ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Is this allowed
-
Boon55555
- Posts: 13
- Joined: 27 May 2017, 16:48
- Gender: Male
Is this allowed
I’m working with an old postie who is very slow due to age and injuries
I do extra bits to help and also deliver packets after my loops while I wait for him
But due to this we go an hour sometimes 2 hours over daily and yet still have to argue
With managers daily not to take absorption as we will already be well over our time .
We’re being bullied constantly to take it out and it’s really getting stressful having the same daily
Arguments even though it’s obvious we can’t take extra work out .
We complete both walks every day regardless of how long they take .
Also recently when I have my rest day or holiday I come back and half of my walk has been left in from the day before and I’m told to take that out as well as my days work and if I complain they say I’m going there anyway so it’s fine is there anything I can do about this please ?
I do extra bits to help and also deliver packets after my loops while I wait for him
But due to this we go an hour sometimes 2 hours over daily and yet still have to argue
With managers daily not to take absorption as we will already be well over our time .
We’re being bullied constantly to take it out and it’s really getting stressful having the same daily
Arguments even though it’s obvious we can’t take extra work out .
We complete both walks every day regardless of how long they take .
Also recently when I have my rest day or holiday I come back and half of my walk has been left in from the day before and I’m told to take that out as well as my days work and if I complain they say I’m going there anyway so it’s fine is there anything I can do about this please ?
-
hans solo
- Posts: 3288
- Joined: 06 Feb 2011, 18:08
- Gender: Male
Is this allowed
Tell them you can only work your allocated hours today
-
kirakk
- Posts: 18
- Joined: 03 Jan 2013, 19:37
- Gender: Male
- Location: Nearest pub
Is this allowed
Work to your time.
It's the managers problem, not yours.
Follow the correct procedure and good luck.
It's the managers problem, not yours.
Follow the correct procedure and good luck.
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Is this allowed
Log everything. Times dates witnesses what was said and by whom.
Ask your manager for a b and h form next time he gives it and then just the threat of that might make him stand down
Ask your manager for a b and h form next time he gives it and then just the threat of that might make him stand down
-
Boon55555
- Posts: 13
- Joined: 27 May 2017, 16:48
- Gender: Male
Is this allowed
Thanks for the advice lads I’ll take it onboard and see how things pan out
-
gunho
- Posts: 59
- Joined: 08 Jan 2010, 20:15
- Gender: Male
Is this allowed
Ensure you follow correct procedure, you do not have to work past your time we all got a life outside of RM
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Is this allowed
take your lapsing and then work to your time and bring what you cant complete back
its called cutting off but ring your manager an hour before telling him your bringing it back
Work to your time
As I say you TELL HIM and not ask him that you are cutting off .
If he says you can't ask for it in writing or get your your union rep involved
its called cutting off but ring your manager an hour before telling him your bringing it back
Work to your time
As I say you TELL HIM and not ask him that you are cutting off .
If he says you can't ask for it in writing or get your your union rep involved
-
Boon55555
- Posts: 13
- Joined: 27 May 2017, 16:48
- Gender: Male
Is this allowed
Nobody in our office is allowed to bring anything back so anything you need to leave has to be agreed and left in the office
Before we go out.weve heard it happens in loads of other depots they just bring it back but we’re told in the strongest terms it can never be returned to the office ,guessing that’s just managers trying to bully us into taking everything but threatened with wilful delay if items returned
Before we go out.weve heard it happens in loads of other depots they just bring it back but we’re told in the strongest terms it can never be returned to the office ,guessing that’s just managers trying to bully us into taking everything but threatened with wilful delay if items returned
-
FelicityRae
- Posts: 27
- Joined: 17 Dec 2016, 12:13
- Gender: Female
Is this allowed
Threatened with wilful delay but yet it’s okay for half a duty to be left the day before? Not great if the manager isn’t ensuring it’s all delivered when you’re not there.
-
Boon55555
- Posts: 13
- Joined: 27 May 2017, 16:48
- Gender: Male
Is this allowed
Totally agree it seems to be one rule for us and one rule for them and I’ve mentioned it being wilful delay on their part but
Gets thrown back as staffing issues and nobody to cover the walk so fobbed off
Gets thrown back as staffing issues and nobody to cover the walk so fobbed off
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Is this allowed
like the way you said boon age and injuries

"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Is this allowed
It's very simple Boon. If you think you are going over advise your line manager and ask him/her how he/she would like to deal with it but you are not going over your time. They cannot bully or threaten you into working longer as there is nothing they can do about it, you do not have to work over your time! But ask them how they would like to deal with it as soon as it is clear you will not be able to complete preferably before you go out, that way they have to deal with it, not you. If you take too much work out and cannot complete, you are entitle to take it back to the office but you must let them know you will be doing this as soon as you know. If you want to make sure you deliver everything to avoid more confrontation with management just take less than you think you can do, you can always slow down a bit! 
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Is this allowed
If you and your manager disagree with the workload which can be achieved then it should be noted down in the diary by a manager with the daily traffic count. MAKE SURE YOU SEE THIS BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE OFFICE.
-
South_London_Postie
- Posts: 306
- Joined: 18 Nov 2016, 19:58
- Gender: Male
Is this allowed
Can I just say, Well done. For not pinning the blame on your older colleague and being supportive helping out where you can. Respect
-
bensonhedge
- Posts: 448
- Joined: 15 Mar 2010, 20:14
- Gender: Male
Is this allowed
Get the old fella a hct,problem solved