The locals who used to deliver them for pin money will be peed off methinks as well as yours truly.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Great Week Ahead...
-
postm@np@t
- Posts: 25
- Joined: 04 Jun 2012, 09:49
- Gender: Male
Great Week Ahead...
Really looking forward to delivering next weeks D2Ds - one of them is BT Telephone directories - hours of fun lugging them around all day 
The locals who used to deliver them for pin money will be peed off methinks as well as yours truly.
The locals who used to deliver them for pin money will be peed off methinks as well as yours truly.
-
Gummage
- Posts: 72
- Joined: 02 Oct 2017, 15:37
- Gender: Male
Great Week Ahead...
f**k me.postm@np@t wrote:Really looking forward to delivering next weeks D2Ds - one of them is BT Telephone directories - hours of fun lugging them around all day
The locals who used to deliver them for pin money will be peed off methinks as well as yours truly.
Izzy wizzy, let's get busy!
-
Spedley
- Posts: 1209
- Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 17:32
- Location: Warwickshire
Great Week Ahead...
I spoke to someone delivering Yellow pages and he said that was the last round - no more hard copies, ever!
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Great Week Ahead...
So, have you got to try a neighbor or doorstep or 739 em lol.postm@np@t wrote:Really looking forward to delivering next weeks D2Ds - one of them is BT Telephone directories - hours of fun lugging them around all day
The locals who used to deliver them for pin money will be peed off methinks as well as yours truly.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Great Week Ahead...
I saw that in the nes a few weeks back. It wouldn't surprise me to see BT either axe the printed directories or cut them down to cover just a select range of business types (electricians, plumbers - the sorts of trades that you might need in an emergency)Spedley wrote:I spoke to someone delivering Yellow pages and he said that was the last round - no more hard copies, ever!
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Great Week Ahead...
When we had to deliver free energy saver light bulbs a few years back we had a few that 739 them! 
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
Pidleypoo
- Posts: 705
- Joined: 17 Dec 2014, 10:05
- Gender: Male
Great Week Ahead...
I remember doing that, had sacks full of them for agesJudgee wrote:When we had to deliver free energy saver light bulbs a few years back we had a few that 739 them!
-
hazzeem025
- Posts: 280
- Joined: 11 Oct 2009, 18:09
- Gender: Male
Great Week Ahead...
I've got 32 bundles of them under my bench!
-
walkthewalk
- Posts: 220
- Joined: 29 Mar 2011, 12:37
- Gender: Male
Great Week Ahead...
hazzeem025 wrote:I've got 32 bundles of them under my bench!
Show off
-
mdm
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 209
- Joined: 17 Mar 2010, 15:44
- Gender: Male
Great Week Ahead...
Ah, the good old days, sometimes I miss being a postie, but only sometimeshazzeem025 wrote:I've got 32 bundles of them under my bench!
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Great Week Ahead...
Ditto!!mdm wrote:Ah, the good old days, sometimes I miss being a postie, but only sometimeshazzeem025 wrote:I've got 32 bundles of them under my bench!
-
LouBarlow
- Posts: 4709
- Joined: 15 Oct 2007, 18:56
Great Week Ahead...
I tend to find the more obscurely shaped D2Ds more annoying. Recently we had some Subway ones that were ridiculously long and thin - the ones that weren't left in the frame, were dropped at every other call, once on the streets. Whoever signs these designs off needs shooting. 
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Great Week Ahead...
Also If there Is a pen in them and I hate dominoes ones. Were you end up with loads of paper cuts on your hands if your not carefulLouBarlow wrote:I tend to find the more obscurely shaped D2Ds more annoying. Recently we had some Subway ones that were ridiculously long and thin - the ones that weren't left in the frame, were dropped at every other call, once on the streets. Whoever signs these designs off needs shooting.