ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Ordering uniform

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
max power
Posts: 113
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 21:30

Ordering uniform

Post by max power »

Hello chums

Apparently I’ve had my allocation of trousers 3 pairs

2 now have holes in them and my next allocation is not until June 2019

My line manager has tried to order some but they say no

So where do I get trousers from ?

Or shall I wear my jeans :Very Happy
DGH
Posts: 710
Joined: 13 Dec 2014, 18:04
Gender: Male
Location: Neither here nor there

Ordering uniform

Post by DGH »

Perhaps report for work wearing no trousers? That may 'incentivise the ordering process', as they say . . .
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Ordering uniform

Post by NewPostieUK »

Regatta Stretch Combats off eBay are excellent. £15 inc postage.

Asda do some decent combats for £16 or £18, but not in the grey. Navy is fine :)
max power
Posts: 113
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 21:30

Ordering uniform

Post by max power »

DGH wrote:Perhaps report for work wearing no trousers? That may 'incentivise the ordering process', as they say . . .
I would love to do that :cool
max power
Posts: 113
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 21:30

Ordering uniform

Post by max power »

NewPostieUK wrote:Regatta Stretch Combats off eBay are excellent. £15 inc postage.

Asda do some decent combats for £16 or £18, but not in the grey. Navy is fine :)
Thanks I’ve been looking but I can’t help but think why should I buy my own ?
I’ve only been in the job 18 years :arrrghhh
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Ordering uniform

Post by NewPostieUK »

max power wrote: I can’t help but think why should I buy my own ?
You shouldn't have to I know.

I just gave up. The uniform doesn't last five minutes and if even the manager can't get you new stuff what can you do? Write to Moya maybe.

We'll be paying for our uniform before long anyway..
mailroyaly
Posts: 129
Joined: 15 Feb 2008, 16:00
Gender: Male
Location: over there

Ordering uniform

Post by mailroyaly »

Sew some patches on them. Be as good as new.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Ordering uniform

Post by SpacePhoenix »

No manager in any DO or MC can authorise any uniform. The authorising is done by a manager higher up the foodchain (don't know if it's one for the whole country or 1 per region)
Clared
Posts: 122
Joined: 08 Jul 2016, 12:18
Gender: Female

Ordering uniform

Post by Clared »

max power wrote:
NewPostieUK wrote:Regatta Stretch Combats off eBay are excellent. £15 inc postage.

Asda do some decent combats for £16 or £18, but not in the grey. Navy is fine :)
Thanks I’ve been looking but I can’t help but think why should I buy my own ?
I’ve only been in the job 18 years :arrrghhh
To be honest i buy my own trousers n shorts from sports.com. i buy the cargo stuff so they last so much longer than ours. Then when it's time for my allocation i just order my new uniform & then alternate them so they don't wear out as quick.
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Ordering uniform

Post by NewPostieUK »

Clared wrote: To be honest i buy my own trousers n shorts from sports.com. i buy the cargo stuff so they last so much longer than ours. Then when it's time for my allocation i just order my new uniform & then alternate them so they don't wear out as quick.
Same here. On any given day I'll most likely be wearing one item that isn't Royal Mail issue.
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

Ordering uniform

Post by CPTNemoUK »

The pockets are the worst part of the trouser/shorts. I'm pretty certain they are made out of tissue paper. Sick of losing pens.
max power
Posts: 113
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 21:30

Ordering uniform

Post by max power »

Thanks guys I will have to dig out my good pants too :dance
Janet Brum
Posts: 886
Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
Gender: Female

Ordering uniform

Post by Janet Brum »

max power wrote:Hello chums

Apparently I’ve had my allocation of trousers 3 pairs

2 now have holes in them and my next allocation is not until June 2019

My line manager has tried to order some but they say no

So where do I get trousers from ?

Or shall I wear my jeans :Very Happy
I had received an extra pair of trousers after sending to dimensions a pair with holes in them.

You will have to re-order on dimension`s website, if you can state in as much possible detail as to why you need the garments, this will get sent to the Demand Challenge Team who have the authority to authorise or decline any orders.

Good luck.
WOBBLY
Posts: 362
Joined: 27 Apr 2012, 13:19
Gender: Male

Ordering uniform

Post by WOBBLY »

As above, just arrive for work in your boxers :nervous Maybe a bright coloured pair of tracksuit bottoms...... I bet you get a new pair of trousers before you can blink :hmmmm
rogersh
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1374
Joined: 26 Oct 2011, 11:31
Gender: Male

Ordering uniform

Post by rogersh »

http://www.bl.uk/learning/timeline/large106365.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;