ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

20 years service.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
suz67
Posts: 105
Joined: 10 Mar 2010, 15:36
Gender: Male

20 years service.

Post by suz67 »

Hi all,can anyone tell me what you get for 20 years service? Just received a pin badge that looks like it came out of a lucky bag,you cannot believe the size of the box it came in,if that’s it,stuff it straight in the bin,don’t know why rm bother. :Applause :crazy:
Your late today
Posts: 57
Joined: 09 Oct 2017, 13:37
Gender: Male

20 years service.

Post by Your late today »

1 year after my 20 year service they offered a meal and 1 free drink, they hold it when there are enough staff between all the 20, 30, year service awards. And you get to shake hands with senior managers :nana :nana
suz67
Posts: 105
Joined: 10 Mar 2010, 15:36
Gender: Male

20 years service.

Post by suz67 »

:crazy: if that’s it don’t think I’ll bother,lol.
stevenshm
Posts: 73
Joined: 28 Aug 2007, 13:48

20 years service.

Post by stevenshm »

If you were buying extra leave you now get the full amount of leave for free to take it to the full allowance
comeracing
Posts: 806
Joined: 28 Nov 2010, 20:58
Gender: Male

20 years service.

Post by comeracing »

suz67 wrote:Hi all,can anyone tell me what you get for 20 years service? Just received a pin badge that looks like it came out of a lucky bag,you cannot believe the size of the box it came in,if that’s it,stuff it straight in the bin,don’t know why rm bother. :Applause :crazy:
I got exactly the same last year.nice to know ow we are so much appreciated
noggin1969
Posts: 1321
Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 17:28
Gender: Male

20 years service.

Post by noggin1969 »

It's not much better for you're 30th , them 10 yrs will fly by due to the anticipation :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

20 years service.

Post by Brandy »

suz67 wrote:Hi all,can anyone tell me what you get for 20 years service? Just received a pin badge that looks like it came out of a lucky bag,you cannot believe the size of the box it came in,if that’s it,stuff it straight in the bin,don’t know why rm bother. :Applause :crazy:
Bet you are glad you stopped for 20 years then! Its great to feel so valued!
Just think what I have missed out on after 19 years service when I left RM. I am gutted! :chuckle
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

20 years service.

Post by k979aaa »

Brandy wrote:
suz67 wrote:Hi all,can anyone tell me what you get for 20 years service? Just received a pin badge that looks like it came out of a lucky bag,you cannot believe the size of the box it came in,if that’s it,stuff it straight in the bin,don’t know why rm bother. :Applause :crazy:
Bet you are glad you stopped for 20 years then! Its great to feel so valued!
Just think what I have missed out on after 19 years service when I left RM. I am gutted! :chuckle
Probably a bad back knackered knees and a shredded head got 30 years in myself I have all.
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

20 years service.

Post by Brandy »

Your late today wrote:1 year after my 20 year service they offered a meal and 1 free drink, they hold it when there are enough staff between all the 20, 30, year service awards. And you get to shake hands with senior managers :nana :nana
Bet that was exciting!! :chuckle
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

20 years service.

Post by k979aaa »

Brandy wrote:
Your late today wrote:1 year after my 20 year service they offered a meal and 1 free drink, they hold it when there are enough staff between all the 20, 30, year service awards. And you get to shake hands with senior managers :nana :nana
Bet that was exciting!! :chuckle
They do wipe the blood of their hands after back stabbing you and the other managers before they shake your hand though just don't look in their eye's just £ £ in each of them!
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

20 years service.

Post by Brandy »

k979aaa wrote:
Brandy wrote:
Your late today wrote:1 year after my 20 year service they offered a meal and 1 free drink, they hold it when there are enough staff between all the 20, 30, year service awards. And you get to shake hands with senior managers :nana :nana
Bet that was exciting!! :chuckle
They do wipe the blood of their hands after back stabbing you and the other managers before they shake your hand though just don't look in their eye's just £ £ in each of them!
Just think I escaped,sorry missed this wonderful experience by leaving a year too early to get an invite!! :dance :dance
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

20 years service.

Post by Celgar »

Yeah um. Pin badge and I think a year after a meal and a drink. Might get a catalogue as well at that time to choose a free gift. Although that catalogue thing might have been stopped now. I'm not sure........
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

20 years service.

Post by aiden01 »

Celgar wrote:Yeah um. Pin badge and I think a year after a meal and a drink. Might get a catalogue as well at that time to choose a free gift. Although that catalogue thing might have been stopped now. I'm not sure........
Tat stopped 2 or 3yrs ago
darlo2004
Posts: 1
Joined: 08 Nov 2013, 13:09
Gender: Male

20 years service.

Post by darlo2004 »

Got invited to meal and 1/2 bottle of wine, although you can buy a pint at the bar for £6 if you want. Total pish I’d rather spend my time with friends and not arseholes you have to put up with at work.
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

20 years service.

Post by Brandy »

Celgar wrote:Yeah um. Pin badge and I think a year after a meal and a drink. Might get a catalogue as well at that time to choose a free gift. Although that catalogue thing might have been stopped now. I'm not sure........
You soon wont get a pin badge,just a smile off a manager and thats only if they have wind! :roll: