ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

bit worried

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
comeracing
Posts: 806
Joined: 28 Nov 2010, 20:58
Gender: Male

bit worried

Post by comeracing »

Been slogging the streets for 23 years for this wonderful caring company,i know a few lads who have had to have ops on there knees,due to wear and tear in this job,but I want to know anybody on delivery ever had trouble with there hips,im only in my mid forties,but ive felt very uncomfortable today with pain in my right hip,coming and going,booked in at docs but cant get seen for 2 weeks,anyone had the same,im a bit concerned to be honest.
Judgee
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2262
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18

bit worried

Post by Judgee »

Don't assume the worst. There are a million things that can cause this and in most cases it's temporary or easy to fix! :hmmmm
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

bit worried

Post by NewPostieUK »

comeracing wrote:Been slogging the streets for 23 years for this wonderful caring company,i know a few lads who have had to have ops on there knees,due to wear and tear in this job,but I want to know anybody on delivery ever had trouble with there hips,im only in my mid forties,but ive felt very uncomfortable today with pain in my right hip,coming and going,booked in at docs but cant get seen for 2 weeks,anyone had the same,im a bit concerned to be honest.
Lad in his 30's had a hip replacement, off for 6 months.

I have a problem with my right hip, but it seemed to ease when I started using a trolley. Also, the pain in my feet and knees means the hip just gets forgotten about.
TheTrolleyMan
Posts: 776
Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 15:39
Gender: Male

bit worried

Post by TheTrolleyMan »

I used to get a lot of hip pain but it's a lot better since I've started using my trolley
farstrider
Posts: 41
Joined: 24 Nov 2011, 17:45
Gender: Male

bit worried

Post by farstrider »

have arthritus in knees and also hip probs now but like other ppl say using the trolley is so slow but for me it doesnt make everything hurt as much.ok the trolley pulls ur shoulders.but all in all its better than carrying a pouch.im 53 y/o 29 yrs serv
Newbie001
Posts: 474
Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
Gender: Male

bit worried

Post by Newbie001 »

I get hip pain if my shoes are anything older than three months. Most likely sciatica in my case and can be caused by poor support from shoes. Trying to get new shoes more often than every 6-8 months that's another story.
walkthewalk
Posts: 220
Joined: 29 Mar 2011, 12:37
Gender: Male

bit worried

Post by walkthewalk »

I've got a pain in the neck, aka DOM/Lino's :whistle
smileski
Posts: 185
Joined: 16 Aug 2007, 17:38

bit worried

Post by smileski »

Shoes are key to a lot of the aches and pains that I was getting, I now make sure I have new ones every 6-8 weeks. I also have a brand new pair of gel insoles for every new pair of shoes. I would also recommend drinking plenty of water and a daily dose of cod liver oil.
All of the above have definitely helped me.