ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Holiday entitlement confusion!
-
Cmcf96
- Posts: 14
- Joined: 27 Jul 2017, 02:04
- Gender: Male
Holiday entitlement confusion!
Hi guys need your help as I'm really confused, I started last August on a part time 24 hour contract, i signed for my holidays in November thinking that it would be 2018 that I would get this time off, it turns out holidays are done a year in advance. I'm not entitled to any holidays this year, is this right !?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Holiday entitlement confusion!
No you are entitled, August to March would give you roughly 3/4 of a years entitlement.Cmcf96 wrote:Hi guys need your help as I'm really confused, I started last August on a part time 24 hour contract, i signed for my holidays in November thinking that it would be 2018 that I would get this time off, it turns out holidays are done a year in advance. I'm not entitled to any holidays this year, is this right !?
Go to your rep, and ask him to come with you to your Manager, and then ask your manager when you can take your STATUTORY leave. I emboldened statutory because that means they can't refuse it.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male
Holiday entitlement confusion!
l
Last edited by 97gaz on 14 Dec 2019, 15:45, edited 1 time in total.
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Holiday entitlement confusion!
Can someone confirm what my annual leave entitlement should be, I've managed to lose track of it following a career break , transfer and numerous changes to my hours and I don't trust 'the system' to give me an accurate answer...
16 years service
30 hours per week over 5 days
POAL of £8.72 per week
Thanks in advance!
16 years service
30 hours per week over 5 days
POAL of £8.72 per week
Thanks in advance!
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Holiday entitlement confusion!
^^ Anyone?
Surely someone can give me an idea of what leave entitlement I should get on 30 hrs with £8.72 POAL?
Surely someone can give me an idea of what leave entitlement I should get on 30 hrs with £8.72 POAL?
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Holiday entitlement confusion!
Should imagine it would be what a 30 hour contract would be that depends upon time served as well as for POAL what ever that is not a chance more than your contractual hours at the moment!wacko74 wrote:^^ Anyone?
Surely someone can give me an idea of what leave entitlement I should get on 30 hrs with £8.72 POAL?
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male
Holiday entitlement confusion!
[
Last edited by 97gaz on 14 Dec 2019, 15:46, edited 1 time in total.
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Holiday entitlement confusion!
Thanks for the replies, I wasn't sure what my standard allocation was or how many extra days I was buying, but if my allocation is 26 days then I should definitely be getting more than 4 days for my £8.72!
-
joewyan
- Posts: 382
- Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
- Gender: Male
Holiday entitlement confusion!
wacko74 wrote:Thanks for the replies, I wasn't sure what my standard allocation was or how many extra days I was buying, but if my allocation is 26 days then I should definitely be getting more than 4 days for my £8.72!
That’s how much I pay for my POAL and I’m 7 years service on a 30 hour contract
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Holiday entitlement confusion!
joewyan wrote:wacko74 wrote:Thanks for the replies, I wasn't sure what my standard allocation was or how many extra days I was buying, but if my allocation is 26 days then I should definitely be getting more than 4 days for my £8.72!
That’s how much I pay for my POAL and I’m 7 years service on a 30 hour contract
So what number of days does that purchase for you? I'm guessing it must be more than the the 4 that I seem to be getting?!
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Holiday entitlement confusion!
Career breaks don't count towards length of service. If you've been with us 16 years your length of service is 16 minus however long your career break was.
Might explain the POAL discrepancy of it takes you under 15 years.
Might explain the POAL discrepancy of it takes you under 15 years.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Holiday entitlement confusion!
Thanks, so excluding my 1 year career break gives me 15 years service, does that still mean 26 days basic entitlement?
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male
Holiday entitlement confusion!
1
Last edited by 97gaz on 14 Dec 2019, 15:46, edited 1 time in total.
-
joewyan
- Posts: 382
- Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
- Gender: Male
Holiday entitlement confusion!
My entitlement is 23.5 days so that is buying me 6.5 days for that cost.wacko74 wrote:joewyan wrote:wacko74 wrote:Thanks for the replies, I wasn't sure what my standard allocation was or how many extra days I was buying, but if my allocation is 26 days then I should definitely be getting more than 4 days for my £8.72!
That’s how much I pay for my POAL and I’m 7 years service on a 30 hour contract
So what number of days does that purchase for you? I'm guessing it must be more than the the 4 that I seem to be getting?!
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Holiday entitlement confusion!
Still struggling with this! How many days basic entitlement do you get prior to 15 years service?
(I have tried looking up what should be a perfectly simple answer but can't find it elsewhere)!
(I have tried looking up what should be a perfectly simple answer but can't find it elsewhere)!