ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Inter Office Transfer

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
mrdazjones
Posts: 3
Joined: 07 Feb 2018, 21:11
Gender: Male

Inter Office Transfer

Post by mrdazjones »

Does anyone know the correct procedure for transferring from one office to another? I asked for a transfer to my local DO a few months ago and it was agreed by both managers, only for me to be told that HR had put the blockers on it due to incorrect procedure being followed. My manager then tells me I have to apply for the vacancy online, which I have done twice only to receive emails saying I was unsuccessful, and despite my efforts I've not been able to contact anyone for feedback as to why. I am trying to transfer because my wife suffers from mental and physical health issues, she is registered disabled and I am her registered carer. I'm currently working in a DO 15 miles/30 mins from home. I'm on a part time 25 hour a week contract and have been since Jul 2016. My manager is no help and the union rep has saught advice from up the chain but can't get a reply from them.

Any help appreciated.
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Inter Office Transfer

Post by Celgar »

I think if there is a job available in another office you have to go through the same application procedure as anyone else off the street as it were. I believe you even have to go through the interview process but the security checks etc don't have to be done because you are in RM already. In short its not necessarily a done deal that you would get the job which is a little silly.
Our office had a full time and a four day delivery job available. We eventually got the four day position filled but the full time job is still available. Several Postie's from other offices are known to want to transfer to our office but as most offices are short staffed they can't seemingly get released. We now have that full time position plus another full time position available. The suspicion is that DOMs in other offices nearby are not passing on the info that we have jobs available. I think 20 people have no applied 'off the street' for interviews for the jobs. There is a tendency for unsuitable people or people who can't read & write to apply so we aren't holding our breath and won't be surprised if it takes months to get two more full timers.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.