lose our on the backdated pay?
Also, if I was to leave, I have 13 days annual leave from last year, and around 20 from this year. Would I be entitled to have this paid out?
Thanks
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
if i leave now
-
midegarelu
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 414
- Joined: 12 Sep 2009, 07:09
- Gender: Male
- Location: somewhere over the rainbow
if i leave now
1) Probably
2) In normal circumstances only 5 days can be carried forward.
How on earth you managed to carry that much over needs addressing.
Personally speaking I can't see them paying out all of what you are owed, you would be better off taking what's owed before you leave.
3) Speak to your rep.
2) In normal circumstances only 5 days can be carried forward.
How on earth you managed to carry that much over needs addressing.
Personally speaking I can't see them paying out all of what you are owed, you would be better off taking what's owed before you leave.
3) Speak to your rep.
"We employ you so we can sack you"
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
if i leave now
Case like this went to tribunal where Royal Mail demanded they take all holiday before they could officially resign.midegarelu wrote:1) Probably
2) In normal circumstances only 5 days can be carried forward.
How on earth you managed to carry that much over needs addressing.
Personally speaking I can't see them paying out all of what you are owed, you would be better off taking what's owed before you leave.
3) Speak to your rep.
The OPG won, and was paid all holiday owed.
Think that manager was clueless, but yes you can be paid holiday you’re owed if you leave.
-
Nigel1505
- Posts: 409
- Joined: 10 Jun 2010, 08:24
- Gender: Male
if i leave now
if you are owed holiday you will be paid regardless of carryover, its the law, may not be RM law, but its UK Employment law which has precedence. 
-
Andy_07
- Posts: 60
- Joined: 07 Feb 2011, 22:03
- Gender: Male
if i leave now
Guy in my work reckons we are getting a 5% backdated payment but he's not sure how far back the backdated payment is and when we are due it
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
if i leave now
1 OctAndy_07 wrote:Guy in my work reckons we are getting a 5% backdated payment but he's not sure how far back the backdated payment is and when we are due it
After the ballot to accept.
Though its all over WTL, RMTV and here so surprised he missed it.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Andy_07
- Posts: 60
- Joined: 07 Feb 2011, 22:03
- Gender: Male
if i leave now
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:1 OctAndy_07 wrote:Guy in my work reckons we are getting a 5% backdated payment but he's not sure how far back the backdated payment is and when we are due it
After the ballot to accept.
Though its all over WTL, RMTV and here so surprised he missed it.
Never seen anything on here , Got a link please ?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
if i leave now
to the actual agreement which has all the details https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 10#p798710" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
if i leave now
The pay rise is backdated from October 2017 in the proposal/agreement.Andy_07 wrote:Guy in my work reckons we are getting a 5% backdated payment but he's not sure how far back the backdated payment is and when we are due it
If you care about your job, and you should, please take the time to read the pre-ballot proposal agreement PDF which is linked on a reply here. Don't just read the inevitable propaganda and throw your vote away.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.