If everyone was to refuse to partake in the Employee survey.
We've heard nothing from the past few - I take it they struggled to put a positive spin on it.
I don't suppose anyone has the text that shows participation is not compulsary? A fair few in the office were surprised to hear they were not required to fill one out
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Wouldn't it be a shame
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Wouldn't it be a shame
These things should be sent to your house not made to fill them in before a manager or managers one poster on here said they were made to fill them in two at a time in front of a manager this is like a criminal investigation the only thing missing would be signing it as a confession!weary_posty wrote:If everyone was to refuse to partake in the Employee survey.
We've heard nothing from the past few - I take it they struggled to put a positive spin on it.
I don't suppose anyone has the text that shows participation is not compulsary? A fair few in the office were surprised to hear they were not required to fill one out
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32798
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Wouldn't it be a shame
justsayit email wrote:Completion of the survey is not mandatory although we would highly encourage all employees to take the opportunity to give their view.
As this is a work-related survey, employees have been allocated time at work (during their WTLL) to complete the survey, rather than expecting employees to fill in their survey at home in their own time. This process of completing the surveys at work is standard practice in many companies.
Each survey should have been given out in an envelope as part of a pack. Each pack contained the survey itself and a pre-paid envelope with Ipsos MORI’s address for returning the survey once completed. Ipsos MORI is an independent research company conducting the survey on RMG’s behalf.
All employees can be confident that their answers will be treated in complete confidence. Ipsos MORI promises that surveys will never be linked to an individual. Ipsos MORI is a member of the Market Research Society. As a member, they are bound by its Code of Conduct not to identify individual respondents’ views.
Surveys should not have been handed back to managers without being sealed in the pre-paid/pre-addressed envelope. Managers should collect the sealed packs and return them in bulk via recorded delivery to Ipsos MORI (ideally using the bags that they arrived in). If employees specifically wish to, they can take the survey home and complete it and then return it in the post in the pre-paid and pre-addressed envelope direct to Ipsos MORI.
We ask people to take part in the survey so that they can share their views in a fair and consistent way, we also give people the opportunity to do this in a confidential environment. The survey gives people the chance to say what they want without being concerned about people finding out what they individually said. Also, only by surveying everyone in RMG will we get an overall view of what people think and be able to respond to that at a corporate level.
I hope I have provided some reassurance but please let me know if I can help further.
Kind regards
Jane
Jane Ogden
Chairman and Chief Executive Office
JustSayIt
100 Victoria Embankment LONDON EC4Y 0HQ
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Wouldn't it be a shame
I do nothing work related at home. When I leave work at end of shift, I LEAVE work!k979aaa wrote:These things should be sent to your house not made to fill them in before a manager or managers one poster on here said they were made to fill them in two at a time in front of a manager this is like a criminal investigation the only thing missing would be signing it as a confession!weary_posty wrote:If everyone was to refuse to partake in the Employee survey.
We've heard nothing from the past few - I take it they struggled to put a positive spin on it.
I don't suppose anyone has the text that shows participation is not compulsary? A fair few in the office were surprised to hear they were not required to fill one out
-
WOBBLY
- Posts: 362
- Joined: 27 Apr 2012, 13:19
- Gender: Male
Wouldn't it be a shame
I just pop it in the envelope blank!
-
weary_posty
- Posts: 225
- Joined: 01 Jul 2011, 15:08
- Gender: Male
Wouldn't it be a shame
Thank you!POSTMAN wrote:justsayit email wrote:Completion of the survey is not mandatory although we would highly encourage all employees to take the opportunity to give their view.
As this is a work-related survey, employees have been allocated time at work (during their WTLL) to complete the survey, rather than expecting employees to fill in their survey at home in their own time. This process of completing the surveys at work is standard practice in many companies.
Each survey should have been given out in an envelope as part of a pack. Each pack contained the survey itself and a pre-paid envelope with Ipsos MORI’s address for returning the survey once completed. Ipsos MORI is an independent research company conducting the survey on RMG’s behalf.
All employees can be confident that their answers will be treated in complete confidence. Ipsos MORI promises that surveys will never be linked to an individual. Ipsos MORI is a member of the Market Research Society. As a member, they are bound by its Code of Conduct not to identify individual respondents’ views.
Surveys should not have been handed back to managers without being sealed in the pre-paid/pre-addressed envelope. Managers should collect the sealed packs and return them in bulk via recorded delivery to Ipsos MORI (ideally using the bags that they arrived in). If employees specifically wish to, they can take the survey home and complete it and then return it in the post in the pre-paid and pre-addressed envelope direct to Ipsos MORI.
We ask people to take part in the survey so that they can share their views in a fair and consistent way, we also give people the opportunity to do this in a confidential environment. The survey gives people the chance to say what they want without being concerned about people finding out what they individually said. Also, only by surveying everyone in RMG will we get an overall view of what people think and be able to respond to that at a corporate level.
I hope I have provided some reassurance but please let me know if I can help further.
Kind regards
Jane
Jane Ogden
Chairman and Chief Executive Office
JustSayIt
100 Victoria Embankment LONDON EC4Y 0HQ
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Wouldn't it be a shame
Unfortunately I believe that counts as a response, better to not fill the thing in,in the first instance, would anyone notice the difference given the pathetic lack of change that happens post survey.WOBBLY wrote:I just pop it in the envelope blank!
-
mjt120
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 53
- Joined: 26 Oct 2015, 18:49
- Gender: Male
Wouldn't it be a shame
WOBBLY wrote:I just pop it in the envelope blank!
-
weary_posty
- Posts: 225
- Joined: 01 Jul 2011, 15:08
- Gender: Male
Wouldn't it be a shame
I use mine to get the fire going.
I always make sure I take one also! A few years back one of our managers was said to have filled out a fair few from people on leave.
I always make sure I take one also! A few years back one of our managers was said to have filled out a fair few from people on leave.
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4197
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Wouldn't it be a shame
Many tend to post their survey in the bin. But don't worry as it will then be collected by management when everyone has left the room. Thats when you know how important you completing these surveys are for our managers rather than it is for you.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
walkthewalk
- Posts: 220
- Joined: 29 Mar 2011, 12:37
- Gender: Male
Wouldn't it be a shame
Cannot wait to fill mine in with the truth of what my office is all about which seems very similar to many more offices going off what I have read on this site 