ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

one to one with manager???

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Yamr1
Posts: 625
Joined: 04 Feb 2018, 11:26
Gender: Female

one to one with manager???

Post by Yamr1 »

Is this happen in any other office
Our office every member of staff getting it with manager for 5 to 10 minutes??
Just to see if it compulsory or not ..
jmlr1971
Posts: 87
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 21:31
Location: scotland

one to one with manager???

Post by jmlr1971 »

Go in with someone else , be it a rep or a pal !!
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

one to one with manager???

Post by k979aaa »

Yamr1 wrote:Is this happen in any other office
Our office every member of staff getting it with manager for 5 to 10 minutes??
Just to see if it compulsory or not ..
Is this a return to work interview?
Yamr1
Posts: 625
Joined: 04 Feb 2018, 11:26
Gender: Female

one to one with manager???

Post by Yamr1 »

It's only questions about office etc
Was wondering if it was a national thing

Nope not return to work
gaffer asking about office etc
Not had mine yet
work colleagues said its all crap questions etc
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

one to one with manager???

Post by k979aaa »

sound's creepy do you have to answer or can you say no comment.
Yamr1
Posts: 625
Joined: 04 Feb 2018, 11:26
Gender: Female

one to one with manager???

Post by Yamr1 »

Work colleague said no comment and others I've been told
But was wondering if other offices were getting it
Wasn't sure if it was a one plan crappy idea
Defo creepy
glenfiddich
Posts: 1012
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15

one to one with manager???

Post by glenfiddich »

Some in our office did it a few years ago nothing ever came off it :arrrghhh
Yamr1
Posts: 625
Joined: 04 Feb 2018, 11:26
Gender: Female

one to one with manager???

Post by Yamr1 »

Defo :arrrghhh
kingeric
Posts: 133
Joined: 12 Jan 2013, 13:45
Gender: Male

one to one with manager???

Post by kingeric »

Not in our office but I think it's a good idea. I'd rather a manager that listened to problems in the office than pretended everything was rosy. If you have nothing to say then you just tell them that and walk out. No big deal. But in my experience most postmen have good ideas that either don't get listened to or they don't speak about because they feel they won't be listened to so this can only be a good idea.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

one to one with manager???

Post by k979aaa »

kingeric wrote:Not in our office but I think it's a good idea. I'd rather a manager that listened to problems in the office than pretended everything was rosy. If you have nothing to say then you just tell them that and walk out. No big deal. But in my experience most postmen have good ideas that either don't get listened to or they don't speak about because they feel they won't be listened to so this can only be a good idea.
Do you honestly believe it is a contentiousness initiative more like they are told to do it and will lose bonus kick up the arse if they don't do it!
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

one to one with manager???

Post by Brandy »

Managers caring about the posties? I doubt it I expect they have been told to be seen to be caring by the bosses above,when infact most of them couldnt give a toss about the postie.Another PR exercise to try and make them look good and make themselves feel good.
I am sorry I always sound so negative about RM managers but its just through my own experience.
kingeric
Posts: 133
Joined: 12 Jan 2013, 13:45
Gender: Male

one to one with manager???

Post by kingeric »

k979aaa wrote:
kingeric wrote:Not in our office but I think it's a good idea. I'd rather a manager that listened to problems in the office than pretended everything was rosy. If you have nothing to say then you just tell them that and walk out. No big deal. But in my experience most postmen have good ideas that either don't get listened to or they don't speak about because they feel they won't be listened to so this can only be a good idea.
Do you honestly believe it is a contentiousness initiative more like they are told to do it and will lose bonus kick up the arse if they don't do it!
Well going off the replies here it's one manager that has decided to do it off their own back.

There are far too many cynical f***ers on this site. Before working for royal mail I worked in another job where a new manager came in and spoke to everyone about the job 1v1. Asked us lots of questions. Over the next year or so it became a far better place to work just because of that chat.

I'm not interested in managing but it is always something I said I'd do if I ever went into management. That wouldn't mean I'm told too or that I'm out to get people. It just means that I've been in that position and know that small things can help. Something I think this manager has done. In the end one thing people were complaining about in my old job was the state of the staff room. The next day the manager brought in an old tv from home and it gave people something to watch. Doesn't sound much but morale improved straight away and people were happier. That ended up being one of the best managers I ever worked for.

Just because your manager may be an arse or people on here complain about managers it doesn't mean this particular manager is. So let's applaud someone that actually gives a s**t rather than look for reasons.

And if it is because he's been told to do it.....then again it's a good thing that we have a voice. Too often there are threads on here complaining of not being listened to and managers not caring. Now one does care they must be up to something!
Yamr1
Posts: 625
Joined: 04 Feb 2018, 11:26
Gender: Female

one to one with manager???

Post by Yamr1 »

Yip this manger is arse not got a good bone in his body.

Doesn't listen to any one.
His way or the high way to be honest
Yamr1
Posts: 625
Joined: 04 Feb 2018, 11:26
Gender: Female

one to one with manager???

Post by Yamr1 »

This must be coming from above
TheTrolleyMan
Posts: 776
Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 15:39
Gender: Male

one to one with manager???

Post by TheTrolleyMan »

Is it so he can implement other people's ideas as his own ? Or as I call it " Bonus Boosting "